Lift and Implants.. At 46 Years Old Its About Time - Park Ridge, IL

I had pretty decent breasts my whoever young line....

I had pretty decent breasts my whoever young line. After giving birth to an breast deeded both children, now aged 20 and 17, my breasts looked like deflated balloons. In a good bra, they still looked pretty good at a 34C, so some of my thought I was crazy for undergoing the surgery. But as a divorced woman, the thought of taking off my bra with someone new was devastating.
I opted for the full lift, and since I still had a decent amount of breast tissue, I had the 234cc silicone implants. I wanted a little more volume and cleavage, but didn't want a dramatic change in size.
At only 5 days out, the swollen and misshapen breasts do not show my true results yet - I PRAY!! But I'll post some pics along the way so maybe I can help someone who is questioning the procedure for the self.

Feeling great

Day 6 postoperative. Full mobility of arms, but breasts still feel heavy. That will take time to adjust. I'm thrilled with the fact that I have cleavage, and the pain is really gone.
I've heard people mention "zingers" and I'm wondering what that is.
I'll post pics soon to show how scars are healing.

I'm trying not to look at myself naked yet!

I love the way my new breasts after lift and implants look in clothing, but with the stitches still in place and the fact that they haven't settled in yet, I'm not looking too closely. I had a tummy tuck about 12 years ago, and I remember feeling like I was butchered right after the surgery! However, even though the scar is still visible (yet completely faded) I still feel that the tummy tuck was the BEST decision ever and I wouldn't change it for anything. Hopefully, I will feel the same way about this surgery.

3.5 weeks post op

Feeling almost normal... still muscle weakness and loss of strength. Simplest things like opening and closing my house windows is still difficult. Has anyone else had this?
I'm happy with my results, but still waiting for things to look more natural. My breasts are still fairly firm, which is nice but feels fake. Guess that is to be expected.
Chicago Plastic Surgeon

Awesome doctor and staff with phenomenal bedside manner. Thoroughly explained procedure and understood my desire to keep a natural look.

Beautiful results! Your scars are almost gone and the shape is already beautiful! Did the same PS do your TT?
I love the way yours look. Very natural already. Sometimes I wish I would have gone smaller CCS...buy hopefully as they settle they look and feel more natural. Good healing vibes your way.
you look great!
What wonderful results. I really love the ways yours look. Hoping just a lift will give me something close to yours.
Thank you! Still have some healing to do, but surprised by how good the scars look already! I was so against the lift initially, but am so happy to have the 'girls' back up where they belong. :) Depends how much breast tissue you have to begin with I suppose. I bet you'll be thrilled with your results.
We looked pretty similar before surgery and I had the sane 'Frankenstein' boobs after surgery.. BUT I'm soooooooo happy with my results and I'm can almost guarantee you will be too. Just remember to look at the overall picture. Your boobs are perky, full, round and already better than before :) stitches are only temporary and soon you'll have amazing boobs that you'll loove!!
Your comments were so incredibly helpful to me. I went in for my checkup and my doctor said most people have much more wrinkling initially after the procedure around the areolas - in fact he said many look almost like pleats, but they always smooth out. He said mine look fantastic and the scarring should be minimal. Thank you again for the boost I really needed. Changing my dressings every day was traumatic, but now I'm a bit more accepting. And I LOVE having cleavage for the first time since I was in my early 20s!
You look great!!!
Thanks so much!!
Thank you so much! I was looking for someone who has my breast type to see what my results might be. You look fabulous even just a short time out! You look awesome!
Thanks... I did the same thing... Searched for people with similar shape to me pre-surgery. We don't get to see bodies like ours in the movies right? :)

Congratulations! You look great! Be sure to thank your daughter for the pre op photo. :) Your before and after photos are truly amazing!

My daughter is 17. I had a long talk with her about body image because I was afraid of how she would view plastic surgery. Funny thing is she's been telling me for the past year or so how droopy I was and that I should consider surgery. She knows that I'm health conscious and workout regularly - not to excess, just to remain in good shape. She was my biggest supporter :)

Oh that is so sweet to hear about your daughter being your biggest supporter. Yes, body image can be a concern when talking about plastic surgery. It sounds like you have a wonderful relationship with your daughter and that you set good examples and have healthy body image discussions. I bet you don't have to worry about her too much! ;)

Looking really good, I'm not sure either what a "zinger" is? But I am presuming it may be nerve pain after surgery????

Here is a link explaining what zingers are. You are right...nerve pain!

You look great!!!
I am a stickler for grammar and typos. My original post was not so screwed up. Is it possible that in the two days it took this website to 'approve' this post, changes were made?
Congrats!!!Hope you like your result!!!