30 Year Old Implants To Come Out, Afraid Of The Results - Pennsylvania

1st implants were put in 1982, 2nd set 1983. Have...

1st implants were put in 1982, 2nd set 1983. Have gone through cc and hardness both times. Left breast is now higher on the chest than right because of the capsules. Honestly, I went to the ps and was just going to have them changed out with the new cohesive gel, and then I found this site and everything I was feeling inside but was afraid to say, you guys were saying and I knew then what I was going to do. Mind you this is a big decision for me to make because I has asymmetrical breast. My implant are a 190 and a 250. I also am tired on feeling like I have 2 rocks on my chest all the time. I went back to my ps last week & told him what I wanted to do & he was surprised. He said if you didn't like your small breast before you won't like them now. I then told him that I didn't have the implants puts in because my breast were small, I had it done for symmetry. He has a very good bed side manner and really listened to what i had to say. I thought I would change my mind and just have new implants put in, but I didn't. I am really looking forward to having them out, even if they are different sizes. My husband told be he was with me because he loved my and not for my breasts. I'm sure the nerves will set in as the day gets closer, only 5 days to go. I will take before and after photos and upload them later.

Getting a little nervious today. Trying to be keep...

Getting a little nervious today. Trying to be keep busy. Have to get the house cleaned so I don't have to worry about it. Hubby isn't much of a cleaner.
Hi leona123, everyone here seems to think the same way. We aren't the same people we were all those years ago. Our views on everything seem to change as we grow older. If we only had the wisdom 25 or 30 years ago, when we went to get implants, maybe we wouldn't have done it. Who knows. Let me know how you make out at the ps.
Good luck with your surgery!

I had my implants done in 1987. They are about 200cc also. I am going to a ps tomorrow about having them removed. I don't think it matters how I felt about my breasts 25 years ago. I'm not the same person and I don't think I'll care if they sag or wrinkle!

Again, best wishes for a speedy recovery!

Feeling a little anxious today. Had a hard time...

Feeling a little anxious today. Had a hard time getting to sleep last night. Kept thinking about the upcoming surgery. 3 days to go. I keep thinking the worst abouth the outcome. Cleaned the house last night so everything will be clean, so thats one less thing to worry about. Not sure I really want to see them once the implants are out. Maybe I'll wait a few days.
Hi beaglebaby, I was SO nervous before the surgery - I know the feeling. I didnt want to see them either after, but actually they were not anywhere near as bad as I thought they would be and they have just got better and better since - they really do change so much from when you first have them out. So if you are disappointed, just give it a bit of time. Good luck x

2 more days to go and I am getting pretty nervious...

2 more days to go and I am getting pretty nervious. The ps office is to call me tomorrow and let me know what time I have to be there on friday. My husband finishes up work tomorrow and then he is taking a week off work to say home with me and the dogs. My dogs are Beagles but they are tuggers, so to take them out to go potty might not be such a good idea for me for a little bit. He'll take the next week off work and when he goes back he's taking the 6yr old beagle with him and I'm going to keep the 7 month old. The dog will probably come home 10 pound heavier after a week in the tractor trailor with him. I need to call the ps office tomorrow and ask about the cc, if they take them out or not. I read where you body will reabsorb them over time. Not sure how true that is.
When I had my implants put in the ps had to use a 190cc in the larger and a 250 in the smaller, so there was quite a bit of difference. I think it wont be to bad now, time and a little bit of weight gain may be to my benifit once there out. At least I wont have the hard balls in my chest any longer.
Perhaps you could have the larger breast reduced slightly in a few months if you feel self conscious?

I think actually my smaller breast is a little bigger now, presumably from skin being stretched.
Hi andi22, I'm getting more nervious as the day gets closer. 2 more days. I'm keeping my fingers crossed and saying a little prayer that thing will go ok. As for the outcome, I read a post where someone else didn't have sysmetrical breast and they were fine with the outcome.

One more day to go untill my explant. My ps office...

