Waiting to Get It Done! - Palo Alto, CA

In some ways, I feel it may be premature for me to...

In some ways, I feel it may be premature for me to write this review, but I'll write it nonetheless.

My back-story: I am a 33-year-old female Sergeant in a local police department. I state my occupation only because as a result of my job, I've had a ridiculous number of injuries, partially leading to my weight gain. During my 20s, I weighed anywhere between 120-135 pounds (I'm 5'6"). I had a number of fractures and surgeries in my 20s, yet I was able to keep the weight off. As soon as I hit my 30s, the weight piled on. I attribute that to many things: a foot fracture, a crappy diet, a miserable relationship/marriage and finally an SI joint injury.

I am now 194 pounds (193.8 per their scale, but who's counting?). That is huge for me! For the past ~6 months, my weight has stabilized. I have the back injury, which makes it difficult to do very much in the way of exercising. For the past few months, I have incorporated a walking plan into my lunch break - about 4-5 days/week I try to walk 3-4 miles per day on my lunch break. I've been eating healthier and trying to take better care of myself overall. It isn't working!!

I found this website and read a few reviews in addition to the other research I've done and decided to take the plunge and try Smart Lipo. I am presently in the surgical center adjacent to my doctor's office, waiting to get my procedure done. Surprisingly, I'm not terribly nervous. Neither am I anxious, scared or anything like that at all. I am laying on the gurney hoping that they'll just get to me soon so I can begin my recovery.

I have realistic expectations of the procedure and its outcome. In no way am I expecting this to be a weight-loss solution, but taking the ~13 pounds of fat out of me that the doctor believes he can get out would help my overall health and hopefully any injuries I have as well. Half of me wants it for the cosmetic side/vanity, the other part of me wants it for my health. I had to stretch the truth with my nieces so they don't get scared seeing me post-surgery by telling them that I am getting a surgery for my back to get better. I don't need the poor girls having body issues at such a young age!!

I feel like there's something I want to add, pre-operatively, but I can't think what. I apologize in advance for any type-os. I'm doing this on an iPad. I will get back to you later tonight or tomorrow after the anesthesia has worn off!

Bay Area Plastic Surgeon

Five stars thus far!

So how did it go? any pictures to post? Are you happy with the results so far?

Hi Abrady21!

I am excited to see how your recovery goes!  Was your focus at all about body contouring our more about taking weight off of areas that were bothering you?    That is tough you are comfortable at a certain weight and injuries have caused you to not be where you would like to be.

How are you feeling now?

Thanks for the update,