Worth it, take your time finding a caring experienced doctor

I got my augmentation in '01. I was really...

I got my augmentation in '01. I was really young and didn't research doctors, I just rushed into it. Was a small B, was 5'4", 130 lbs.

I got 420cc's saline overs per my Dr's advice. Breasts were not symmetrical and was having some dull pains by incision on right side and could feel something like a corner of the implant there. Complained for months, dr blew it off for a while then finally agreed to redo them.

one year later, I was on the operating table again. They were replaced and I was a bit happier, as time went by, rippling appeared (should have gone under!!) and with recent weight loss, I am down to just skin over the implant. I am getting them redone next month (long overdue) to silicone, and under.

They were great the first few yrs but the last few yrs I have just been hiding them and now wear padded bras to replace the volume I had when I had a fatter ass. Anyways, definetly go bigger than smaller if your unsure and go under.

Also, do lots of research on your dr and everything else to do with augmentations so you know what to expect and you are well informed about your options. Years later when I read my operating notes, I felt so dumb, not knowing what the dr actually did (one side is a 420cc overfilled to 450cc, other is a 420-450cc implant..?). He also falsely wrote that I had leaking which I didn't.

They were different sizes and one of the pockets looked square at the top! I think over the muscle was standard for this dr. I know a girl that went to him-he put hers over and she had breastfed 3 kids!! Needless to say, she has severe rippling.

Had a revision 6 days ago-got rid of those little...

Had a revision 6 days ago-got rid of those little hockey puck size implants and upgraded to 700cc hp saline overfilled to 800cc. I love them and wished I were a tad bigger, like maybe 875ish:) My cleavage is great, you could fit a baseball between the other ones. My new ones are about a finger's width apart-perfect! I was a small c before. Yesterday I was sized at 34ddd/f at Frederick's. Sounds obscenely huge -I swear they aren't! Fake boobs need big bras bc they don't squish down and fill into the bra like real boobs.
Ohio Plastic Surgeon

Do not feel he carefully evaluates patients and considers each case seperately and thoroughly.

I have the same measures as you weight/height, but I look way fatter than you. Guess you have built a lot of muscle... So just looking at that is really motivational. However, it was your augmentation that I wanted to compliment to begin with; you look great!
Thanks so much! That is so nice of u to say. But that weight is from yrs ago...the pics u see above are about 117-118 lbs. so try not to be so hard on yourself, I'm sure u look great. Everyone has different frames/builds. My ribcage is petite too.
They looked great. How are they today?
Good, the recovery was easy because I am over the muscle so I didn't have the extra after care like massaging and waiting for them to drop but they seem like they went down a lot, I liked when they were a little more swollen looking, the edges had a softer definition so maybe going under the muscle would be a good choice for me next time.
Hi do you have Hp or mods? I just got 800cc Hp gels about 5 days ago. I just love them. You have alt of upper pole fullnest nice result!
Thanks, I have 700 hp filled to 850.
Damn, girl! Look at you!! You look amazing!! I want to get breast augmentation - I NEVER thought I would say that, as I was always a FULL D cup being 5'8" and 135lbs (and worked out constantly). Then I was hit by wave after wave of suuuper-stressful situations and I dropped SO. MUCH. WEIGHT. Like, I am skeletal now - pretty gross. AND I can't even fill a C cup anymore. Needless to say, there's quite a bit of "perkiness" lost. Bleh - I like to compare them to wind socks on a day without much of a breeze. Haha. My husband disagrees, but I think he's just being a good husband :P Anyway, I hope that wasn't too much information! I just love, love, love the way yours turned out!! Motivates me more! I just need to start saving... The procedure is so expensive! Any tips you could suggest?
Thanks!  It is expensive but worth it if you find the right doctor.  At 5'8 135 that was pretty slender-how much do you weigh now?  You have to consider proportion as well when you think about sizing.  You may want to get a lift as well to get the optimal results from an augmentation.  Have you tried to gain back some healthy weight?  That would help I think whether you get implants or not.
Oh, thank you for taking your time to comment back, which Doc did you use in Az? I am so nervous Lol
I am seriously considering Dr.Ulvi, have you had any problems with the implants done by him?

My originals were done by him.  I did have problems with them and he had to redo them a year later.  This was 10 years ago and not sure how his expertise is now-when I had it done, I knew nothing about plastic surgery and what "good or bad" was.  I wish I had done more research and been more patient.  I was very young and he was cheaper than most.  I did not see any pics of his patients but knew 2 others that had theirs done and they had same issues with massive rippling and sagging.  I had problems with pocket shape and also an implant irregularity pushing against my incision uncomfortably.  It took many visits of near tears for him to listen to me when I told him I knew something was wrong repeatedly.  My incision was perfectly placed in my fold though and my scars healed great though.  Not sure what to tell you bc hopefully he is a better communicator now and can't say if he is a good recommendation or not, it's been so long since he treated me.

