Thigh Lift 21 Years Old - Paramus, NJ

Hello, hopes this help to anyone that's reading...

Hello,

hopes this help to anyone that's reading.

Some back round on me-
so growing up plain and simple I was very fat, no need to sugar coat I've come to terms with it. My freshmen year of high school I was a whopping 223lbs standing at 5'6. That summer I attended fat camp, by choice after begging my parents, with a great overweight friend of mine (were both doing awesome and have kept the weight off). I lost 16 lbs at camp Pocono trails, but what I learned there was lifestyle change. After much hardwork, dedication, dieting, and exersize I weigh 150lbs.

I had saddlebags as some call it that made me so self conscious I couldn't even wear shorts, and I'm 21 and EVERYONE wears shorts at this age, not to mention cute bikinis, and I'm over here in long skirted bikinis when I'd barely be motivated to wear one. So for accumulation on my 21st and 22nd birthday, graduating college, and just hard work my family rewarded me with paying for 2/3 of my 8,600 dollar surgery, and i could not be more thankful.

on to the surgery part....

So 5/28 I went in for a groin incision medual thigh lift after being cleared of being a good candidate. I was so nervous before worries that were so out of the world, I'm a huge worry wort. Even the anesthiaologist could tell (he was amazing understanding and funny). The surgery flew by! One moment I remember seeing everything go a blur, the next what felt like a second (but was 3 hours) i was in recovery. Waking up I remember being in some sore tight pain which I remember moaning and complaining about, and I remember overhearing the nurses saying she's in pain and next thing I know I was not in pain no more (I think they might have injected me with something I'm assuming). Waking up was a breeze, both my parents asked me if I woke up "hungover" and shivering (their past anesthia experiences) but no, I was delighted with a heat fanned thing under my blanket nice and toasty. I'd have to agree with others when I say this, this surgery isn't painful (and I'm a wuss) but it's very uncomfortable! I highly recommend a freshette (female urinal) for anyone getting this procedure! I believe it's helping me heal faster because I'm not pressuring the incesion 5 times a day by sitting on a toilet to pee. For an extra 23 bucks why not take this precaution.

So tomorrow makes me one week post-op and I'm feeling good, opposed the fact I still turtle walk, but I am walking, in fact a day after I was doing limited walking it makes you feel better. I stopped taking the oxy pain killers on Saturday, except one time monday. The "pain" in honestly just tight and soreness. Nothing in more or less, sitting however is very annoying but once your down its ok it's just the Initial plop down.

As far as constipation goes, yes. Although my bowel movements have always been irregular due to my thyroid problem, I am constipated and recommend a stool softener because the one bm I had Tuesday was small and hard, not fun. Also was not sitting on a toilet because incisions do split (luckily no problems over here) and I'd rather just not.

I've starting doing some housework, dishes, reorganizing my clothes on hangers in my closet, and laundry.

I had two drains in me which were a big factor in me feeling like a bed written blob. But once they were out (not painful at all and I was so scared!) I feel brand new today! Even showered normally (my mom been giving me sponge baths). It feels amazing. There are two holes in me which sometimes irritate but in a few days they'll close up.

bruising and swelling is not as bad as pi tyres I've seen, I'm not sure if that's due to me raking bromelain and arnica, a vitamedica pack my doctor gave me) I've had no bruising on my front but my back side has a majority of the bruising and swelling. A little swelling on my inner thighs. The incision points are just very tender.

As far as healing goes, it's been well, no complications just yet, but I pray everyday for a healthy recovery and take all my meds and follow all given instructions! My post op appointment in on Thursday and a spa lymphic massage tomorrow so I'll tell yall what the doc thinks!

I think I answered all questions or concerns I've had, if I missed just post and I'll be here to answer, I'm doing nothing all day which is why I decided to make one of these, this websites helped me a lot through the pre and current process. Not many people just get thigh lifts as well, usually a lbl, so here's for anyone just doing a thigh lift!

I also start a catering manager job on the 16th, 14 hour work days might be brutal but I keep praying! Plus the hour commute to stamford! Luckily flats are shoes my higher ups want me to get vs heels!

Feel free to ask I'd love to help! My pictures aren't uploading :(

added a photo

added photo

photo taken today - 10 days post op

10 days post op!

Almost one month Post op

Thank you all for your support and compliments! I really LOVE the results so far! Sorry I haven't been updating, i've been so busy with my job ( FYI - standing for 8+ hours a day is not bad! ) - I have an appointment July 1st to get the surgical glue off and I will post some more pictures! Only complaint is the scars are so itchy!!! lol but thats such a small small issue hehe :)
Paramus Plastic Surgeon

Amazing, so sweet, non judgemental, helpful, the nurse gave me her cell for 24/7 contact which means a lot to me since I'm a worry freak! He knows the result I want and provided that too me! I honestly cried the first time in the mirror because I thought I'd have embarrassing saddle bags for life. Thank you doctor parker if you read this!

