Surgery, check. Boobs, check check!!!

I am so excited about joining this amazing site...

I am so excited about joining this amazing site and reading more about all of your stories. I have been reading non-stop for about a week and I cannot stop it! I feel like I have a crazy obsession with boobies! My boyfriend pointed out that while he is watching sports, I'm watching boobs! haha!

I have been thinking of getting a breast augmentation since high school but have been much more serious about it for the last year. I have always been a chubby bunny but lost about 45 pounds in the last 18 months, and of course my boobs went with the weight. Though I still have about 15-20 pounds that I'd like to lose, I have decided that it is time for me to just get it done. I thankfully have a flexible work schedule and a boss that is fine with me taking time off. I will be taking about a week off to recover, and am hoping that will be enough time.

A little bit of info about me: 5'4", 145 lbs, currently wearing a 36B, but I should really be wearing a 36 A. :( My goal is to be a large C/ small D. I have tried on sizers and have done 3D imaging... I'm still uncertain of the CCs and whether or not I will get high profile implants, but I know for sure I will be getting saline with inframammary incisions.

I have a few great friends and patients who have openly discussed their augmentation process and all have been extremely happy with their results. I cannot wait to be on the other side!

I have scheduled my surgery for May 22nd and cannot wait for it to happen! I made my deposit last Thursday and it is now becoming a reality! Will post pics soon!

I am so excited about hearing from some of you as the day gets closer and will definitely be reading your posts as well! Thank you to all who have posted! You have all been great inspirations to me!

Thank you for sharing your story on RealSelf. This site is truly addicting!  :)  I always tell members that I'm happy when I hear they have consulted with more than on doctor. I think sometimes it can really make a difference. A week off from work should be perfect and it's nice you have a flexible boss.  Will your bf help you during your recovery? Looking forward to your photos!

My bf is absolutely going to help me out! I feel most comfortable with him so he's going to be with me the whole time unless he is at work. My sister will be helping me as well, if I need it. Will post pics soon!
Good luck, I was quite happy with my results. Your doctor will suggest the best size and remember you might be a bit bigger at first from the swelling. Let us know how it goes :)

Hi everyone! Hope you are all doing well! I just...

Hi everyone! Hope you are all doing well! I just realized my BA is in a little over 5 weeks and I could not be more excited! I just had a wisdom tooth taken out yesterday and I wasn't even thinking about any of the pain because I'm too excited about having boobs! I am quite swollen but I'm sure it'll go down soon so I won't look like a chipmunk any longer.

Even though I have already chosen my surgeon, I went to another consultation with a female surgeon yesterday to see what her opinion was. She was really sweet but a little more conservative about size. I don't mind conservative but she kind of gave me the impression that she would make the final decision. This made me realize that I chose the right surgeon for me.

Since all I think about it getting boobs, I'm not so much concerned with the recovery since I have seen so many of you ladies go through it. I am concerned with right before. I'm worried about seeing the operating room for some reason. I do not want to see any tools!!!! Everyone says you don't remember anything but I get symptoms of passing out when I get blood taken. I'm not much of a drama queen since I'm not scared when I get blood taken... I just feel like my body takes over. Any suggestions on how to calm my nerves? I know it's normal but I also know I can't have a cocktail right before surgery! hahaha Thank you all!
It's so normal for all those thoughts in your head. I go back and forth all the time! I love this site for the reassurance ladies give you. Keep posting! :)
Hey don't worry about before. I was nervous too, but usually they give you something to relax, and I got wrapped in a warm blanket. When they brought me to the OR everything went very fast so you really don't have time to think. Good luck!

Hi everyone! I went in for my pre-op appt and left...

Hi everyone! I went in for my pre-op appt and left feeling super excited but also a little confused. I tried on a 460CC, 485CC, and a 510CC. I decided to go with the 485CC but a part of me thinks I should go bigger.
I want to be able to run after my procedure (of course, when I'm allowed to) so I feel that it would be smart for me not to go too large. It is my first surgery (EVER) so I'm thinking I should stick with the medium size for now and switch to the larger size after I have kids. Do any of you have any thoughts on this?

