Optomistic - Dillsburg, PA

Well, I am 6 weeks into my Invisalign treatment...

Well, I am 6 weeks into my Invisalign treatment and I am optomistic and happy with the results so far! I am a 43 year old nurse and I had braces as a kid, but they came off in 6th grade. I think my teeth started to shift around the time I had my wisdom teeth out at 21. I have been very self-conscious about my teeth for many years and the over-bite and gaps in my front teeth are the first things I see in every picture of myself. I like to smile alot and am so happy that I can now begin to smile without thinking that my buck teeth are looking silly!:)

It has been quite an adjustment for me. The first few days were pretty awful until my mouth got used to having something foreign in there. I'm always a little sore the first few days of new trays, but it goes away quickly. I do get thirsty, it seems, and drinking even cool water with the trays in isn't totally satisfying, because they shift a bit and feel weird. Taking them out to eat is annoying but a small price to pay, I think, for a smile that I can feel good about! It does shorten my lunch break because I am fanatical about brushing before I put the trays back in!! I can't say that I've lost any weight, so I can only assume that I didn't do that much snacking before...bummer that part!:)

I just got my 4th set of trays, along with 6 of the attachments~4 on top, 2 on bottom, none right in front, thankfully. I had a devil of a time getting the trays out to eat dinner and was sure I'd break the trays or pull one of the "buttons" off, but I managed and they are back in now. Boy, they do not come out easily!!! It feels like the one side on top doesn't seat very well, despite the "chewies" my dentist gave me, but maybe it'll get better over time. Eating with the buttons on was a strange adventure, too! Today, I also had some "shaving" of just two teeth on the bottom. I was really worried about that part, but it wasn't awful. I still don't understand how that doesn't mess up the enamel between those two teeth.

I have had a lot of anxiety around getting Invisalign mostly because I've had a root canal on one of my top front teeth and I was afraid it would fall out or some such terrifying thought! So far, so good, though, despite a dream I had where one did fall out!:)

Anyway, I must say that I'm happy and psyched that things are alreay improving! I've worn them religiously and it's paying off. I recently saw a photo of myself and it was pretty close up...my teeth look GREAT (even after just these few weeks) in the photo which makes me ecstatically happy!!!

I've enjoyed reading everyone's comments (though some scare me a bit)...it's nice to have a place to learn more about people's experiences and see that I'm not alone.

I'll keep you posted!:)