Dorsal Hump Rhinoplasty W/ Grigoryants. Pasadena, CA

I have a rhinoplasty scheduled in late September...

I have a rhinoplasty scheduled in late September 2014 with Dr Vladmir Grigoryants. I'm excited and nervous. I like his work overall. A few of his post op noses are slightly too scooped and sculpted for my particular case. I want to keep the overall angle and shape of my nose, but I want to smooth out the awkward dorsal bump. I want it to be a straight line, not scooped out. I have angular features in my face so I want the nose to compliment those features. My tip is already lifted and a pretty good angle I think. I do think the nostrils show too much inside nose. Here are my pre op pics ( before surgery). I also did a app- edited picture next to my actual nose to show sorta what profile I like. The real/edited pics are the last two. Let me know what you think.

My pics

My pics

My edited nose photos

I would like my dorsal hump to be smoothed off but not scooped out. I kept the angle, tip, and columella the same. Opinions?

Model noses that I love

I think people often think of a celebrity that they would like their features to resemble, and I love the nose of Doutzen Kroes, Mona Johannesson, and Kemp Muhl but I am not sure if that type of nose would suit my face well.

Getting very excited!..and scared!

Time is just flying by and my rhinoplasty procedure is approaching rapidly. I'm so excited and nervous! I already like my nose but it needs some refinement on the dorsal hump and possibly other areas. Not sure yet. I'll ask dr G in person. I know my tip protrudes slightly, but I did not change the tip in my simulation photos and it looks okay to me.
This surgery will change my look forever and that is a scary thought. If the before is more to my liking than the after, I really have no idea how I'll react.
HOWEVER, I have confidence in Dr G.
Uhhh, I find myself obsessing over noses more than ever these days. I'm continuously looking at keyword searches such as "perfect nose, cute nose, beautiful nose, elegant nose". Im posting more noses that I really love. Here they are. Lol.
Los Angeles Plastic Surgeon

I have emailed back and forth with the doctor a few times. He is prompt, polite, and makes me comfortable. He doesn't push anything. I also wanted a areola reduction surgery using the purse-string technique and he said he doesn't recommend it and will not do it. He said it will scar and over time, the areola will take weird shapes. I appreciate his honesty.

Hi, my surgery is scheduled for September 16th!! I'm excited and nervous!!
It's so close! Can't wait to hear more! :)
Cannot wait to see your results beautiful
Thx doll!
You are very pretty too, since I am currently going to therapy and my therapist specially told me to say something when I am upset, here it goes... Objectively the distance between my top lip and nose tip is VERY small when I am not smiling, any surgeon would agree with this (I have already asked docs on realself) and refine my tip and lift my tip for more nostril show, since tip dropps a lot with age + I had more piggy look to my nose when I was younger about the age of 13-16. If my bridge was the only concern I could choose the cheapest surgeon out there, the most important thing of a nose is not the bridge - it is the tip shape + angle (obviously if one has a hump that is much larger than what I have then it is disupting the view). Also function of the nose (breathing better) + better looking nose doesn´t always go hand in hand. Sophie Turner is an excellent example of a girl that is extremely beautiful with a slight hump on her bridge but her nosetip is refined, so no nosejob is necessary. I also think that you are being a hypocrite for telling me that I don´t suit in a nordic nose when you are requesting the same nose yourself, it is highly offensive. I believe most people would agree with me. I actually live in Scandinavia and I don´t think I am as goodlooking as scandinavian girls here, so I don´t think you can relate to have an ethnic appearance or feel the way I have felt about my nose. Yes, I know I am goodlooking but I deserve to look better too. If you had my current nose you would certainly not be happy with just smoothing out the tip, I can almost bet all my money on that. Thanks and goodluck.
smoothing out the bridge*
No offense meant. I was actually complimenting your natural look... Anyway... Good luck to you, too. Sheesh.
I'm sure you'll be very pleased with your results. If I did't have rhinoplasty yet I would have chosen Dr. G!
I agree. He is very skilled and has a good eye when it comes to faux-natural beauty. Lol.
Agreed, he is the best. I am 3.5 months post op and to be quite honest, there is nobody else whom I would have gone to (and I did TONS of research and flew all over the country going to consults)... I love my nose and I love that he does closed rhinos -- so much better.
Your nose is already so cute! I think that once you get your hump removed you will seriously have the most perfect nose in the world. All of those ladies were my inspo butttt my nose was too big to even make it that small ha :p As far as obsessing over noses, I'm 3 months out and I still look up "perfect noses" all of the time so I'm right there with ya! I wish you the best of luck my dear! Keep us posted :)
What a nice compliment! You're too sweet. Yes, i never thought noses could be so highly addictive! Lol.
I've read a lot of great things about your surgeon so I'm sure you will be very happy with his work. :) can't wait to read all about your updates! September will be here before you know it.
Your nose is actually cute and small! I think all you need is to get that hump shaved off!! Good luck i'm sure you're gonna look great!
Thank you for the compliment! I agree. I've decided that I just want slight refining by removing the dorsal hump.
You'll look even more beautiful, good luck!
Thank you. Best of luck for yours too. You'll be super gorgeous.
I like the simulation of your nose. Looks perfect on your face. All the best.
Thank you!
I have to say that I think your nose right now is pretty great. Oddly, now that I've had my dorsal hump removed, I admire a small hump on others. I agree that if you have this done to keep it straight and not scooped. Make sure you and your surgeon are on the same page with this.

Good luck and please keep us posted!
Thank you for your support and advice. I will definitely keep everyone posted. :)
Good luck with your surgery. I don't see your photos. Looking forward to reading your updates.
An attentive doctor should be able to comply with your desires regarding the dorsal hump. Overall, nasal surgeons want a natural, non-surgical look as their results. Unfortunately, I cannot see your pre-op pictures, but what may help is a computer image session where the nasl shape can be altered on the computer, and you can pick the shape you like best. At those sessions, an experienced rhinoplastic surgeon will be able to tell if you have unrealistic expectations, or if he can satisfy your wishes.