Just over 1 Week Until my Rhinoplasty! - Panorama City, CA

I have hated my nose since about age 9 when I...

I have hated my nose since about age 9 when I started getting teased about it. I never really considered a rhinoplasty because I always thought it would be out of reach financially. Luckily, my insurance is covering it! It was a difficult decision, especially because I've come to embrace my unique look. I am, however, in a business where looks are very important (theatre and film). I want people to be able to look at me and see my whole face instead of just my large nose. It doesn't define who I am. I know I'll still be unique with a smaller, straighter nose. I'm really nervous about the procedure because I don't handle pain very well. I am also concerned that my boyfriend and family won't recognize me and will feel like they have lost a physical connection to me. Still, here goes!

So my mom had misunderstood the phone call and...

So my mom had misunderstood the phone call and told me it was the 13th, but it's actually in just over a week! Went to the preop with my boyfriend, who was very supportive!

Hey guys, I'm really sorry for not posting sooner....

Hey guys, I'm really sorry for not posting sooner. I suppose it was partially out of embarrassment. I decided not to go through with the procedure. I was experiencing too many doubts for it to be a smart choice. Thank you for all of your support.

I was referred to head and neck surgery by my general health practitioner and found a surgeon through them.

Hi pipwithpizzaz, Just thought I'd ask, since you're in SoCal, if you've seen the website for Dr. Vladmir Grigoryants in Glendale? He has almost 200 before/after pics. My consultation with him left me feeling confident. (I did not go with a referred surgeon, but chose to pay completely out of pocket in order to feel 100% comfortable with my choice.) My surgery's not till December, but I'll be posting the whole deal when the time comes. Just letting you know as an fyi, in case you might be interested in him one day (even though you are already beautiful, just as you are!)
Good for you on putting the brakes on due to doubts. You are a beautiful girl just as you are.
It's important to follow your instincts. Nothing to feel badly about! You're gorgeous regardless.
Please update your post! I'm getting worried about you!
I hope the surgery went well & you are doing ok. I look forward to reading more of your story soon. Take care.
How did it go?...
Wow, tomorrow is your last day with the nose you've got. What an amazing feeling that must be! You'll probably barely think about anything else! Good luck, and let us know how you feel afterwards as soon as you're up to it!
Good luck with your experience, you will look amazing :)
Thank you very much!! :)
Good luck! Who's your doctor? & personal question, but what insurance do you have!? I'm a 16 year old male. I hate my nose, it's not long but it has a huge bulbous tip & it ruins my smile. Like I said before good luck!
Thank you! My doctor is Barry Levin, and my insurance is through Kaiser Permanente. I hope you find an option that works for you! :)
Thank you for sharing that information! I'm 16 and working two jobs so when I turn 18 I can get my nose done! My mom is well aware that I'm going to do it. My Aunt is also aware. My aunt got her ears pinned back years ago. Anyway! I cry sometimes over my nose. I cry because I hate how I have to change my nose for me to like myself better, you know? I'm not bullied at all but I just feel that if I get this procedure done it will boost my confidence. Good luck though! I can't wait to see how it turns out!

So glad to hear you have the support of your mom and boyfriend. One week - that is exciting!!

Thank you! I am really excited (and nervous)!
Good luck! I am 3 days after you
Thank you! Good luck to you too!
Best of luck to you on the 13th on November. Keep us posted. Can't wait to see how gorgeous you look with your new nose! You're very lucky that your insurance is covering it !!! Yippee!!
Thank you so much!