Dorsal Hump Rhinoplasty W/ Grigoryants. Pasadena, CA

I have a rhinoplasty scheduled in late September...

I have a rhinoplasty scheduled in late September 2014 with Dr Vladmir Grigoryants. I'm excited and nervous. I like his work overall. A few of his post op noses are slightly too scooped and sculpted for my particular case. I want to keep the overall angle and shape of my nose, but I want to smooth out the awkward dorsal bump. I want it to be a straight line, not scooped out. I have angular features in my face so I want the nose to compliment those features. My tip is already lifted and a pretty good angle I think. I do think the nostrils show too much inside nose. Here are my pre op pics ( before surgery). I also did a app- edited picture next to my actual nose to show sorta what profile I like. The real/edited pics are the last two. Let me know what you think.

My pics

My pics

My edited nose photos

I would like my dorsal hump to be smoothed off but not scooped out. I kept the angle, tip, and columella the same. Opinions?

Model noses that I love

I think people often think of a celebrity that they would like their features to resemble, and I love the nose of Doutzen Kroes, Mona Johannesson, and Kemp Muhl but I am not sure if that type of nose would suit my face well.

Getting very excited!..and scared!

Time is just flying by and my rhinoplasty procedure is approaching rapidly. I'm so excited and nervous! I already like my nose but it needs some refinement on the dorsal hump and possibly other areas. Not sure yet. I'll ask dr G in person. I know my tip protrudes slightly, but I did not change the tip in my simulation photos and it looks okay to me.
This surgery will change my look forever and that is a scary thought. If the before is more to my liking than the after, I really have no idea how I'll react.
HOWEVER, I have confidence in Dr G.
Uhhh, I find myself obsessing over noses more than ever these days. I'm continuously looking at keyword searches such as "perfect nose, cute nose, beautiful nose, elegant nose". Im posting more noses that I really love. Here they are. Lol.

Off the subject- CT scan

My head has been hurting lately with excruciating pain so I went to the ER doctor and he ordered a CT scan for my head. During the scan, I felt my cheeks and nose tingling. Now, it is the next morning and I feel like I have the worst sunburn ever. There are no visible burns... Yet. I am panicking and reading all these threads online about people having the same result and some even died a few years after the CT scan. There is a ton of radiation. Some online articles compare the amount of radiation to Chernobyl. I really am scared about this and now I feel like there is something more important now than my nose surgery. The last few days are approaching where I can cancel the rhinoplasty and not lose money. I've waited so long for this but I feel like I have a major problem now. Has anyone else had this reaction to a CT scan? This is my first. I feel like I was in a microwave.

CT burning feeling seems to be going away

This day was very stressful for me. Luckily, the burning from the CT scan on my jawbone and nose seems to be going away slightly. What a scare that was. I think it's safe to say that I'll be proceeding with my rhinoplasty/ septoplasty surgery.

Pics of my soon-to-be old nose!

I took a few selfies of my nose before it is changed forever! It is not looking too bad here but I feel it can look better. I hope I don't ruin it. On a side note, I have a lot of fly-away hairs today. Yikes...

Side view. All I see is THE SCHNOZ!

Here's a side view pic that I really do not like.

Just to laugh. Sometimes we can be so critical about our image.

Haha

More of the old schnoz

I wonder what Dr G will be able to do to my nose. It has so many odd angles. It looks big in most of these shots, except one, where is looks extremely scooped out and turned up. These are the things that bother me. It looks a different nose every time I look at it from a different angle.

Pics

The pics didn't upload. Here they are.

Post-poned surgery date :(

Unfortunately, something really big and very expensive came up in my life. Then, a week later, something else really big and expensive came up! I had to cancel my surgery for now. (Sigh) I'm really upset that I had to make this decision. Hopefully I will be able to reschedule soon.
:,(
Los Angeles Plastic Surgeon

I have emailed back and forth with the doctor a few times. He is prompt, polite, and makes me comfortable. He doesn't push anything. I also wanted a areola reduction surgery using the purse-string technique and he said he doesn't recommend it and will not do it. He said it will scar and over time, the areola will take weird shapes. I appreciate his honesty.

