As far back as I can remember I've wanted bigger...

As far back as I can remember I've wanted bigger breast. It wasnt something that was super important to me but now that Ive had three children and a grandmother of 2 I think Im ready to take the plunge. Im currently a 34/b looking to be a 34/d to balance me out. Ive chosen 450cc mp saline unders! Yeah for me!! Obviously this is a personal choice a woman makes but I believe if its something you want and can afford go for it!!! I do strongly suggest that any surgical procedures be done by a board certified PS. When it comes to your body money should be no object. In spanish we have a saying "The cheap way will always cost you more in the longer run". Ive done my research but only this year did I really start getting serious. I first thought I would have it done in Miami, FL. I contacted a couple of doctors who got back to me right away, but I figured what if something went wrong do I really want to fly back and forth and also have to travel after the procedure. So I focused on finding a doctor in New Jersey. I found Dr. Gartner on the internet and scheduled a free consultation. His staff was wonderful and he was very nice too. I went in with the thought of going 300cc saline but after the examination and consultation I realized that 300cc would not fit my expectations. Of course this was only with the the doctors help and explaining what look I was looking for. I figured I already had breast tissue of my own so I only needed to go to 300cc (based on pics I saw) He explained that 300cc fit different body types differently and that i would not achieve the look with that. On his web site he does not post details of what size or anything because again its different strokes for different folks. He does encourage you to look at pics so you can explain what you are looking for but he then tells you what would suit you best.
Ok enough of the doctor and alittle more about me. Im 42, 5'5" and 150lbs. My surgery is scheduled for 5/23/13 and I am hoping to lose about another 10 pounds before surgery. I fill out my clothes pretty evenly with the exception of my breasts, but i work it well with the wonderful bombshell VS bras. But after a while its just not the same. So I made the decision to have the surgery done. I have my pre op on May 1st so I guess Ill give you guys an update then.

Im so afraid of the jelly bean look and also the...

Im so afraid of the jelly bean look and also the morning boob thing. Anyone know how long these things last?

I found this article and thought it would be...

I found this article and thought it would be helpful to share with anyone pre-op:

Start with a healthy liver

In the case of operations involving a general anaesthetic, the liver is the organ that takes the hardest knock from the drugs used. A good form of preparation for an operation would therefore involve restoring the liver to optimum health prior to undergoing surgery. Avoid alcohol and saturated fats. Wake up to a cup of hot water with the juice of half a lemon squeezed into it. Eat grapefruit with your breakfast and plenty of fresh fruit with lemon juice squeezed over it. Eat lots of fresh, raw or lightly steamed vegetables, especially the colourful varieties. Drink plenty of juiced carrots, beetroot or any other vegetable juices you can tolerate. These will very effectively detoxify your liver.

Sulphur containing foods best

To prevent the after-effects of anaesthetics, such as hepatitis, eat foods rich in the sulphur-containing amino acid, methionine, such as free-range eggs, brazil nuts, fish and meat. St Mary’s thistle which contains the active ingredient, silymarin, is excellent in protecting the liver against anaesthetics and so is dandelion root. These also help to regenerate liver cells if there is damage to the liver.

Anti-oxidants

Plenty of anti-oxidants are needed to neutralize the free-radicals which result from all the chemicals in anaesthetics and other drugs that may be prescribed. Mopping up of these free-radicals depends upon your levels of beta carotene, vitamin A, C and E as well as zinc, manganese and copper levels. Take a good plant-based green leaf multivitamin and mineral supplement such as AIM’s Barley Life for a few weeks before the operation. Your surgeon may insist you stop all vitamin supplements just prior to and immediately after the surgery. This is fine, however do try to get back onto them as soon as possible to give your body a fighting chance against infection. Prior to surgery eat plenty of pawpaw, beetroot, carrots, broccoli, apricots, all citrus, even the pith, and green, yellow and red peppers.

Preventing blood clots

For at least a month before your operation take a pharmaceutical grade fish oil capsule daily to keep your blood thin and prevent clotting after surgery. You will need to tell your surgeon you are taking these as he may wish to put you on a blood-thinning drug such as Warfarin and the two should not be taken together as this may cause excessive bleeding during surgery. Continue with your fish oil capsules as soon after surgery as possible.