One more day to go untill my explant. My ps office called today and told me I had to be there by 12:30 tomorrow. I 'm surprised I actually feel pretty calm today, not nervious like the last few days. I have a few butterflies but thats it. Finishing up at work today, so when I leave at 5pm tonight I will have the signs on the door of my store and my answering machine changed letting everyone know that I will be closed for 2 weeks. I haven't taken this much time off in the last 10years. It will be some much needed rest and time for me to get used to the new me. I have my meds from the ps to take tonight so I can sleep. I'm sure I would be up all night thinking about it other wise.
Well 2 1/2 hours untill surgery. Have a few butterflies in my stomach right now, but other than that I feel pretty good. Not to say how i will be once I get there. Thanks for all the well wishes.
Good luck with the op, it is going to be fine. x
We'll wait and see how the healing process goes and how the "fluff" . Maybe it won't be a big deal. The ps office called me a little while ago, I have to be there by 12:30 tomorrow. They asked how long it would take us to get there incase they could move it up. I'll be starved till i'm done. If not hungry i'll at least wait a cup of coffee. So the 24 hr countdown has begun. I'm surprised i'm not that nervious today.

Well surgery was yesterday at 12:00. I took about...

Well surgery was yesterday at 12:00. I took about 2 hours. The ps said everything went as well as could be expected. He remove the implants and the capsule. He said he was amazed that after 30 years the implants were intact. There was alot of silicone bleeding, so he got into a little more than expected. They said the capsules were so hard, mine was a Baker IV, that in somer places they were as brittle as potato chips. I told them i wanted to see them, can't remember them showing them to me, but the nurse said they always take pictures, so I'll get to see those. I don't know what my breasts look like yet. Right now I hurt so bad and as flat as a pancake. The doctor wraped me in what looks like a huge ace bandage and then over that is a rubberized wrap. It's very tight. I've had a headache since the surgery, probably from the anestic. Everyone was so nice nice when i got there. The nurse that put my IV in asked me what I was having done (I know they have to ask that redundant question) and I told her. She said why are you doing that. I told her I could live with the pain anymore. See was surprised I wasn't haveing new implants in. No more for me. All I've been doing since I got home yesterday is sleep. I have to go back to the ps on wednesday to have the drains taken out, and then they will remove the wrap. Not sure if I'll be ready to look at them yet. I'm glad its all over with, I only wish I would have done it sooner. my husband has been the perfect nurse. I think he may have found a new profession, that would be good , going from a tractor trailer drive to a nurse. He has been taking very good care of me. Making sure i always have something to drink, got me breakfast & lunch, my meds and empties the drain. I think I'll keep him. Can't wait to get rid of these surgical stocking tonight, The nurse said I had to wear them for 24 hours.

You're on the other side. That's a relief! I hope your recovery is easy. Please keep updating. It's great to hear how you're doing.

It's been 2 day since my explant, i'm still pretty...

It's been 2 day since my explant, i'm still pretty sore. Ran a fever of 101 last night. I've had a headache since the surgery, it's seems to be finally letting up some. Hubby has been so good, he brings me my meds at the right time, empties the drains, keeps by glass filled with something to drink. He even made me scrambles eggs & toast this morning. I didn't think he knew how to cook.( I guess I'll Keep Him) Can't wait for this bandage to be gone and the drains out. I go back to the ps on wednesday morning. I have to take a sports bra with me, no that their will be anything to put in one. I'm very nervious about the unveiling, not really sure that i want to look at them quite yet.
Hello Beagle Baby. I was thinking about you earlier today. I can only imagine how nervous I would be to "take a peek." It's such a sudden change instead of being a gradual process like aging.

I am sure you are a lovely and strong woman. And I would guess you've been through worse. So just know that you can power through it. It will no doubt take some getting used to, but in time you'll get busy with life and your new body will begin to feel ~well~natural!

Best wishes!
Hi BB, glad to hear it is all over. Hope you feel better soon, take it easy xx

It's now day 3 without the implants and i am still...

