Fractional CO2 Laser (Company Deka)

I am 32. In late December 2011 I was treated with...

I am 32. In late December 2011 I was treated with fractional Co2 laser (Deka, DOT) for only few mild post acne scars. This laser procedure ruined my life...I am experiencing many of the side effects described by other members.

In addition to pigmentation and pop-up acne after laser procedure (appeared month after), I still see grid (stripes) lines from the laser, and what is most scarring, I got NEW SCARS, many of small scars (which I NEVER had before) what people describe as "orange peel" look. When I first came back to the doctor after the treatment a month after he did the procedure, he ensured me that the marks from the laser would go away in 2-3 months. When I saw him 3 months after, he gave me another time-line (4-5 months), and etc. etc.

Now it is more that 4 month post procedure and things are not improving..I cannot trust the doctor especially after considering the fact he promoted this procedure to me as "ABSOLUTELY risk-free"! He did not give me ANY documents to read or to sign before the procedure and he said I would recover in 3 to 5 days!

I have been to other doctors consultations and the only thing they suggest now is to come back in autumn to do another laser (IPL) to improve my skin condition. I am too scared now to think about other laser procedures. Last few months I was in big depression because of what happened and that affected my life tremendously. I am afraid to socialize with other people and hide at home all of my free time. Everything became meaningless...I cannot describe with words what I feel now, and all antidepressants I am taking now help very little. I do NOT recommend this procedure to other people! I would give everything to turn back the time and stay away from laser...

how are you doing now?
Not good Jamie...I am thinking about dying every single day, perhaps this is the only solution to all non-reversible problems
Are you saying it has been a YEAR since you had this laser procedure done and you still have lines and scaring from it? Please do not base your self worth on looks from what has happened. You are more then a pretty face to those that love you. Those that know you and love you will not judge you by looks from what has happened. Do you have any photos you can put up? Did you see any before or after photos from the Dr. that did the laser? I am scheduled to have the co2 Deka laser done Jan 2nd. I've read good and bad. I'm confused now what to do. My Dr. that would be doing it is a real Dr. and has performed over 30 of them and does this and injections as well. Currently I am using Retin A. If I can get some good results from that I will not do the laser. I am 55 and feel all washed up and old looking. I hope things get better for you! My Dr. recommends Obagi skin care, have you considered that? He showed me several before and afters of his clients, his own actual clients, not someone elses. I'm so confused now but i'm so sorry you have to go through all this.
Pierre-Patrice Cabotin