Healing of wounds

Build up your liver stocks of beta carotene a week prior to surgery with carrot and beetroot juice which will also detox the liver. Beta carotene converts to vitamin A in your body and will improve wound tensile strength, thus preventing possible tearing. Eat lots of apricots and watermelon if in season. Vitamin E promotes healing of ulcerated tissue and helps prevent hard scar formation. Use it mainly as an ointment rubbed on the scar after the wound has closed but the vitamin E in your plant-based multivitamin supplement will also be of great benefit.

Vitamin C

Vitamin C promotes elastogen and collagen formation and prevents pressure sores. Mouth ulcers, common after surgery or chemotherapy, heal faster with 250 g vitamin C at meals and 500 mg at bedtime. Eat broccoli, pawpaw, kiwi fruit and oranges pre- and post surgery. Throw in bioflavanoids to strengthen the integrity of mucous membranes and zinc for the correct formation of collagen and elastogen, particularly for leg ulcers.

Cancer patients

Cancer patients should try to avoid infections after any surgery as infections will only hinder recovery. Supplement with buffered Vitamin C, 2g per day in divided doses, 20 mg zinc, 2g bioflavonoids). This same program may be used by all patients going for surgery.

Bromelain

Bromelain, an enzyme found in pineapple, reduces oedema and inflammation. Either eat lots of pineapple or take bromelain in supplement form. If undergoing plastic surgery you could minimize bruising by using Vitamin C, bioflavonoids and zinc before surgery and bromelain after.

Help from food

In general then your diet pre and post surgery should include fish, meat, oysters, brazil nuts, eggs, pawpaw, apricots, kiwi, oranges, grapefruit, all citrus including pith, pineapple, carrots, beetroot, brussel sprouts, broccoli and capsicum (the pepper family). Following these guidelines should take you comfortably and safely through surgery and lead to a speedier recovery.

Ok so I need to stop reading about CC it is truly...

Ok so I need to stop reading about CC it is truly freakin me out. Statistic show its actually a very low percentage of women who get it but it seems like it's much higher!!! I just got all my prescriptions for blood work mammogram blah blah blah so I guess its becoming OH SO REAL!!! Then I read about the women who have had them in 5 days and want them out and wait it out for 5 months and still feel the same. I know this is not for everyone but JEEZ these stories are scaring me. (Which by the way Ill get over) just venting and wanted peoples opinion on it. Please no negative comments Im not looking for people to convince me not to have the procedure just wanted some insight. Thanks

25 days to go!!!! I wish I was more excited but...

25 days to go!!!! I wish I was more excited but honestly I've been so worried its hard to get past those feelings. For a week now I have not been myself at all. I am a very busy person so normally I have no time to mope around but thats all Ive done this week. I have dance in which I have a recital June 8 and didnt feel like going to class, im finishing up my semester for my Masters and have papers that still have to get done I have my grand daughters baptism in a week that I need to do the favors (which i absolutely love to do) and have done NOTHING. Im hoping its because Im still in vacation mode. I just got back from Aruba for a week and literally all I did was relax no kids no work no worries. I did have my period this week and even that was worse then ever normally 5 days this month 7 and bleed severely for 3 of those days UUUGHHH!!! I just cant shake it. I went shopping yesterday and I was literally dragging ass in the stores. I finally got home around 5 and went to sleep like i worked in a coal mine. hahahaha. Well I figured Id vent and start of my Sunday on a happier note. Anyone else go through this?

So Im happy to say that I finally shook off that...

So Im happy to say that I finally shook off that horrible feeling. I woke up Sunday to start some serious spring cleaning. I did laundry and went to costco which by the way I ended up spending 500 bucks on VitaMix. I have read so much about juicing that I figured what better time then the present to start on my healthy journey since instead of losing weight I actually gained LOL!!! But I definitely got out of that awful funk I was in all week. I did my blood work today and Mammogram scheduled for Wednesday which happens to be my pre op appointment also. Now I can say I am actually getting excited. Im not quite sure where I read it but they say mental status has a lot to do with how well you recover. So I am focusing on keeping myself up beat. Ill make sure to update you ladies after my appointment. Have a wonderful week.

Ok so yesterday was my pre-op I asked the doctor a...

