7 weeks post op and healing nicely! New pics

I was a 38H before my reduction, and now I expect...

I was a 38H before my reduction, and now I expect I will be a 38C. I was very nervous before my surgery, but it has been much better than I expected. I'm one day post-op and the pain is not too bad at all. I'm taking my pain medication every 4 hours, so I'm sure that makes a big difference, but even still it really isn't that bad. I had a follow up appointment today, and the PS changed my steri-strips and took out the drain on my left breast. They gave me a sports bra that hooks in the front, which I will day and night for the next few weeks. This bra has been the only thing to cause me pain, since it goes over my incisions. Even still, the pain is much less than I feared. Most importantly, I am elated with my results! I feel liberated with all the weight removed. I had nearly 5 pounds taken off; 1024 grams on the right, and 1200 grams on the left. I did not need a free nipple graft either. My breasts are perky, full, and round! I was worried about having a flattened, smaller breast, but these look almost like implants. My PS was able to do a superomedial pedicle which left me with a lot of roundness. For anyone that is afraid of pain or worried about the outcome, I highly recommend doing it.

Congratulations Rachel V! Thanks for sharing your experience. It's really encouraging to read a review like yours. My BR will be on April 11th. I can't wait! I'm 38F right now, although, most of my bras are 38 DD or DDD and somehow I squeeze into them. I'm hoping to end up a small C or big B. lol I told my PS I would ask him for an A if I thought he'd consider it. It definitely got the point across that I want him to make me as small as possible. So far, I have a lot of confidence in my PS and his staff, so I'm hoping for the best. Rest LOTS and keep us updated on how you are doing.
You will be thrilled and have so much relief on your back & shoulders you will be amazed as soon as you come out of surgery. I had my BR in early Oct. 2012 and I'm heading back April 9th for liposuction and tummy tuck with the same PS. I was kinda scared with my 1st plastic surgery (BR) but now I'm just excited to be rid of these rolls of fat and to have a flat tunny and an actual waist again. Keep in touch after your surgery & I know I'll be posting after my next surgery also. I went from a 46DDD to 46C after BR. It's a nice size for me and I'm PERKY which is wonderful. I've been so big and heavy and felt weighed down with them until my BR. I'm still heavy so I didn't want to go below a C cup. Good luck with your surgery & recovery. Remember you have lots of friends & knowledge here to help you thru.

I'm now 3 days post op, and I feel great! I could...

I'm now 3 days post op, and I feel great! I could go back to work on Monday (it is Thursday now), but I'm still going to take the next week off. The recovery has been much easier than I expected. Today, I went to the grocery store and picked up a 10 pound bag of bird seed, no problem.
I have a litle bit of itching and minor pain along the suture line under my breasts, but I think that's mostly from the sports bra going over the suture lines. I'm feeling great!

my ps told me that to take too much off would look bad in the end because of the width like was spoken of before..he stated it would leave me feeling as though i looked like a wet sock with a golf ball in it ;( because of taking out so much tissue i think you look great at the d or dd you are.. i imagine that any weight taken off must feel like heaven..i definately want smaler boobs but no wet socks ..you look amazing!! i believe also that they continue to get dmaller as the swelling goes down more i have seen on here major change all the way up to 2 months post op!!!
you look great!!!!!!!!!
Be careful about going braless so soon. Talk to your ps about it. You want them to form correctly so you may need to wear your support undergarmets for awhile longer. You do look great. I've bought some tank tops with little soft bras in them and I can't wait to wear them this summer. Before I had to have more support than they provided. Gorgeous dress by the way. I'm looking forward to wearing smaller clothes this summer after TT since now I have to buy big to try to hide the fat rolls.

I had a rough night yesterday. My pain wasn't bad...

I had a rough night yesterday. My pain wasn't bad at all, but for some reason it's gotten worse. I think it's just from the healing process. I have a lot of pain at night, when I try to go to sleep. Finding a confortable position with a billion pillows is such a challenge! The band on the sports bra really hurts the sutures under my breasts, and along my under arm area. I'm feeling much better today though. I have an appt tomorrow with the PS, which will be one week post op. I'm not sure what to expect. It's probably to early to take my stitches out, right? I will be happy with a change of the steri-strips at least. They were driving me bananas yesterday, and I sprayed them a bit with bactine which seemed to help.

happy with smaller i love your comment !!!lol!!
wow i had no idea about all the pedicle info thank you so much!!!!
I really believe they give you something that holds the pain at bay for a few days then when it wears off you hurt more than at 1st. Good luck with managing your pain.

Lots of tears at one week post- op. I think it...

Lots of tears at one week post- op. I think it was a release of physical stress that came out emotionally. Feeling much better though.

Hang in there girly!!! the first week is harder. it will catch up with u now that meds have worn off from the surgery. be careful lifting anything as u will feel better but ur girls will remind u to be careful. take it easy and dont do too much too soon. most of us have taken up to 3 weeks before feeling more normal. I myself took until week 5 before pain was better. Good luck and happy healing!
Well tomorrow is my big day... I'm nervous but excited.. I've been sick to my stomach all morning and haven't been able to sleep the last couple of nights :( I will let u guys know how everything goes tomorrow and all the details ..
Please keep us posted Carolinagirl. I'm 8 days to TT surgery and even dreaming about it at night...and that's just crazy since I had BR in October and have a good idea what to expect. Hang in there and like I said keep us posted after you're "on the other side" of your procedure. After my BR I would look down and think to myself "who's boobs are those anyway?". Not only are you going to have such a relief you will will have a new body. Have you posted pictures of before? You need to make sure you have pictures before tomorrow.