Keep in mind with the above pics, only the 2 showing the smaller size implants are my originals that he did.  My revision was done in AZ.
They look amazing! I am in Toronto and want to get the name & number of your doctor as he did such a great job!!! I want to get 700cc saline
well they really suit your frame. I can't imagine a different boob on you
Lol. That's a great compliment, it is a unique one that I haven't heard before.
The size is absolutely perfect on you. I really like the way it came out.
Thanks! I have more of done look instead of a natural look like yours but I don't mind it since I'm still young. I'm sure I'll want to go more natural looking when it is time for a revision. I wanted them big and perky!
Scottsdale- the second time you got your breast done it was with silicone correct?
I am having so much trouble choosing between silicone or saline, please any adv??
Initially I did want silicone for my revision,-due to some complications with the doctor not following my instructions though, I had them replaced with saline again very soon after. Silicone is good if you go under the muscle. But I prefer Saline because you can overfill the bag to prevent rippling which is a common issue for small breasted and or women with little breast tissue to cover the bag. Some people rave about how they feel different and yes, silicone has a little bit of a softer fleshlike feel to it, but my overfilled saline feel fine-they are not rock hard or anything like people imagine theh would be. I will likely go with overfilled saline again the next time I have a revision. It gives the doctor a way also to "balance" out any major assymmetries whereas with the silicone, that isn't an option since they are prefilled. Also, you should remember that with silicone, annual MRI's are recommended afterwards.
S
Thanks for the note back. Yes there is a lot more involved with the unders... and if i wasn't 46 I would have considered going overs again... but my PS suggested that with my age and tissue stretching and the rippling I experienced with my weight loss, unders would serve me better. Unfortunately my PS is a 1000 miles away! I used my original PS as i was very comfortable with him from my first surgery. so I am unable to do anything other than phone support and photos. He is not panicked yet, but like most Doctors, he won't give me a complete thumbs up and relief my concerns as he doesn't really know how things will turn out. He says time, patience and that things SHOULD be fine. But he can't predict exactly how things will turn out because there are so many variables. At any rate, I really do appreciate your good wishes and will drop you a note down the road and let you know how things turned out. In the meantime, I will say again how GREAT your gals look and just hope that in the end mine will be presentable LOL!! take care and have a great day/week :) chett
Chett, I can understand your worries especially bc your doctor is so far away and you don't have the comfort of being able to see him when you have an issue. That's funny, I always wondered how often women go to their original aug dr. since I have heard of some women going 15-20 years between revisions and I am sure he wouldv'e likely retired by then. I am 30 and had your similar complaints with my previous implants, really bad rippling too but was mostly resolved by obviously increasing my volume and also overfilling the implants. Maybe you could have one of your local surgeons give you a consult and give you their opinion on how you are progressing. It may put your mind at ease! Keep me posted, I hope everything turns out how you wanted. Thanks again, I am sure yours will turn out lovely!

You look great! Thanks for updating!

Thanks! I have more pics on my breast revision review for anyone interested in seeing the post op progression pics.
Hi Scottsdale!
Thank u for the share...all I can say about your new girls... Is that they are gorgeous... I am having some doubts... Our stories are very similar... I had Overs...saline... 18 years ago 450's ... Replaced with mentor cohesive...unders 600's... But MINE look NOTHING like yours! I had mine done Oct 21 2011... So I am only three weeks post op. But I have a terrible case of franken-boob. :( it looks like my surgeon put a loaf of bread under my chest... Squarish at the top.. Empty at the bottom, and from the side profile... Wow... I have felt like I had a breast 'removal' surgery rather than an augmentation... Everyone says time and patience...but having these where I once had beautiful round...large saline implants is disheartening. like u I had a large weight loss.. 5'4 and I was 140lbs and dropped to 113 lbs. (I went into completive figures comeptition) So I after years of great boobs had tons of rippling and that's when I decided to get them redone. So sorry to ramble..just wanted to say yours look fantastic and I was wondering how long they took to drop into place and begin to get a round protrusion from a side profile? I have posted photos here ...with a Questions to the Dr's but my pics nor my questions has appeared yet. Thanks again for sharing and I can only pray I end up with similar results :)
Aw, thanks! First of all, don't stress about your implants yet. You went under the muscle so you have a different healing journey to go through than what I did. When you go under, the shape is going to be different than when you had them over, bc now you have your pec muscle over them. So you will have to wait a while for them to drop. There are different things you have to deal with like massaging and stuff I think. Mine are still over so the healing was pretty easy, they had a round shape from the beginning bc I don't have anything over the implant except minimal breast tissue and skin. Under the muscle usually looks more natural but I like my round shape bc it makes them look bigger than they are. You can see my pics on my revision review, they were pretty much the same shape from the start but they did go down in volume from the swelling and what little dropping they had to do. I know you don't want to hear it but your situation does take time for the results to be more final. Mine are high profile too so that helps to get the look I was trying to achieve. Don't worry, I am sure you are exactly how you are supposed to look at your stage of healing. What does your doctor say? If you have any other questions feel free to ask:)