Ok so yesterday was my pre-op I asked the doctor a 100 and 1 questions Haha. I did another try on session and made up my mind with the 475cc's. I paid the balance in full (counting the hundreds hurt)LOL. After signing my life away I had one more question I have a dance recital June 8-9 and he suggested I postpone my surgery until after but I explained it wasn't like I was going to be doing flips or anything. He wants no boobie bouncing for 3 weeks. Oh well, changing my date wasnt an option for me. Anyway that was about the only update other than my emotions are under control for now.

Is anyone else having a hard time on this site...

Is anyone else having a hard time on this site today? I can not view alot of the pics and when I try to post it says there was an error and that has been happening a day long. Weird.

So I work up this morning pretty motivated!!! I...

So I work up this morning pretty motivated!!! I finally set myself up to use my Vitamix LOL!!!! I use shakeology from beach body (for those of you who are not familiar with it, its a energy supplement shake) I use the chocolate flavor.I added spinach, baby carrots, strawberries and low fat milk. I probably didnt have to add the veggies as the shake is full of the nutrients I would need but hay the more the merrier LOL! I was pretty happy that I lost about 3 pounds from just watching what I ate, so i cant imagine how much better Id do if I actually fed my body and started working out more consistent. I have 2 weeks today until my surgery (OH MY GOD THATS 14 DAYS). Every Thursday I swim for an hour (because I am training for a triathlon in August) but stopped going to the gym on a regular basis. So today I will swim for an hour and then do cycling for 75 mins. And Im hoping since I am coming so close to surgery and know I will not be able to work out any time soon I need to make up for it for the next 2 weeks. Im not worry about gaining weight after surgery as most dont eat much anyway. Ill make sure i have recipes ready for my Vitamix so I can get the nutrients i need to keep me healthy and heal faster. I took done my pics for now I was kind of freakin out and paranoid about having them up (I know pretty silly) but I will def put them all back up after surgery as I know seeing pictures of the berfores and afters made this process so much easier.

Happy Mother's Day to all the ladies!!! 11 days...

Happy Mother's Day to all the ladies!!!
11 days and counting oh my!!!

Pick up Meds

I filled all my prescriptions!!! I was wondering if my insurance would cover the meds since i read alot of woman complained it wasnt covered. Well I paid a whole 5 bucks for all my prescriptions, my department does provide great benefits, so I was pretty about that. Emotions doing great and as I get closer I get less nervous and more excited!!! 7 days and counting!!!

Question

Not sure if anyone would have the answer but thought it was worth a shot to ask. Im still not at my ideal weight and being that I am 5 days away from my BA YIKESSSS!!! If I lose weight (10 pounds or so) would my boobies be affected (get smaller) like they normally do when I lose weight (first thing to go normally for me) will it create stretch marks???? I just wanted to mention again 5 days away hahahahaha!!!!

I added this to my comments by mistake HA

ooohhh according to my post Im actually 4 days pre op JESUS LORD hahahaha

BA week of 5/20

Good Luck to all my ladies that have surgery this week!!!!! We will all be welcoming our twins and moving into BOOBIEVILLE I cant wait!!! Happy Healing and remember lets stay positive!!!! Hugs and Kisses XoXo

WoW May 23rd got here in a flash (I say that now hahaha)

Well ladies tomorrow will be my last day in little boobie land. I will try to update one last time tomorrow night with all the things I got to get ready for the big day. Once again Good Luck to all the MAY 22nd BOOBIE GIRLS!!!!

My supplies for surgery

Im at work trying to remember all the things i bought to prepare for surgery so if I forget something I will add it tonight.

List
prescriptions (of course)
arnica gel (GNC told me the gel/cream was better then the pills) we will see
this is for swelling and bruising
frozen pineapple (or fresh) bromelain ingredient for bruising and swelling also
12 new sports bras (my surgeon doesnt use surgical bras i actually will be braless the first month according to the PS)
I read they recommend going 2 sizes up so I bought 38's (or ex-large)
2 reusable ice bags (you fill it with ice and water and they are leak proof)
body pillow
baby boopy (I didnt buy this it was my grand daughters) ill use it for my neck if I have to
Ester-C (vitamins) Helps boost your immune system for faster healing (so they say LOL)
bendy straws (makes for easier drinking when your'e sore)
back scratcher (you never know)
Snacks and foods I guess you can buy whatever you enjoy. (of course try to stay on the healthy side)
I plan on juicing alot during recovery
Well I think that about sums it up for me. Depending on how I feel I will post as soon as I can even if I feel crappy Ill try to post something I know I waiting anxiously for updates LOL!!!!