It's now day 3 without the implants and i am still so sore. I guess i've been using my arms a little more than I should. I have been getting a burning feeling in my breast and have noticed that the drain on the right side went from being light colored to now almost all blood. Soooo no more lifting arms above a 45 dregree angle for me. 45 degree. . they may as well tell you to keep your arms at you side the whole time. You dont reliaze how much you use your arm untill you can't. Just opening my french door refridgerator is a chore. I want these drains out in the worst way. Had a headache since the surgery and relized that it was from pain meds that they gave me . Didn't have a headache at all yesterday and took a pain pill before bed and woke up with a headache this morning. so no more pain meds for me. I'm sure that once these rubberized bandages are off of me and the drains are out I will fill 110% better. Still a little afraid to see the results once the bandages are off, I know they are wraped really tight so they will look really bad once he unwraps them. I'm not sure if i want my husband in the room when the ps takes them off. I probably should let him come in, he will think of things to ask that I won't even thik of. Hubby is using this week as a little vacation from work and is spending the time (when he's not waiting on me) building a garden shed/chicken coop. We built a new house and moved in a little over a year ago so there is still alot of things we want to do.
So did you look? Im like a kid at Christmas. How is the pain by the drains? Its annoying as all hell.
No I haven't looked yet. I have such a tight bandage on that i can'e see down it. I can feel the right drain spot and the left I don't feel at all . The bandages being so tight is what makes my chest hurt. It's hard to stand up straight, I feel like i'm about 90. Tomorrow the bandages come off and hopefully the drains come out,they'll be in 5 days tomorrow, a little to long for me.
Dear BB,

I just got home from bra shopping. I am looking at all the cute padded bras that come in what I am guessing will be my size. Seems like there are thousands of choices. They even have padded nightgowns!

It's ironic, back in 1987 I couldn't even find a padded bra, even at specialty stores. Whenever I asked, sales people looked at me like I was a pervert! But I found a Plastic Surgeon who was courteous and helpful and certainly willing to do implants!

I wonder if all of this could have been avoided if I'd just had access to a couple of "porkchops" Heehee. Who knows?

I still have one teenager at home so I would like to do this when I can hide under winter clothes. Either I'll do it in October or I'll have to wait until January. Too busy over the holidays.

You get your rest girl. And don't worry about your spelling. I know what ya mean!

Best wishes!

Had my appointment with the ps this morning to...

Had my appointment with the ps this morning to have the drains out and the binding removed. All i can about the drains are OUCH. The left side was worse than the right. They took the binding and I instantly felt 100% better, was nice to be able to stand up straight again. And no I didn't look at them in the ps office. My ps said he was so glad he got those old silicone implants out of me. He said they were intact but had alot of bleed coming through the shell. He said it took him longer that expected because of the CC. He told me my body was really fighting hard against the implants all these years, there was alot of calcium build up in the cc. He said they really did need to come out. I go back on the 20th to have the stitches removed.

When I got home I had to look and see what they looked liked. Honestly they aren't to bad. Bigger than when I had the implants put in. I still have asysemtrical breast and the top of my right breast is dented in . I think it might be because the binding he put on was so tight. Of course they are flat from being bound, took a pic and will take more as time goes on.

I am just so happy to have them out of me. It is so different not having those balls on the top of my chest. The flat look is what will take getting used to. It feels like I can even breath easier. I have to say this was a decision that was very hard for me to make. I was on the frence about getting reimplanted right up to 5 days before surgery when I had to give a decision to the ps. I feel like I made the right decision.

