One Step at a Time - Paramus, NJ

I have been plagued by genetically induced...

I have been plagued by genetically induced cellulite since what feels like the day I was born with a goal of one day feeling comfortable in a bikini. I am 26 and active and although I understand the structure of cellulite I still don't understand why a young, active person should have it (that is me being stubborn). Anyway, that being said, I received a breast augmentation 4 months ago as that was the other area where I was short handed. While I was in for my follow up I zoned in on the brochure for Cellulaze. My doctor discussed the pro's and con's and long story short I decided to move forward with the procedure.

My procedure took place on 11/16/12 and I had the Cellulaze on my back and lateral thighs as well as my buttocks. The procedure lasted 2.5 hours under local. After I got home I took a nap and caught up on some paper work. Although my doctor had warned me of potential "leakage" and to sit on puppy pads I had zero of this. I also did not have to take any pain killers he prescribed as although I was soar it was not painful to the point of pain killers. Anyway, I drank a lot of water and laid low through the weekend - by Monday I was back to work (did procedure Friday morning). Today I had my two week follow up - although currently there is not much change I am hopeful for the months to come. Few notes: 1) The most annoying part of this procedure to date is the 24 hour spandex 2) To minimize any scaring my doctor stitched the incisions 3) I had major bruising but all was gone 12 days later 4) These pictures are extremely humiliating but this site helped me make my decision to move forward and I am hopeful I can help other desperate women to do the same 5) No more surgeries for me as from here on out I am counting on diet and exercise to improve additional areas I am uncomfortable with - plus I am hoping to maximize my cellulaze results!

I am a little over 6 weeks since my procedure and...

I am a little over 6 weeks since my procedure and I am starting to see some results - back thighs are still a little numb but nothing too uncomfortable and every day gets better. I had my 6 week follow up with Dr. Gartner and he was pleased with my results thus far. I no longer have to wear the spandex which is fabulous and with the new year on it's way hopefully I can get back into my exercise regime. Excited to see continued improvement and will follow up with another picture in a month. Good luck to everyone out there!!
Paramus Plastic Surgeon

Research

I was thinking about using Dr. gartner and getting the procedure done. How are your results coming along? Would you recommend?
Hey all , i need to ask about the scars after the procedure , Cellulaze is our only hope till now
Hey all , what about the scars ? unfortunately we have no other solutions ,our only hope is cellulaze :)
Thank you so much for sharing your journey & your photos. I've been considering this myself and your experience & feedback are very encouraging.

That is very encouraging to hear that you are seeing some results! Yay for being free from the spandex!! :)

Keep posting - you know we want to hear what comes of this!!

So glad you are starting to see results. I just had Cellulaze done this past Friday. After reading the reviews here and the complications some patients have had, I must admit I was quite scared to have the procedure done. In fact I was close to backing out and forfeiting the $4,500 I pre-paid. Thankfully, I went ahead and went through with it and I am so very glad. Best of luck and I am rooting for you to see amazing results.
Hi Peaches46 please let us know how you r doing and keep us posted on actual improvements:)
Hi MinorAdjustments, How are you doing? I also just had cellulaze in the same areas as you (lateral, posterior and the butt) but my procedure lasted 6.5 hours with the additional lipo of the saddle bags, but my doctor said that the bulk of that time was definitely spent on Cellulaze. I am 5'7 about 125lbs. I also did have a lot of draining for the first 24 hours. I wonder why there is such a discrepancy in operating times...did you have very mild cellulite? Mine is grade 2a
I am doing fine except I am really not noticing a difference yet. How long did it take you to notice any changes? As for my grade I was only a 1 I believe.. I am 5'7 and 150 pounds.. My bathroom lighting definitely emphasizes it a little more then most lighting but hey!.. I want to notice a difference regardless of where I am and confront worst case scenario .. I am not sure why the difference in times besides maybe the grade and did you stay awake during yours?
I just had mine done the day before yesterday, so there is nothing to notice yet other than the bruising. From your pictures, I think my cellulite was a little bit milder than yours (if you want to see, go to my profile and look under the questions that I posted with photos in them). I was under the IV sedation for mine and I definitely had drainage for the 1st 24 hours (that was kinda icky, glad it stopped now). From what I am reading, this procedure is so technique dependent; I am just keeping my fingers crossed that we will all have results that we have been dreaming about for years :) So nervous I don't even want to look into a mirror for the next 3 months, but I know I will eventually. Best of luck. Thanks for being brave :)
Happy Grrl are you still happy with your results.please let me know as I'm planning to do it soon and I'm not really sure but my cellulite is so horrible I really would like this to work
I really appreciate your pictures and description, I am 23 and have had serious cellulite since I was 14. My rear end looks identical to yours! Please keep us updated with pictures/results... we all appreciate it! Thank you!
My 1 month photo was very similar to the 2 week one .. I have enough embarrassing photos posted so at this point I am waiting for the 2 month mark
Have you noticed major changes yet? Do you think it's worth it? Your story is so similar to mine even the breast aug part haha
My doctor told me 3-6 months until I see results. I will add new pictures at the 1 month mark and every month after that until 6 months. I will use my same bathroom mirror in an effort to pin point changes. I won't know if it was worth it for me until the 3 month mark - as of right now I would say no but I'm pretty realistic and patient and don't want to give a final answer on that yet.

I had cellulaze 5 months ago and still see no improvement whatsoever. My doctor agrees but wants to wait until 6 months to reassess. I'm very disappointed, needless to say.

Where did you have it done?

I love that even though it was uncomfortable for you, you opted to share your photos with us so we could learn from your experience. Thank you so much for helping us all see what this treatment really looks like during the different phases - that is so appreciated!

I'll be hoping for great changes for you, and will be looking forward to hearing how you are doing during the next several months. Thanks again for being brave enough to share with us. :)

It already looks better only 2 weeks later, I think you will see awesome results in a couple of months!