Few more Items I remembered

thermometer
pill box (i heard trying to open medicine bottles is near to impossible LOL)
pill cutter (just in case you want to take half a dose
palmers coca butter cream
vitamin E oil (I bought both the serum and oil)
neosporin (not sure if we can use that on our scars to heal ask your PS first)
cough drops if you are being put under they say your throat is sore from the tube down it)
have gatorade in the car for after surgery I hear you wake up super thirsty.
Ok I think this will be my last post pre boobies LOL!!! Good Luck my ladies see you in Boobieville!!!!

Pre op pics

All Done!!

Ok ladies can you believe it's 945am and I'm already back in the car going home!!! Woohoo took a quick peek lookin good and I went with 500cc's lol scared I would have boobie greed! Can't complain I can lift my arms I could walk by myself and now I'm just going home to relax!!! Send update soon. So girls honestly there is absoutely nothing to worry about.

500cc's saline moderate plus under

Pain/Soreness/Pressure

Ok so on a scale from 1-10
pain-1
soreness-3
pressure-3
I can get up out of bed by myself use the bathroom by myself (struggle to pull up my pants hahaha)
I can open my medicine bottles
The doctor gave me anti nausea medication and thank god because no problem what so ever with the pain killer meds.
I am taking tylenol in between so literally i must be managing the pain pretty good cause I have none.
I do have abit of burning but it feels more like it from the pressure.
Sleeping..... I have napped with no problem with my body pillow I'm going to try and find the name i ordered it on ebay the best thing ever i put it under my head with 3 other pilllows to sit up slightly and place my left arm on it and wrap it around my legs i dont move an inch. My back is a little achey but again nothing unbearable just uncomfortable. I think that is about it for now,

Total body pillow

Feeling awesome day 1 post op

The Key

So as you all know the key is keep up on your pain medication. I take them weather i need it or not. I alternate Percocet and tylenol so basically I take it every 3 hours so I never feel the pain. The morning was the worst because of morning boob but everyone said it felt like engorgement during pregnancy so I knew what to expect. With my pain medication I feel great. I make sure not to over do it even if I am feeling great. The high light of my day was go out to dinner with my family they have all been so great. My husband slept in the livingroom because my 11 year old slept with me. My body pillow takes up so much space my daughter fits better LOL. She was amazing she got up the whole night with me to give me water and give me my medication LOL. My youngest daughter is 9 was like whatever hahaha. I napped less today but I have been taking it really easy so that I can go back to work soon. I technically took off until Wednesday but if I need to I can be out until 6/3. Ill have desk duty so I dont have to be out on patrol so I should be good.

Day 2

Not much different. Morning stiffness alittle more today but I still was able to get out of bed by myself (it did take me about 3 mins haha)
Thank god for this site ill say for the 100th time it's so nice to know the stages of these boobies and not get freaked out!!! My worst fear was the frankenboob look but funny I'm just like oh here it is!!

Day 3

Well what can I say everyday just gets better and better. Morning boob is a bitch but that lasts about 5-10 mins. Once Im up and take tylenol Im good. I forgot to mention I never iced my boobies. I was never in that much pain WOOHOO!!! I did gain a WHOLE lot pounds lol. I think like 8-10 pounds but Im taking into consideration no poopie all 3 days and the weight of the new boobs. I am so not upset about it though. My boobies are softening up already top portion is still hard but the cup itself so squishy. They look bigger (so for you girls that are worried they are not the size you expected def wait at least a week) and I say a week minimum. Im only 3 days post op and can see the fullness kickin in already but there are other girls waiting up to 3 weeks to see fullness so no worries. I might have to slow it down because I literally have acted like I didnt just have surgery. I cooked and cleaned yesterday like nothing. I am resting a lot so it has affected me but I never really asked my PS what my limitations were. I guess just listen to your body ladies. Have a wonderful Memorial Day weekend in Jersey its kind of cold :0( . Ill post another pic too.