Nice thighs hunn, did u wear a compression garment post and how for how long?
I love your results, did you get the scar down your leg? I want the surgery, but that scar down the leg scares me. I am certainly calling this doctor.
Wow you look great!! Really!! I'm hoping for an inner thigh lift next year (I'm 3 weeks po a mommy makeover) & inner thighs were on the top of my list.
thank you! and do it! best decision I have made! wearing shorts is amazing :)
Looking great! Can't wait to see how you're feeling in a month! Happy healing
thanks! xo
Your results look amazing! I am strongly considering a thigh lift. I lost 90 pounds and was left with lots of saggy skin. My thighs really bother me. I had a tummy tuck and breast lift/augmentation last summer with great results. Thanks for posting your review. Looking forward to seeing your progress. Happy healing!
thanks so much! and I can totally relate! the discomfort was worth the end results and I'm not even fully healed yet! :)
Nice results! You have great legs now....mine look awful and I'm thinking about a thigh lift. Happy healing :-)
thanks! xo
You look great!!!! :)
Thanks!
Great results! Looking really defined. Where ur thighs lipoed and lifted in d same procedure?
Thanks! And yup, only the inner thigh, my doctor took out 1.5lbs in total
Wow!!! Your legs look amazing. How are scars healing?
They're in the process lol, the tops of the scar going towards my stomach are looking great so far, the ones along the groin are still bubbly and swollen. Angela, the doctors assistant, said in a few weeks they'll smooth out. I'm a little afraid Because I am probe to keloid healing but I'm hoping if I care for the scars right it'll go down. But to be honest, I'll take scars over saddlebags anyday, I'd if course want them as smooth as possible and not visible but it wouldn't be the end of the world for me.
Your results are awesome so awesome that I'm really wanting my done & hope for similar results. Your inner thighs/legs look like you have been working out (nicely toned). I stopped wearing shorts about 5 years ago because I really dislike how my legs look. My PS recommended that I get my inner thighs lipo'd first wait 2-3 months then do the lift. Smooth healing :)
Thank you! You could not be more right about my legs, when I would work out for the last 4 years I'd only focus on my legs because I was always trying to rid the saddlebags but working out never helped the bags. Now I can finally focus on my entire upper body that's been neglected for so long especially my abs! That's interesting he'd suggest that, I guess it makes sense because most swelling and numbness is due to the lipo, I guess it just depends on how much down time you have to recover. I did this all so quickly lol
Thanks for sharing. The changes to your thighs are amazing! I'm so happy for you and how awesome of your family to contribute after all your hard work. As you heal please post again. I'm wondering about scaring. It sounds like you didn't have any problems from the incisions opening. Was the dr okay with such a long work day so soon?
Hi best, I will post more pictures in a day or so, I had my spa appointment the masuse (spelling?) Said I'm healing great not really any bruising, I do have a lot of back leg swelling which is inevitable and I did understand it take awhile for the swell to go away completely (she said 4 months and I'll look as if I didn't have anything done). And your correct, I didn't have any incision openings, I was very very careful no fast movements, rare up and down, no in and out of cars for at least 6 days, just got up to get blood flowing. And I did tell my doctor it'd be long days he said I should be fine by then, plus it's not up down from seats, mostly up. I also told my district manager full disclosure I had work done. The scarring has healed and I've been sitting on toilets again thank goodness no split incisions! DR parker is also very very great at stitching (they're also dissolvable), he also applied surgical glue. Yesterday and today I've been doing a fair amount of walking (3-4 hours) and it's no pain, I also wear compression shorts from nike that are super comfy and I believe give some support).
That wonderful. Thanks for all the detailed info. Sounds like you are well on your way already.
Hi Kirsty, I was terrified of that exact same worry! Some tips on that issue - get up slowly, the first day I would get up too quickly and got very light headed (my parents said it was the anesthia leaving my body), don't swing your legs what I found easiest was moving both legs at a time, my dad helped me with this by guiding both legs down and I'd wrap my hand around his neck and he'd pull me up. I also used a chair to help take weight off. Laying down was a breeze, I left my pants on for a day or so so there was no direct contact from the scar. I never really sat down until about post op day 5, but today marks post op day 7 and I was driving for about an hour getting in and out. I do recommend cushioned area to sit not cushion hurts
How far back does your scar go? Does your scar go under your butt cheeks? i have to have a revision and extended scar and im worried about sitting
it goes to the bottom of my buttocks. sitting it does get a little irritated but i know it is temporary and will be worth it in the long run
Thank you for answering my questions. I know its personal. I had a thigh lift with groin incisions but my stitches let go and my legs are droopy again. My PS said he will leave the scars alone that are already healed and cut about 3" in the crease of my butt cheeks. This worries me alittle Do your panties or jeans rub on the scars when you sit down or walk?