Surgery Scheduled for Wed. 8/17/2011 - Palo Alto, CA

Hello Everyone! Less than 1 week to go now. I am...

Hello Everyone! Less than 1 week to go now. I am 33, ever since my teens I have felt very self-conscious about my nose. I have what I think is a large bump and I have always felt that overall my nose was too large for my face and other features.

I also have a deviated septum so I will be having a septoplasty and rhinoplasty with hopes of removing my bump and reducing the size of the tip. If you wish to see pics I have posted a couple on a blog I started, http://nobodynose-nosejobblog.tumblr.com/.

Thank you all for your reviews and support. Reading everyone’s stories has helped me so much along the way. I am still feeling very anxious (and excited) so if anyone has any advice on how to calm pre-op nerves please let me know.

Thank you for the well wishes Luna. Your surgery is coming up very soon too! Good thoughts and good luck to you too.

Thank you for the advice Angie. A reminder to breath, lots of deep breaths is much appreciated. Yes, my doctor is board certified and does specialize in rhinoplasty, I feel like I am in good hands. I will update my review as it all progresses.

Can't wait to see how it goes! You'll do great!

I had the same thing done (rhino-septo) with the hump shaved and bump on tip removed. I hope all goes very well for you. Please continue to update here and let us know how you're feeling.

Take lots of deep breaths and realize that as long as you have a board certified doctor who specializes in rhinoplasty and whom you trust, everything will be just fine. The surgery is over before you know it and, in general, there's not a lot of pain. Just a lot of stuffiness (and some ick, but you can handle that).

We'd love to see before and after pics! :)

Home from surgery, about 6 hours post op. I was...

Home from surgery, about 6 hours post op.

I was very nervous last night. I kep doubting whether or not I was making a good choice, the time leading up to surgery was very stressful. Once I arrived at the office this morning at 7am I knew there was no going back so the stress subsided.

I first met with the nurse, she had me change and do nasal spray 3 times every ten minutes. Then I met with my doctor and reviewed the plan. Next, anesthesiologist. Everyone was so nice and helped put me at ease. I was dreading the IV but it was so easy. I had a quick shot of a pain killer then a plastic catheter was inserted. I felt it, but it was not excruciating like other needle experiences that I have had in the past.

By around noon I was awake, I saw my doctor one more time. He said that I had a very deviated septum but that all went very well. By 1230 I was on my way home.

The surgery was actually easier then I antipicated, but the pain since i've been home has been worse than I thought it would be.

It's not horrible but my jaw, teeth and upper gum are very sore. I have a lot of pressure behind my eyes and nose. I am able to breath through my nose which is great, but I am not. I also have a sore throat and a bit more bleeding than I expected. This is strange, but my right heel on my foot is very sore, I don't recall hitting it, weird.

Thank you again everyone fo the support. Please let me know if you have any questions.

Cast off today, I have added a couple of photos.

Cast off today, I have added a couple of photos.
you can definitely see a difference in the photo you have uploaded. How are you feeling now? I go for my one month post-op to see my dr. tomorrow @ 1 pm. As of right now, I am kinda Unsure about the whole procedure. I feel like I can't really tell a difference. I am hoping it is just swelling that is discouraging my thoughts. we will see tomorrow.... :)

I am 13 days post-op. Everyday I love my nose...

I am 13 days post-op. Everyday I love my nose more and more. I know there is still swelling in the tip and on the columella so I can't wait to see the final results.
Looks really good! :)
Yes, Dr. Most, he was fantastic, I only have great things to say about him. Yup, still swollen...sigh. :( I think I need to order some more Arnica.
Did Dr Sam Most do the surgery? I only heard good things about him. It turned out nice, but still swollen I can see.