I got new steri-strips from work and decided to...

I got new steri-strips from work and decided to finally reveal the boobs without the sutures covered. It feels good to switch the steri-strips every few days anyway. Today's reveal was good and bad. The right nipple looks a lot better than lefty's, and I hope eventually they even out with the healing. The sutures along my breast and the T-zone look completely sealed! I'm sure it's not really sealed since it has only been 10 days, but it makes me optimistic about how these scars will look in the end. I think they will hardly be noticable. Anyway, the left nipple is struggling, but that's about it. I have one sore spot at the end of my suture on the left breast. I took the opportunity to clean it with soap and put some bacitracin on it. I have added a few pics of today's escapades.

was justwondering about you ...hope all is well ......you are looking fabulous!!
Congratulations you look fabulous. I didn't get steri strips because skin was stretched so thin I had to use bacitracin and gauze every day since day one and it surely worked great!! Gauze daily was a nuisance but I'm down to a couple of spots to close and very happy.I can't stop looking at them like a new car.lol still can't believe they are mine.. I'm so happy for you and your smooth recovery
Looking good Rachel V! I admire your optimism! Excuse my ignorance, but what does the bacitracin do?

I tried on a few bras at the store, and I was...

I tried on a few bras at the store, and I was fitting into the D sizes! Such great news. To be honest, I was a little distressed about the fact that I've been fitting into DDs. It must mean that some of my swelling is going down. Yay!

Hooray everything is coming thru good for you. You look fabulous!
Thanks. I peaked at the left nip today, and it looks so much better! It's amazing how much things can change in a few days. How was the TT? Have you had it done yet?
My TT is on Thursday. Excited to be on the flat side, kinda nervous about the pain.

Well, things are healing nicely. I took the...

Well, things are healing nicely. I took the steri-strips off and had another look. I'm relieved that the left side looks significantly better!! It looks as though I might end up with a little dog ear in my right cleavage. I think it's no big deal to correct later, so that may be in store for me, but maybe it'll go away. Anyway, I went back to work last week. I did a lot of paperwork, but it was still a lot of moving and activity. By 12-1pm, I would end up with a burning sensation that would last the rest of the day. I'm not sure if this from moving in a sports bra that's one size too big, or just regular healing. It's not too bad, but it's uncomfortable. I might try wearing a bra in a 38, my regular size since my sutures underneath are pretty well healed now.

Hey ladies.. I know y'all probably wondering where I been.. Lol.. I am now 9 days post op and feeling alot better then I was about 4 days ago.. My swelling is going down.. My breasts are not hard as rocks from swelling and I'm finally able to sleep.. Been having problems sleeping.. I have also noticed about mid afternoon after wearing the sports bra all day that I get this ichy burning feeling around the outter bra area near my neck line.. I just think I'm more sensitive now after the surgery.. I know my nipples are very sensitive.. I can't even stand in the shower and let water run on them lol.. Or let the sports bra brush up on them.. I have a 4x4 gauge folded in half running down the front of my sports bra to cover my nipple and incision lol cause of the sensetitivey .. Lol everybody seems to b doing great.. Keep your head up..
I get the burning to . Must be healing because its a daily thing usually late in the day' I switch between 38 and 40 sport bra . 40 feels lose but tie 38 seems short to cover entire breast . I never had strips or tape but te gauze is so annoying il be glad when I don't need that anymore it's irritating but better than those loads I was carrying around and this gets better everyday
You might want to try surgical tape on your incisions; it will make them heal flatter and thinner. You can buy it in any pharmacy. I wonder how long this burning will last....

I can't stop flashing people! hahahaha! Call Joe...

I can't stop flashing people! hahahaha! Call Joe Francis, I need to get on Girls Gone Wild! I flashed 3 coworkers today. I feel like they need to see the new boobies as they look better and better. I'm very pleased with my healing. I was a little concern about having flat nipples, but that has started to diminish. They are finally coming back to life!

Congratulations looking fabulous!!
Thanks! I'm feeling better too. How are you?
I'm doing fabulous except the soreness and hardness buts learning its from overdoing it to quick . First day dr released me l went way overboard. Yoga work and cleansed house .. ..! Arnt out boobs just amazing!!!

I have been feeling back to my old self. I have...

I have been feeling back to my old self. I have some itching, but oteherwise things are healing well.

The suit looks great on you and I LOL'd because of course your husband picks the suit with the plunging neckline. He must be happy about the new girls too. You look amazing, I have boob envy :)
Thanks!! I wouldn't even be upset if a wave hit me and a boobie popped out, lol!!
Your swimsuit looks incredible! Getting a cute one-piece that isn't laden with underwire is something I am looking forward to the most! You look great :)

Not much is new. My itching and random pains have...

Not much is new. My itching and random pains have stopped. I'm really looking forward to summer this year & all the new clothes I can wear!

I was a 38H and I am about a 38D, I had my surgery on September 15th and I am having alot of pain and swelling with my left breast, it looks like my incision at the bottom is separating, I was told to keep silvadene on it but it is excruciating, but you look wonderful
You are looking great!! I too was a 38H, now I'm not sure if I am a 38C or D. Still waiting for the swelling to go down. The healing process has been good, although I believe I still have some sutures left in me. Hopefully, I will be able to post pictures soon.
You are looking great. I am six weeks po and i too have rather flat nips. Worried because the left one has left the building!! I have sensation on the right, but my prolem left boob isnt very happy. I am encouraged that you are having a return of sensation..
Panama City Plastic Surgeon