Thanks everyone! I can't believe i'll have them in 2 weeks!
Try not to be too nervous! Just keep thinking about how happy you're going to be with your new boobies. I just had my wisdom teeth out last week! Sucks doesn't it? As far as size goes... you know what you want more than I do... but I am a runner as well and I would choose to go smaller (so the medium size) just so running isn't uncomfortable. I don't want the girls gettin' in the way! Running is very therapeutic for me and an important part of my life so I wouldn't want to be unable to do it comfortably.

Hi everyone! So now that I am exactly a week...

Hi everyone!
So now that I am exactly a week away, I am getting more excited by the minute. I had my bloodwork done yesterday so I'm anxious for the results to come in. I'm sure everything will be just fine but I really want to make sure everything is good to go. All I can think about is boobs and how nervous I will be the morning of. I feel that I'll be really excited up until right before I get to the surgical center. I, for some odd reason, get symptoms of passing out whenever I have to get blood drawn or even when I see my gynecologist for my check-ups. I don't know what is wrong with me but I sure hope I don't pass out before surgery! I think I'll be ok since my boyfriend will be with me.
I still don't have support from my mom but I know she has just kind of accepted it. She thinks I'm making a big mistake but I want to enjoy my body since I have worked so hard to drop weight. I've never been excited to wear a bathing suit but I can't wait for this summer! I still have about 15 pounds to drop but my PS told me to wait until after the BA is done. He doesn't want me on so many supplements prior to surgery. How long did any of you have to wait until you could start taking supplements again? (multi-vitamins, other vitamins, homeopathic remedies, etc.)
I was really looking forward to buying new bras and new tops but my PS office told me I don't need to worry about getting any bras for at least a few weeks. EEEK! I can't wait!
I've been working out and trying to eat clean so I'm hoping to drop a couple pounds or at least feel better. Working out always makes me feel great so not being able to do so will be a little tough for me. How long did it take before you guys could walk or do leg and core workouts? I probably should have asked my PS. Another PS that I had a consultation with said 3 weeks.

Thanks for all of your help with this journey! I love reading all of your stories and updates. I will be posting more pics soon! Those have been so helpful

I have boobs now!

Hello everyone! Just wanted to say that i am done with surgery and doing well. I am going to focus on recovering for today so I'll post more in detail tomorrow.
Hope everyone is having a great recovery!
The pain is definitely not as bad as I was thinking... I'm in some but not much.
Hope your surgery went well :) upload new pics?
My surgery went better than expected! I can't say it was the easiest thing I have ever done but being that I have never gone under the knife, it wasn't as bad as what I was anticipating. You look amazing, btw!

Day 2

So surgery yesterday went really well! My PS was very pleased with the outcome and was so awesome to call me at night to check up on me.

So since I was a little too tired to update yesterday, here are some details for you ladies. My boyfriend and I got to the surgery center at 5:45am. (Boy, was I tired!) I was starting to get nervous after I paid the remaining balance. A nurse called me to the back to go into the pre-op room. She had me change into my gown, took my blood pressure, other vitals and asked me a series of questions. Next was the IV. That honestly was the worst part and it wasn't even that bad! A few minutes later, my PS came in. After I saw him, I felt so relieved and ready to go. He really knew how to make me feel better and confident that all would be ok. The nurse that was going to be in the operating room came to greet me and she was super sweet and comforting. The anesthesiologist came in after and gave me "a margarita but no hangover" in my IV. I began to feel a little more relaxed and then they wheeled me into the OR. I was nervous about seeing the OR for some reason but the worst part was that it was cold! They gave me a warm blanket, oxygen to breathe in, and I heard them talking for a little bit. After a minute or two, I was out!

About an hour later, I woke up as they were wheeling me back in to the recovery room. I fell back asleep for a few minutes but I immediately asked the nurse if my boyfriend could come into the back. We left about 15 minutes later. It was nice to be home but I noticed how sore my throat had become. It is still more sore than my boobs!

I didn't have much of an appetite but I did eat quite a few saltines and pretzels when taking my vicodin. I did not want to get nauseated with that!