Pics day 3

Pic

So Well prepared

Ok Ladies its day 4 I am in absolutely no pain didnt wake up with morning boob. I can lift my hands over my head like nothing I can sleep on my side (thank God) I put so much effort into making sure this was a smooth transition that it has so paid off. But in all the preparation I forgot to take one little thing into consideration. WHY DID I THINK MY UNIFORMS WERE GOING TO FIT!!!! Oh my God I am literally busting out of them. I was ready to go to work already and said oooh let me try on my uniforms NOTHING FIT. All me and my finance could do is laugh. I called my mom and she was like Ya what were you thinking you went up 2 cup sizes hahaha. So its memorial day obviously the uniform place is closed and it takes up to 3 days to have them made. HAHAHAHA. I never thought busting out of my uniform would bring me such joy!

Day 5

Not too many changes. Slightly dropping!

It's been great no complaints

I've lost track in what day I am post op but the post will show it! It seems like I've had these babies forever. I feel totally myself. I even went to dance class on Wednesday and did my whole routine with no pain what so ever. I went to my first post op and had the steri stripes removed and I had pretty bad marks obviously an allergic reaction I spray Benadryl on it and it was fine. My scars are a bit dark and raised but I'm not worried. It's only like 1.5 weeks. I was given the dreadful band I just sleep with it and if I remember I wear it a while in the house. My girls are looking good and can't wait until they fully drop!

1 week

Day 11

I know most girls have said that their dominate side took longer to drop but my right (my dominate) drop much faster then the left the left is still sitting a bit higher then the right. Of course Im not worried as I know everyone is different but I thought Id share. My skin is actually feeling alittle more tender then it had been the first week (maybe I was numb) and now the feeling is totally returning. Other then that not much to report!

Seem small to me :0(

I never thought that I would be unhappy with 500cc's. My left side is still a bit higher than my right. The right seems to be dropping. But I was under the impression that I would be even more thrilled once they dropped and started fluffing but they seem
Too small now. Not that I'm thinking of a revision or anything I know they are way bigger than they started off but fluffing is doing nothing for my mental image. I'll ill post a pic and although they look big in the pic they really aren't. I figure maybe losing the 15 pounds I want to lose will help but then I started reading that losing weight after breast augmentation will actually make them look smaller Ugh smaller then they are now!!! Booo

17 days Post op

Things are looking pretty good!! The sunburn feeling is slightly still there but no as uncomfortable. I was able to complete all 4 dance shows with no problems Woohoo!! Now to take it easy to make sure the healing process continues. Today I start my triathlon menu plan giving it another 2 weeks before I start running only because I didn't really follow the doctors orders if no boobie bouncing for 3 weeks. So ill just start speed walking, swimming and spin class this week. Well hope all is well for all my girls recovery with me and good luck to those up coming surgeries!!

I bought ScarAway (Any comments on how well it works)

Scar Away is silicone sheets that are placed over the scar. They seem to be helping all the way around. It says it helps with diminishing the scar (Obviously) relieves itching and discomfort. And it sure is doing at least 2 out of the 3. Id have to get back to you all with updates on scar improvement. I did hear mederma works wonders but since some of you know the story of me running at day 5 (LMAO) I think the sheets would be best. I cut them in half and they are actually reusable. The box says the 8 sheets should last you 2 months but since I am cutting them they should last much longer. I got them at rite aid pharmacy they were actually on sale for 19.99 LOL.So for a 2-3 month supply I think thats great. Has any one else use this?

Massages

Ok so yesterday was my 3 week post op appointment (holy crap time flies) so he said still no bras and that I'm healing nicely even my incisions hahaha. He showed me how to massage OH MY GOD!! I was in more pain then I was after surgery. He said to do massages 3 times a day. I have a high tolerance for pain but I sure as hell won't be doing it that hard. I felt like they were gonna pop ha. He said dont worry you won't do anything to them. The pain was more because my skin is so sensitive right now. It's better this week then last but still feels weird. I don't have to see him for another 3 weeks. He cleared me to be as active as I want ( little did he know I already was doing the whole boobie bouncing thing hehehe. Wishing everyone well!! Oh I also asked him about losing weight he saw no problem in it but then again I really didnt express I didn't want to have my boobs shrink. So I couldn't tell you if they will be affected or not!!!

