Erasing 2 Mistakes - Pasadena, CA

I went in for the picosure laser tattoo removal,...

I went in for the picosure laser tattoo removal, and so far the results look very promising. I have a cover up that didn't go right of a big, black, ugly tribal tattoo I got when I was 19. I want to laser both the cover up and original for possible new cover up or complete removal depending on the results. I have another very colorful half sleeve that I'm debating on fading for a cover up, but first I want to see how the treatment goes with my black and gray tattoo.

8 days post 1st tx with picosure

So all the blisters have finally gone away. Now I'm dealing with the scabs and the incredible itch. All the shading seems to be gone and a lot of the thick black lines have broken up. Hopefully I'll see more fading in the coming weeks.

3 weeks post 1st tx with the picosure

Here is my 3 week update. Most of the fading is gone and there is a lot of the breakup of the dark black lines. This is only after 1 treatment with picosure. Hopefully there will be more fading before my 2nd treatment.

4 month update

Ok, so I haven't posted in a while since I haven't gone for treatment #2 on my black and gray tattoo. I did however get my color tattoo zapped twice on my left arm and that was a lot funner (NOT!!!). I'll post pics of my color tattoo soon. For anyone interested in fading/removing greens, purples, or very bright tats, the picosure is amazing. So that's why I haven't updated in a while but here you go. After 4 months I see more and more fading. Pretty much all the shading is gone, and the thick black lines are breaking up very nicely. I do try to eat healthy, drink lots of water, and take vitamins to assist the healing process and allow my body to remove as much ink as possible.
Dr Schwartz

Fading is looking brilliant mate. Really hope mine is as good when I try Picosure soon. Keep us updated. :-)
Glad you took the time to update us, thank you :) Fading looks great!! Look forward to your others photos showing your color removal.
Hey, hows your progress coming along? It looked amazing after the first treatment
My progress is great! Sorry for the late reply. I'm going for treatment #2 in a few weeks and I'm confident I will have a lot more fading. I have to say the picosure did a great job after just the first zap. I'll post some pics up shortly.
Wow looking great, thanks for sharing! Is there a reason you waited 4 months between treatments?
Yes, I lasered my other arm twice. Its a very bright half sleeve. It blistered and swelled a lot. So not a fun process...and not anxious to go back but the results are amazing. I'll post pictures of that soon.
Wow, you have great fading after only 1 treatment!
Thanks! Yes it's fading pretty nicely. Wow your tat has come a long way also.
Looking good! The areas of shading that turned brown look to be improving too, is that the case?
Yes they are. At first it was a little frustrating, but gradually the brown is going away.
It looks like you are getting some good results. I am 10 treatments in with Q-Switch laser and looking for another option i.e.: Picosure..your pics look promising.
Thank you. Yes the picosure is a beast. There is a lot of fading and the thick black lines are breaking up pretty well. I also have been healing very well also, but I do take care of it as if it were a new tattoo. I'll post some pictures soon.
Thanks for your update, for me my black ink turned a brownish color and it eventually cleared.
About how long did it take for the brown to go away? I'm assuming it's the residue from the shading that needs to go away.
I don't know exactly to be honest, however it just seemed to go away gradually between session 8 & 6 ( I confirmed in my photos) And it was anywhere that had black ink, mostly in the shaded parts.
Hey, nice progress already! I'm interested by your shading and the fact that those areas of skin have kind of turned a light brown. This is something I've been dealing with and I'm working with my technician to try and work out if this is residual ink or a skin reaction (for example post inflammatory hyperpigmentation). Keep us posted!!
Hi there. Thank you. I am seeing that too, but since it was only last week that I had treatment I'm reserving judgement. What laser are you using for your treatments?
I've had three treatments with a Q switched YAG laser and most recently one with a Q switched Ruby laser. I'm seeing OK results, but unsure what's caused the browning effect!
Have you looked into the picosure? If available I would recommend it. It seems to be effective on stubborn areas. Yeah the browning effect is odd. I'm hoping it will fade in the coming weeks. Have you talked to a dermatologist about it? I plan to visit a Dr in a few weeks to get their take on the whole tattoo removal process.
I have looked in to it but it's very expensive over here in the UK, at least 3 times what I'm paying per session now. I'm happy to continue to the q-switched lasers for now, and will maybe look at Picosure later on down the line. I haven't seen a dermatologist yet, though I'm not sure if they could tell me a lot more than I already know now, to be honest.
Thanks for sharing your progress. I live around the same area and was wondering how much you pay per session?
I messaged you. Just depends on what you're trying to accomplish. For me I'm debating on full removal or just fading for a cover up. I will decide after the 2nd session which I have scheduled next month. If after the 2nd session there is significant fading I might go for full removal. Only draw back is that I have some scarring from the cover up, so not sure how that will look. I still love tattoos, so have no problem getting more ink. Sometimes you just want a cleaner canvas for new ink.
Received the message! Thanks so much for responding. My tattoos are similar to yours, but wrap around the arm. Your message gave me an idea of how much it'll cost so wanted to thank you again!
You're welcome. Let us know if you decide to proceed with removal.
Thanks for your review, results are looking promising! Those blisters sure are the reality - so thanks for sharing :) I look forward to following your progress - keep us posted!