Wow, so glad I found your post - I'm interested in having my rhinoplasty with Dr Grigoryants, and my ultimate nose is also Kemp Muhl's! I'm sorry you had to cancel your surgery, but it sounds like a good idea to go into it when there aren't other things in your life stressing you. Please keep us all updated, I'd love to see your results when you go through with it!
We are surgery date twins :) I'm on September 25th with Dr. Grigoryants!
Yay!
Hi Margaret ! Thankyou for your comment on my photos, i agree that our noses are a little similar :) i think your before pictures are beautiful & with a little tweaking it sounds like you are going to be so, so happy with your choice ! I am so excited to follow your story & send you nothing but good wishes & positivity even if it is all the way from the other side of the world :)
How sweet! I look forward to hearing your updates as well!
Hi there! I noticed your total cost is $8200- $300 less than what seems to be the fairly standard quoted price for Dr. G. Is this because you are doing bloodwork through another doctor? I ask because I'm thinking of booking with Dr. G., but I'm in Hawaii and would want to do bloodwork here.
Hey. Actually I meant to type 8500$. But I am doing the blood work here in Texas. I wonder if he will deduct the price of what I pay for it from his 8500$. I need to ask. Good question. You reminded me! I'll let you know what I find out.
Funny! The thigh gap photo is scary looking too.. Who would think that's cute? Eeeeeeeeee
Haha. Agreed.
I see where your insecurities lie in you nose but your nose is already a good size for your face, with Dr. G's little tweaks I know you're going to love it!
Thanks dear! Yes, I like the size, but it has a few humps and bumps that sometimes remind me of a camel's back. Lol. And I really can't wait until I can breathe through my left nostril again! That will be so awesome!!
Yes! Being able to breathe using both nostrils is great! Haha
That's really scary about the CT scan. I've been contemplating one myself as I get really bad headaches a little too often but after reading this, I'm not sure if it's a good idea. :/ I'm glad you decided to go ahead with the surgery though. I'm sure it will look great.
Yes, the CT was a scary odd feeling. I'm very excited about the surgery however!
I am so so so excited for you!!! You are going to absolutely love your new nose. Does Dr. G agree with the photos you've picked? They're lovely!
Thanks! Dr G did say that the simulated photos are achievable. I'm very excited. I really hope it looks like the simulation pics. It's what I always wanted my nose to look like. The date is approaching so soon! I'm sooo excited and freaking out too!! Ahhh!
Don't worry about the ct scan it's totally normal, I've had to have two & each time I hated the sensation I got. They say some people feel like they're peeing (weird I know) lol I felt my entire chest burning & my heart started to race I thought I would faint I mean that machine is pretty scary on its own, but i definitely continued to feel a really uncomfortable sensation after, not sure if it was due to the radiation or the contrast making its way out of my system. Either way I think your fine & it's totally normal:)
Thx dear for the reassurance! I'm feeling fine now. Phew!...That weirded me out though!
Your simulated nose is very beautiful. And yes it looks similar to mine. Good luck.
Hi, my surgery is scheduled for September 16th!! I'm excited and nervous!!
It's so close! Can't wait to hear more! :)
Cannot wait to see your results beautiful
Thx doll!
Welcome I love how I can look at your pics & be like omg this is exactly how I want this part !
You are very pretty too, since I am currently going to therapy and my therapist specially told me to say something when I am upset, here it goes... Objectively the distance between my top lip and nose tip is VERY small when I am not smiling, any surgeon would agree with this (I have already asked docs on realself) and refine my tip and lift my tip for more nostril show, since tip dropps a lot with age + I had more piggy look to my nose when I was younger about the age of 13-16. If my bridge was the only concern I could choose the cheapest surgeon out there, the most important thing of a nose is not the bridge - it is the tip shape + angle (obviously if one has a hump that is much larger than what I have then it is disupting the view). Also function of the nose (breathing better) + better looking nose doesn´t always go hand in hand. Sophie Turner is an excellent example of a girl that is extremely beautiful with a slight hump on her bridge but her nosetip is refined, so no nosejob is necessary. I also think that you are being a hypocrite for telling me that I don´t suit in a nordic nose when you are requesting the same nose yourself, it is highly offensive. I believe most people would agree with me. I actually live in Scandinavia and I don´t think I am as goodlooking as scandinavian girls here, so I don´t think you can relate to have an ethnic appearance or feel the way I have felt about my nose. Yes, I know I am goodlooking but I deserve to look better too. If you had my current nose you would certainly not be happy with just smoothing out the tip, I can almost bet all my money on that. Thanks and goodluck.