So I'll never complain about my size again!!!

I went to Victoria Secret today and got sized 36DD so I don't think ill say I'm not that big anymore haha!!!

Another bra

1 month update

With every passing day I am happier with my new additions. I have some what gotten use to the size and think that they have dropped very quickly for bein only one month out. I've taken so many pics with clothes on that I figured I should take a pic of the actual boobies themselves. Hope all is well for all my friends in boobieville!!

5 weeks

I had a post op appointment last week and my left side incision had been bothering me. It seems all the sutures didnt dissolve so it felt like I had a splinter. The doctor removed it with tweezers and it was much better. There is still some suture that didnt make its way above the skin so those weren't messed with the PS said they will dissolve in time. I occasionally have sharp pains in that spot but really only when I tense up. Other then that everything is great he said I healed like a maniac in such a short period of time. Which really goes to show you that your mental state really has a lot to do with it!! So good luck ladies!!

Wow 2 months plus

How time flies!! Not much to update since I dropped and fluffed so early on but I did have this dress that I could never fill out happy happy joy joy!!!!! Hope everyone is have a wonderful summer!! Oh and Sunday is finally the day of my first triathlon wish me luck ladies I'm freakin but probably not as much as I was for the BA lmao!!!

Oops I guess it's been 3 months hahaha

Time really did fly!!

Feel like I was born with the boobies!!

Aside from the fact that I wish they were bigger I am very happy with my results and actually forget that it can take up to 6months to a year for your true results!! I think I was blessed with wonderful results as early as 6 weeks. Just thought I'd put up a pic of the girls in a bathing suit top!!

One year anniversary!!!

I must say it went by fast!!! I wouldn't change it for the world (ok ok maybe a little bigger) one year later and still have boobie greed ha! No complications they look and feel natural dispite what people may believe about saline implants. I'm super happy and I hope you all have the same amazing results I did! The scars could be better being that I applied absolutely nothing on them. They were never an issue for me!
Paramus Plastic Surgeon

Absolutely amazing. I love my results his staff is wonderful. And at the last minute I wanted to make adjustments to what i agreed to about size and he was like no problem and took time to explain what the change would represent. Thanks Dr. Gartner