The only complaint that I have for today is that my back is really sore. My boyfriend rubbed my shoulders for a bit and that has helped. Other than that, I have been drinking a lot of water. It feels so good to have that much but the trips to the bathroom are little difficult only because it takes a while to pull my pants up. haha my boyfriend has been great about that. :)

Hope everyone is healing well! I can't wait until I'm a few more weeks away!
By the way, when have people started to lay flat on their backs? I'm still sleeping on an incline. My PS didn't tell me to but I know a lot of you have been sleeping that way.

Thanks!
Congrats ! on your surgey chica...Hope your healing and resting nicely. Keep up on your meds , and try to relax. Im one day post op . today is a little better than yesterday for sure.
Thanks so much. You are looking great! My healing is going well but I'm back at work so I wish I could still be resting! Thanks for the advice.. meds were definitely needed for the first couple days but was happy to get off them.

Shooting pain and constipation.

I know it's probably normal but when the vicodin starts to wear off, I get these constant shooting pains in my right nipple. Only the right boob is giving me pain. So strange.

Also, I have been drinking water like a maniac and taking a constipation relief supplement. It doesn't seem to be working at all. I took another pill tonight so I hope to use the restroom tomorrow. I know this is TMI but I know other ladies have had issues as well. Any suggestions? I am so beyond bloated!
Congrats! Don't worry, things will improve. Unfortunately when you have anethestic, your organs (especially the bowels, tend to go to sleep too and it's very hard to wake them up!, lol) Try prunes (older people always eat them if they have an issue). Fruits - oranges, prunes, dates, plums, grapes, salads and other veggies. I used Senekot (mild laxative). Good Luck!

Things are looking great!

I FINALLY got to go to the bathroom today! I tried 3 different constipation relief supplements and prune juice but the only thing that really seemed to help was stopping my vicodin. I switched to tylenol with codeine for a night and that was ok. Thank, GOD! I have to say that was the worst part about recovery. I'm hoping my stomach will now go back down. It's really weird how that made my self confidence go down. Ugh.

As for the boobs.. they look a little funny but I'm happy that I at least have more cleavage now. I can't wait to see how they are going to change. My wonderful boyfriend took me to WalMart and we picked out a few bras. Only 2 fit me, but that is plenty for now. The bandage the doctor had wrapped around me needed to be thrown out. It feels so nice to shower and I can do it on my own!

Even though it hasn't been a full week yet, I'm feeling like my right side is definitely healing slower than the left. I have a little area that is still numb on the right and it is more sore toward my sternum. The left side seems to have full feeling and there is no pain whatsoever. I'm hoping this is normal. I'm starting be able to move my right arm a little more but I also don't want to force something that is not ready.

I will try to post more pictures today or tomorrow.
Hope everyone is recovering well and not having any complications! :)

Happy Memorial Day!

photos day 6

You're looking great :) congrats , good to hear you're recovering nicely. I know the bloating sucks, I feel fat and hate I can't do anything about it besides control my eating. It will get better, I finally was able to get ready myself, do my hair and makeup (somewhat lol) and it made a world of a difference how I felt. PLUS all the meds kinda screw with you, you get all emotional and stuff. Sucks. I'm glad I'm off them and doing better.
Hey calibabe23! I was reading your posts the other day and you look amazing! I love your size! I am glad to be off the meds too! I can't wait to be able to do my hair and makeup again. I hope to control my food intake to make sure I don't gain much weight. I haven't stepped on the scale but my bloating has gone down. I think I have a little bit more to go but I'm really looking forward to being normal.
Thank You :) I think we all look forward to being normal again lol I'm definitely not 100% but I'm getting there :) I can finally move my arms around alooooot more than before and some discomfort has gone downxoxo hope all is well

Feeling great...

Hope everybody is healing well. I am 11 days post op and feeling almost normal! I still can't lift heavy stuff and I don't have full rotation with my arms yet but much more than I did a week ago. It is so nice to be able to take a shower on my own. :)

I work for a doctor that uses laser therapy.... She put a few of the lasers on areas that I was having pain and soreness and it is gone! I think I probably would have felt better soon anyway but I think the lasers sped that up. At my last PO appt, my PS gave me a strap to wear. The first two days were a little annoying but it kind of becomes a part of you and is less bothersome. I definitely have noticed both sides have dropped a bit with the strap. He also instructed me to massage them... I haven't been too good about that. For some reason it seems a little scary.

