Life Changes ... and Re-arranges Itself ... All in the Space of One Afternoon - Milton Keynes, UK

So here I am. Five months from when I had teosyal...

So here I am. Five months from when I had teosyal injected into my face. This was the third time I had filler to help restore the contour to my face. The first two occasions were with another practitioner. Then I moved house and could no longer access her services. So I went to Dr Marios Josephidou.

I contacted Peachy Health Clinic to enquire about dermal filler to improve the contour of my face. I sent pictures of the areas of concern to the doctor. Doctor Josephidou phoned me back a few days later, to tell me that he had reviewed my pictures and that Teosyal would be appropriate, but that a face-to-face consultation was best in order to make a final evaluation. I felt reassured by the non-pressured approach and the fact that he had used fillers for 6 years. I took arnica for a few days before the procedure to minimise bruising. When I saw him, he maintained that Teosyal would be the most appropriate product for the job. He described where he would inject it and felt confident that it would give me the improvement I sought. Having read of complications when used near the delicate eye area, I requested that he only inject the part of the tear trough furthest away from the eye. I was only looking for an improvement, not total removal. He agreed to this and so I agreed to go ahead. After a few passes of the needle to this area, he started to press and rub the area extremely hard with a rag. When he sensed my discomfort his response was "I need to smooth out the filler". I knew that filler had to be massaged into the skin, but the intensity and friction against my skin was something I was not prepared for. At the same time I didn't want to restrict him from completing the job. He was the expert after all and I didn't want him to feel I was doubting him. As I lay on the surgical table I felt the bone on the top of my spine click from the force of the massage, which is when I finally thought I can't stand anymore of this and recoiled from his grasp. He then handed me a mirror. My heart sank when I set eyes on the image of my eye area, bloody with flakes of skin hanging off the surface, like someone had used sandpaper on my face. I asked him what had happened, to which he replied that bruising is a side-effect of fillers and if we apply ice to it now it should resolve in the next 2 days. Well, you can draw your own conclusions. The pictures speak for themselves. It's been 5 and a half months and the change to my face is now a permanent feature. I had hoped time would heal and improve the damage but whilst the colour has improved somewhat, the contour hasn't.

I communicated my concerns to the doctor a few days after the procedure. His suggestion was to conceal this area with make-up until it healed. There was no way I could use make-up as it formed quite a thick scab over the ensuing 5 days. I looked as if I had a bullet-wound in my face. After the scab dried and fell off, I was left with what looked like a "thumbprint" under my eye. This persists to this day.

The after-care offered was an invitation to return to his clinic for an assessment and more filler to raise the area. I declined this offer.

Ouch that experience sounds so painful.  I'm sorry you had such a negative experience.  Have you considered going to a different doctor to look at your options of either having it dissolved or corrected?
Dr. Marios Josephidou

** If any members on this site can give me some ideas about how I can safely undo this damage I will be most grateful ** ** The star rating is based on final results, taking the entire experience into consideration. This practitioner gave a very slick, generous delivery pre-procedure but a negative outcome influences my overall ratings **