Hey I went to him today and at other doctor when I left Dr gartner I was sure I wanted him then seeing someone else has competely confused me can u tell me more about him and why your happy you chose him please!!! Thank you so much! You look amazing by the way!
Well first of all when I first met with him I had done all my research so I knew pretty much what I wanted which for starters I wanted saline. He explained both options and I felt very comfortable with his consultation and I def didn't feel he was trying to convience me to go the more expensive route. He said I was a perfect candidate for saline and should have no problems. So that alone made me feel he was going to give me what I wanted. The only negative I could possibly say about him was if you went in not knowing much you are going to leave pretty much in the same way. He was informative because I had all the questions lined up if you didn't have much to ask he didn't have much to say hahaha. But I am absolutely happy with my results I was in and out in like an hour and a half and recovered almost fully in 5 days his staff is sweet ! My results were amazing with the second month. So if you are well prepared with questions and feel comfortable with his answers I def recommend him. I even. Changed my mind a few times in size and he was more than happy to accommodate my requests. So good luck it's not an easy decision but I'm glad I made it. Feel free to ask me anything if you have anymore questions or and he did an awesome job with my incisions. Almost gone (scar wise) a little discoloration but that just might be my skin tone.
Thank you so much! That's a huge help! I can't decide what type I want! How realistic do the saline feel? Or in other words how do they feel? And what size do u reamcmande I'm a small b now and want a large D thank you so much for Everything it really helps!!!
I always knew I wanted saline the whole MRI thing with silicone scared me a bit. How do they feel the feel pretty normal to me I sleep on my stomach and have no problems. They look super natural (alittle too natural haha) I wish they were bigger without a doubt but I am a pretty active person so realistically they are prefect. I was a 34B before and ended up a 36DD or 38D depending. But remember a person without a boob job is much bigger D'a I guess because are pretty compact. You say DD and people are like that's huge but when people see me they don't look like DD's. I know they say silicone feels more natural but honestly my salines don't feel fake to me. Yes they are a bit firmer than natural breast but mine settled in very nicely so I don't have the fake look. What did he recommend? Like I said I went in with an open mind but had my thoughts set on saline. If he recommended something other than what you want depending on the reasoning behind it I would go with his recommendation. Again if you felt comfortable. Sizing is tricky I def wanted a large D but if I could do it again I would have done 550cc. I asked him what he thought would be too large and he said 600-650. So again depending on your measurements how thin your skin is I would ask what he thought was too big and go 50-100 cc's under depending on what look you want. If your a B 500 will def bring you to a D bit again depending on how thin you are I wouldn't say I am thin by any means so the D' doesn't look huge if your 115 pounds an are a B well you look much bigger than a D if that makes any sense. Take in all he said and think about the other doctor and then sit with what you want and make the decision then. Again I could give you more input if you'd like to share your consultations with me :0)
I m having surgery with dr. Gartner next Friday. Feel free to ask any questions. :))
Awesome!! So excited for you!!! I'm calling today to book with him! What did u decided silince gel or saline !?! I can't decide my husband what's the gel Bc he thinks it will be more realistic what do u think?? So many options!?!
I was thinking saline for awhile but I decided silicone!!
Okay! I can't wait to see yours Bc I know it's a huge price deferent but I'm thinking silicone too!! I'm booking with him the 1st week of dec!!!!! I'm waitin for the lady to call me around 12 to put my payment down I'm so excited and nervous!!! I'm really happy I foun u though Bc I can relate to ur size and now were seeig the same doctor what size are u planning to get!!!??!?
Did you go on my profile? Everything is there more detailed. I m getting 400 cc
You look great Maybaby517! I decided to update as well after a few months. I lost 15 lbs and my boobs pop out more. Take a look. I know you were asking this question a while ago, about weight lose. So, I thought you would like to know how the girls look after! Lol! Down to 135 lbs. :)
I wish it was 1000. But it's a 2000 difference. Grrrrr I am def having another consult now. I will go with him just because I want to go with local anasthesia and I didn't find anyone else in nj that does it.
Well it's 2000 more with him but you'd really only be paying him an additional 1000 compared to others. Again it's just so you hear another expert opinion most consultations are free! If not around 150 bucks. But like I said post a pic see the responses you get. Pricing varies remember he is in Bergen county. You can email him to and tell him you really felt more comfortable going with saline will it make a big difference. He response to emails and again just ask lots of questions.
Thank you for sharing, you look amazing, congrats, I have six days till surgery
Omg!!! I have surgery with dr. Gartner oct 25!!! I m so glad I found you on here. It looks like he did a great job!!! How did you make your decision with the type of implant??? I m going crazy!!! Please respond:(
I had an idea on what I wanted when I went for the consultation (I looked at lots of pics) when I got there I discussed what I wanted and tried on sizers and came up with a better idea. The day of surgery I changed my mind again lol!!! But I was only able to change because I had saline. He was great just have lots and lots of questions because he will answer all of them but without questions he won't give you too much info!! He was great his staff great too! The day of I was pretty nervous and that went away after being there 15 mins!!!! He was gentle and I literally woke up in less then an hour with no pain. I was home by 10am lol like nothing and could have gone back to work in like 3 days I was doing so well but I did take off a week!!! They dropped within the first 2 months and have absolutely no complaints beside my scar area is pretty dark but I don't think it has anything to do with him maybe just my skin tone!! But ill tell you the scar I can't even feel it it was done so nicely. Again If it wasn't for the discoloration I don't think you would even see it!!!! Good luck you are in great hands!!! No worries. Oh PS just ask for anti nausea medication before the anesthesia it works wonders I was never sick and I asked for a prescription the day of for after with the Percocet which made me throw up after my c-section!! Feel free to ask me anything and again I know easier said then done don't be nervous!!! You'll be fine!!!