My husband went with me to the ps and a younger girl came in with her husband (i think) . She strutted her stuff, heels, short shorts, low neck top. My ps defiently did nice work on her. My husband said he thought wait till she goes through what I went through with mine. Maybe she'll be lucky and her body will like them.
I had my surgery on the 9th of July and I feel great it's really weird. I expected to be in a lot more pain than I am. I feel discomfort and I am aware of the incision and there is mild pain at that site but it's not enough to take pain meds. How are you feeling? Are you in pain? Were your implants sub-muscular? Yours were silicone right? I hope your health improves now that they are out. My health has been compromised by mine and I am so happy they are gone. I wished I could of burned them in a giant bone fire........
Sorry I guess I am tired because I didn't read the part where you said you are feeling fantastic, that's great!!!!! I guess getting them out is easier than putting them in...I'm taking a nap I've been doing too much because I feel so good. I hope you have a great day and don't over do it let that wonderful nurse husband take care of you....
You had yours out 3 day after me. Yes mine were sub-muscular and silicone (the old silicone) I go on friday to have my stitches out. Do you have any numbness of your breasts. My left breast is really numb from toward my underarm to 1/2 way across the front below the nipple. I'm hoping this will go away.

My nurse husband had to go back to work today, he was here for the last 10 day which was nice. He took our 6 year old dog to work with him for the week, he is a tractor trailer driver and owns his own truck & trailer, so there was no problem the dog going with him. I have the 7 month old puppy here with me. The older one tugs to much and my husband said I didn't need that. So pepper is a "truckin beagle" this week.

I pray that all your health issues get better with the implants gone. If we only knew then......at least were older and wiser now. To bad we couldnt have been wiser when we were younger. Get some much deserved rest and let your body heal.

Stitches came out yesterday. They took 2 week...

Stitches came out yesterday. They took 2 week after pics and the nurse ask me how I was feeling, she said I look so much better than with the implants in. My rightbreast seems to have sunken in at the top, directly across from my underarm. But all that aside i still feel great. I go back in 3 month for a check with the ps.

I have decided that i am going to have fat transfere to the breast to correct the symetry. My ps said to let my breasts heal for 6 months and then we are going to be doing the Brava System. I have done alot of reserch on it, it seem it has very good results. My husband watched a dvd that the ps gave me to bring home and he said it makes sense to use your own body fat. He told me if wanted to do it ok, but it didn't matter to him one way or the other. I haven't posted any pics yet, I do have before & after pics and you can see the size difference. Once I load my camera disk to my laptop I'll upload some pics. I want to keep a photo journal from implant to explant to fat transfer. It won't be do bad wearing the Brava System in the winter since I'll be wearing sweat shirts and sweaters.

My breasts seem to be very sensitive the last few days, especially the right side, even the nipple is very sore. I haven't been able to stretch my arm uptoward the ceiling yet, it feels like the muscle is very tight. I ask the nurse about it when I had my stitches out yesterday and she said - she wasn't really sure about it, that honestly they don't do many explants. She said most women that come in exchange them. Well that wasn't for me. My husband tells me that they hurt because they need to breath haha, he says they don't like being bound up in a bra. I went bra shopping after the doctors yesterday and found a really soft bra that when i put in on this morning i was so excited that you couldn't see the size difference under my shirt. And it's not even a padded bra. I guess I'll be going back to Boscov's monday to get a few more.

I feel very good about my explant journey. I think for the first time in my life I feel comfortable in my own skin. I'm sure that sounds kind of strange.
Ok that sounds helpful! Hope you are doing better! Remember...no ones breasts are symmetrical :) PS- why do the women need to suffer? Mens testicles hang lower than each other and they wrinkle and are asymmetric lol.
Yes, I have taken before and after pic. Haven't got them posted yet. I need a little courage to do that. Maybe this week I'll post some.
Hi Sgfit . . My asymmetry is about almost a cup. My ps has excellent results with the system we are going to use. Heaven knows I have enough belly and thighs to spare a little. Might as well shift it to my breasts. Not sure about the lipo either but its the only way it can be transfered. I figure its alot better than implants.

Well it's been 6 weeks since my old silicone...

Well it's been 6 weeks since my old silicone implants have come out. Each day thing get a little better. I found it's still not a good idea to lift anything heavy yet, so i've had to back off a little. I tend to get a little over zelious about thing when I feel good.