I'm posting some pictures that I had from a few days ago. It's fun to see the changes!
Omg, I was uncomfortable with massaging mine at first too. It js felt weird to me. Give it a little time it feels really good when I massage it now. It takes off a lot of pressure. It'll get better :) you look great btw!
            linds87 once your boobs drop your going to have some major cleavage! looking good!

:D

I am so happy with my results. I was feeling a tiny bit of boobie greed but snapped out of it because I realized how different they have become. I tried on all my old bras for the first time today and was more than thrilled to realize that I could never wear them again. I can't wait to try on some of my dresses and clothes. I put on some of my lingerie that I have had for a while and all I could do was smile. It was so nice to finally fill them out. (It also made me realize that I could definitely afford to lose some weight but I will be working on that)

There are really only a few things to update: My nipples are very sensitive right now. They are even peeling. I hate wearing a seat belt and often times find myself holding the seat belt out in front of me. My incision was in the crease of my breasts so I'm not exactly sure why my nipples are sensitive but I'm hoping it doesn't last much longer. Any experiences with this too?
Another this is that I'm still numb from the base of my nipples to the incision placement. I'm assuming it's because the nerves had to be cut there but I'm also hoping that feeling comes back. It's really a strange feeling.

So overall, I'm feeling back to normal. For the first time this week my implants felt like they were a part of me. I'm really looking forward to them dropping a bit more and I hope they really do "fluff" a little, as many of you say.

Another side note: My best friend is have her BA on Thursday. I could not be more thrilled for her. We both have talked about BAs for a few years now and I'm so glad we will be doing this together. I'm also very happy that I will be able to guide her through this process and tell her what to expect since I just went through it. We are going to plan a trip to Vegas later this summer since we've done this. It's so bad, I know, but what better place to celebrate than Vegas?!

Hope everyone is recovering well and not having any complications!!!

almost 4 weeks

Hi everyone! Hope you all have been doing well. I have been feeling happier by the day with the way my boobs are healing. Even though my surgery was a few weeks ago, it really feels like it was so long ago. You kind of forget any pain or discomfort you were in.
I tried on all my bras about a week ago and it felt great to get rid of all of them! I went through my closet and tried on my clothes 2 nights ago. I was so pleased to get rid of a few shirts due to my boobs being enlarged. There were a few tops I got rid of simply because I never wear them but I LOVED trying some of my clothes and actually filling them out! I cannot wait to go shop again.

Back to the boobs... I haven't had any real pain or discomfort in the last week. They are really feeling like they are a part of me. The only time I feel any discomfort is if I try to lay on my side. The bottom part of my boobs feel as if they've been sunburned. I know it's just the stretching of skin. Has anyone had any issues with stretch marks? Let me know if you have and what I can use to prevent them. My nipples are slightly sensitive still when I have bras or tops that are rubbing closely against them. I am ready for that sensitivity to go down!

I met with my best friend and she has had a great recovery. I'm so happy for you and happy for everyone getting a BA done in the near future. I am so excited about my results and can't wait for others to be excited.

Hope y'all are doing well!

Loving the boobs!

I'm loving my boobs more and more everyday! They are a part of me now. I can sleep on both sides without any discomfort. The massages are MUCH better and they actually feel kind of good now. I have noticed many air bubbles but I'm hoping and thinking it is normal.

Does anyone have stretch marks from these ladies? If so, is there a cream that you can recommend? I think I may be getting faint ones underneath.

Hope everyone is doing well!

8 weeks post-op

Hi everyone! Hope everyone who is recovering is doing well and prospective BA patients are finding all the answers they need. I am still loving my new additions. Here are a few pictures of how they have been doing for the last 2 months.
Sun burn feeling is slightly still there but I am very comfortable with them!

I still love seeing everyone's progress so thank you to those who have been sharing.
Los Angeles Plastic Surgeon

I immediately felt comfortable with Dr. Ruhge and Maria. They were really great at making me feel that I was in the right place and encouraged me to meet other doctors as well. He was the first one I met with and out of 4 other PS, I knew this was the place for me to go to. I cannot wait to see my results!