Another PS.... Mine are not hard at all don't feel like balloons and are very natural looking again it all depends on what you are starting with (your own breast tissue) and how much bigger you plan on going. I asked him what he thought was too big for me and he said 600 so I was 100cc's under that so I was comfortable with my decision. I didn't want porno boobs but go figure I do wish they were bigger lol!!!
Thank you for your reply!!! I am actually going with local anesthesia. I don't think I have much breast tissue, I felt like he didn't spend enough time with me during consult. Did you notice any rippling yet??? That's what I am afraid of. I think I should go with 400 cc
This is why I said you would need to go in with lots and lots of questions because I didnt feel he was forth coming with information but was very informative when I asked him anything. Rippling, I have none but you do see rippling the bigger you go and you dont have alot of breast tissue so that is something you definitely need to address with him. Remember saline is not as natural looking as silicone but you can achieve a very natural look if you have enough breast tissue. Again from what you can see from my post pics they dont look fake at all and dont feel fake either. You'll have to go back for your pre-op so just do all your research before then and go in with a list of questions that will put your mind at ease. Again he is very good I just knew from consultation that I would have to go in with all the questions at pre-op and remember I changed my mind a few times up until the day of surgery so just really do your homework and have a imagine that you really want to achieve or you will be disappointed with your results. Why do you say you think you should go 400cc? What did you discuss with him.
First of all he showed me only silicone implants and that's what I tried on. 350 cc silicone. The saline implant he showed was hard and weird looking and it was the only one. Then he showed me how saline will ripple in contrast to silicone. I am researching day and night and saline implants don't look too much different. 400 cc I think is good because doesn't it become like 25-50 cc less??
Clue number one if you only showed you silicone it was for a reason. I can tell you that yes it is 2k more but he never once tried to sell me the more expensive implant, he said i would do fine with saline. Rippling is a huge problem and can not be fixed. So with that said either take his advise and maybe postpone your date until you can accumulate more money or go for a second opinion but honestly I think if you dont follow his advise I would hate for you to have spent 5500k plus to just have to redo them and spend another 7k to fix something you could have avoided. Again only because he didnt seem like a sales man trying to have me spend more money then I needed to I would bet his recommendations are on the money. You can always go to another doctor for another recommendation but be careful they tell you the truth and not just what you want to hear.
They made me give them a non refundable deposit. I was just looking at some before and after from a doctor in morristown and it looks like his number one choice is saline. The body types were very similar to mine and they had 350-450 cc saline under muscle and it looks great. So I think I made my decision!!!! Saline it is!!!! And I researched about price difference with saline and silicone and it's 1 k difference I don't know why they charge 2k more for silicone. Thank you for your replies. I m glad you are happy with your results!!! You look awesome
You're very welcome good luck!!! I would still go for second a opinion. If another doctor suggests that you can pull of saline you will at least feel more confident in your choice. Again I don't feel he was just trying to sell you a more expensive product. He told me I would be fine choosing either option. Just go that one extra step. I put down the deposit too but I told him I'd get back to him within 2 weeks then I down the deposit. I did more research before I commited. They say you should get at least 2-3 consultations before committing. Again Good luck keep me posted!!
Yea but the deposit is non refundable. I am stressed out now!!!
Don't stress you can still use him as the doctor I'm just saying if another PS suggests you use silicone you might want to reconsider doing saline but if they say you should be fine then your good to go!! Believe me I think he's an excellent doctor so I don't want to see you not take his advise and then not get the results you want!! We all know there are some doctors that will sell you anything to make money he just isn't that kind of doctor so the fact that he suggested silicone makes me want to urge you to get a second opinion. What if he's right and 3 months down the line you see rippling you are going to be very unhappy you can't hide that or fix it you'd have to get then redone which in the long run is going to cost you more than the additional 2000. You can't go by pictures alone the PS is the expert and again don't feel he's trying to sucker you into paying more for nothing. He told me flat out I would have no worries with rippling so being that he told you that could be an issue I would do a lot more research. Losing 1000 dollars will save you in the long run.
Post a question on here to the doctors and see what their feed back is. You would be better off posting a pic of you breast so they have a better idea along with your height and weight but I'm sure they will all say without an actually examination it will be hard to judge which is why I say you can't go by picture or even cc's Its total different for each of us. Go under Q&A to a doctor they are all board certified if they have been accepted on this site and maybe you'll feel better!! Again don't stress just make sure you dot your I's and cross your T's