I can definetly say that the pros out weigh the cons and far as the explant goes.
Pros . . . .
1) Can lay on my stomach again
2) Can hug without feeling hard balls
3) I breath so much easier . . my chest doesn't hurt when I inhale deep
Cons. . .
1) Still have asymetrical breasts

I wanted to have my implants out a long time ago but was afraid. I always planned on haveing new implants put in. That was my plan when I sought out a new ps. Then I came across the Real Self board and things changed.I read so many reviews and realized that what everone was saying was exactally how I felt inside. So the decision was made to explant and go back to the way God intended.I was hoping for a little better outcome than I got, but you can't correct asymetrical breasts with implants and then take them out and expect them to be symetrical. All things considered I am still so glad they came out. I have plans after 6 months of healing to have my own fat transfered to my breast to correct the asymetry. My ps suggested it so that is the plan. After the 1st of the year I will start the Brava system. At least this way it will be natural and all a part of me.

Going through this journey has made me realize what is important in life. I have a GREAT guy that has stood behind me through it all. When I had the implants put in all those years ago he never told me that he didn't agree with me doing it. I found that out after I came out from surgery and we were getting ready to go home , he told that to the nurse, he said he was glad I had them out and that he didn't agree with me having them in. If I had known that before I had the implants maybe I wouldn't have done it. Insurance paid for it back then, so I thought . . why not.

I wish there were forms like this back then. That was the dark ages. There are such a nice group of ladies that are all going through the same thing. I't nice when you say someting about how you feel and some one actually understands because they feel that way to.
I will continue to post my journey with the fat transfer and let everone know how it goes. I pray that God will bless each of you wonderful ladies on the real self forum.

I'm really thinking about posting pics. Maybe soon
Hi BeagleBaby! So nice to hear from you and also nice to hear things are returning to normal. I talked to you a few times last summer. I'm glad you're still happy with your results. I've been in the planning stages of this for so long I'm beginning to feel like some creepy stalker on this site. As I told Aftermath, my hangup is finding a ride. My PS told me he would drain my implants (saline) first, if I'd like to see the results and then decide whether I want just an explant or an explant and lift. I think it would be nice to get a preview just so I could get mentally prepared before I have to undergo surgery and recovery. I'm sure nothing is going to happen now until after the holidays. Maybe Santa will give me a ride in his sleigh (hohoho).
Hi, great to read your update. I'm so glad you are happy.
Hi, just like eyebows aren't twins they are sisters!

It has been 4 months since my implants were...

It has been 4 months since my implants were removed. It feels like I never had them in, it's hard to remember me with implants. Still so glad I did it even with asymetrical breasts. I have 2 more months of healing to wait untill I can start the Brava system expansion and then do the fat transfer to the breasts. I've joined the gym again to try and tighten everything back up before the lipo. The last thing I want is to really be flabby looking.

At my 3 month checkup my ps said he could do regular mico fat grafting to the breast, but it is done in smaller segments, and it would take at least 3 to 4 time to get the end result. Using the Brava system, your breasts expand so they will accept more fat in just one session. My ps said he would remove 1,900 cc of fat (thats equilivant to a 2 liter bottle of soda) and put 400cc back into each breast paying close attention to the breast that is smaller. 400cc seems like alot when you think of it in a implants, but it really isn't since it's distruibuted throughout your entire breat. I am really looking forward to the fat transfer. It will be nice to have a bra fit right. It will be easy to wear the Brava bra since it will be done in the winter. My husband says noone will even notice that i'm wearing the brava since it will be sweater and sweatshit weather.. You wear the brava system at night for awhile and then you have to wear it 24/7 up to the surgery date. Ithought I would be awake for the procedure but ps said i would be asleep.
Hi BeagleBaby1! I was wondering if you have started the BRAVA process yet. I've decided that I'm having the fat transfer procedure but I haven't decided on a doctor yet - I wish I lived on the East Coast!
Hi ANewImprovedMe - No, I haven't started the Brava process yet. It will be sometime in January. I had to wait 6 months after my implants were removed to start, that takes me to January 6th. So after the 6th of January I'll be making my appointment with my ps to get measured for the domes and get the process started. I am really looking forward to it. I'm praying that I retain a good portion of the fat that goes in. My ps studied under Dr Khouri in Miami, Dr Khouri has patients that retain 90% of the fat. I hope that ends up being me.
iI got fat transfer....it left me with painful cysts :(

Well it's been 6 month since my implants were...

Well it's been 6 month since my implants were removed. I have scheduled my appointment for January 16th with ps to go over everything about the Brava system and the fat transfer to the breasts. The nurse said they would measure for the domes and get them ordered. She said it could take up to 3-4 weeks to get them in. They have a few sets at the office so if they are the right size for me I will probably come home with them on wednesday. My husband and I have come up with a long list of questions for him about the procedure. I have been trying to decide if I wanted to use the Brava or just do the micro fat grafting. I have decided to do the Brava system. I cant wait to get started. Will post more once I have my appointment with my ps.
Hi BeagleBaby! I just found another website that one of Dr. Khouri's patient's started specifically about fat transfer to the breast. It's ***removed website address***. I just registered but I haven't played around with it yet - but it looks like it has a bunch of great information. I've determined that I have to travel for my procedure - not my first choice - but better than choosing the wrong doctor. I hope my procedure takes less time than choosing a doctor! :) Good Luck!!
I'll have to check that website out. I have read so much on fat transfer in the last few months that I feel like I should know as much about it as the ps does. It never hurts to be well informed.
I went to the ps yesterday and will be picking my Brava system on Monday January 21st . So I will be starting it soon.

I had my appointment with my ps about the Brava...

I had my appointment with my ps about the Brava and the fat transfer. I have been wearing the Brava domes for 10 days now and my surgery is scheduled for March 8th. I am up to 15 hours a night wearing the domes. I really didn't have my head wraped around the concept of how large the brava domes would be. There is no way you would want to leave your house with the domes on. Trust me a sweater or sweat shirt would make you look 10 times bigger. I have started a review on the "Fat Transfer" and will be posting pics once my review is approved. Am looking forward to this phase of my journey.

Just getting around to putting up pics of before...

Just getting around to putting up pics of before and after explant. I am also posting pics on my fat transfer journey.
So good to see someone with implants about the same age as me. Most stories are younger ladies that haven't had implants for the length of time as us. Thank you sooo much for sharing...it gives me hope and someone to compare my post explant look to. Hope you continue to heal well and wish the best for your outcome.
I still can't believe I had them in that long. I went a good 20 years before I started to have trouble with cc. To bad it took me another 10 years to decide to have them out. It's amazing how good I feel without implants. When are you scheduled for your explant?
It is so good to hear how much better you feel. I have all of the problems that the slanted studies say are not related to implants. The PS that I'm going to does believe that they are related. I live 6 hours away from where I will be having surgery. I'm calling today to schedule. So good to hear from you.

I had to change my surgery date from March 8th...

I had to change my surgery date from March 8th (hubby was stuck in Texas) and am now scheduled for March 15th, just days away. I am getting a little nervious now. I know the outcome form the fat transfer won't be the same as it looked having implants in ( thank God). The whole idea was to to correct assymmetry and maybe add a little fullness and size. I have to admit that when I take the domes off in the morning the size is amazing. I have gone form a A cup to a small D cup on the larger breast. The smaller breast started out a very very small A and is now a large C. The goal is to get the smaller breast up to a D cup so that when everything is all done I have the chance of staying a C cup. I have really gotten used to the brava boobs, so has hubby. I will take pics and post on here so everyone who is interested in fat transfer can see what can be done.
Hi Sleepless, I have 4 days to go untill fat transfer. I'm getting a little nervious now. But there's no turning back now. I hope my ps can get the breast pretty symmetrical with the fat. That was the nice thing about having implants (as you know) that your breasts were both the same size. I know everything will work out ok. I have some pics posted on my fat transfer blog that shows my brava boobs.

The next phase of my journey starts tomorrow. The...

The next phase of my journey starts tomorrow. The ps office called and I need to be there at 12:30. A little nervious, but not to bad. I will be posting some pics of the breast while doing the brava system and some after the fat transfer. Right now I am wearing the domes 24/7 untill the time of surgery.
Good luck....keep us updated!
Thank you for your well wishes. I wouldn't even be doing another procedure if the breasts were both the same size. It seems crazy at my age. I guess your only as old as you feel. At least is a procedure that will be all me and no foreign objects in my body.
If this is what you want to do then I say do it. I am debating to do a lift or not. I probably won't decide until the day before. Part of me says at 56 so what if they hang to my knees but then I think it would be more comfortable if they weren't resting on my belly. I agree the most important thing is getting the foreign objects out. Keep me posted as my thoughts will be with you.

Implants out - Fat in

It's been almost 1 1/2 years since I had my implants out and it been 7 months since I had the fat transfer to the breast. I can honestly say they were the best 2 decisions that I've made in a long time. I don't regret either of them. I look at the old pics with implants that I have posted here and I can't even remember looking like that. It's like I was looking at someone else's photos. I am still considering doing another fat transfer to the breasts just to fill out the breast that was smaller a little more. Thinking of waiting until the 1 yr mark, so that will take me to March. I still can't believe that I had implants in for all those years. I would like to think if I had to do it all over again I wouldn't get implants, but who am I kidding I probably would. But now I know all the down falls of implants and would never do it again. I am so happy with the fat transfer results, even if the breasts aren't perfect, they are all me. Did I mention how nice it is to breath without the elephants sitting on my chest.
What a DIFFERENCE!!! You go girl! Oouh! Oouh! (Sorry I couldn't help myself--I always hated that cat call or whatever it was from 1993. But it sure fit there.)......We're waiting. We're waiting. WHERE are your pictures??? Am I on the right review? Didn't you JUST get another Fat transfer? (Wouldn't it be funny if I WAS on the wrong review?)......You know you'll be up at 2:37am, wondering why you are awake. So PLEEEEEEASE post some pictures then!
so glad for your experience, and that you don't have elephants on your chest anymore. It would be great to see current pictures after you first fat transfer, and after the second. why did you and your surgeon choose to explant first and later do the fat transfer? do you think doing it at once is not a good idea?
Oh, I see. You have two separate reviews ... ahhhhh well, wow! they look really great! :))))) congratulations on your lovely results.

2 years since implants removed and fat transfer to brests

It has been a little over 2 years since my implants were removed. I don't regret having them out and not having newonce put in. That was July 2012. In march 2013 i had my 1st fat transfer to the breast done by the same ps that removed my implants. I had very good results and then i changed the way I was eating and lost 21 pound and alot of the fat from my breasts. It seems that was the 1st place i lost from. So i decided to have anothe transfer done. On July 11, 2014 I had my 2nd fat transfer to the breast. I am very please with the results. I still need upper pole fullness and extra all over fullness in the breast that sunk in after the implants were removed. I will wait untill at least the 6 month mark to make any decision on another transfer. I go back to see Dr. L on Sept 11th and i guess we will just take things from there. Just wanted to give a update on my journey from implants to all natural and add a few pics from each of the fat transfers.
Hi, I am also looking at having my implants removed with an uplift over the next 2 months. It's not an easy decision to make but I just want to be healthy and not worry if they have ruptured. Glad your all turned out fine
I agree it isn't a easy decision. Up until the time I went for my pre op appointment (2 weeks before surgery) I was planning on having the old yucky ones removed and new ones put in. I read so many blogs on real self and saw all the great results that I just decided to do it. Hubby was really glad I had them out. Wouldn't have them put back in if someone gave me a million dollars (I might think about it but that's it) Good luck on your explant, have you scheduled yet?
No not yet but I will be soon. But I want to remove them with local anesthesia only .
Altoona Plastic Surgeon

I scheduled an appointment with the ps that originally put the implants in. He didn't even want to listen when I ask him about just removing them. I had to go to his old office to pick up my records and was talking to the office manager and she mentioned Dr Louton and highly recommended him. I called and scheduled an appointment with him, and that begins my journey to being implant free.