Surgery Scheduled for Wed. 8/17/2011 - Palo Alto, CA

Hello Everyone! Less than 1 week to go now. I am...

Hello Everyone! Less than 1 week to go now. I am 33, ever since my teens I have felt very self-conscious about my nose. I have what I think is a large bump and I have always felt that overall my nose was too large for my face and other features.

I also have a deviated septum so I will be having a septoplasty and rhinoplasty with hopes of removing my bump and reducing the size of the tip. If you wish to see pics I have posted a couple on a blog I started, http://nobodynose-nosejobblog.tumblr.com/.

Thank you all for your reviews and support. Reading everyone’s stories has helped me so much along the way. I am still feeling very anxious (and excited) so if anyone has any advice on how to calm pre-op nerves please let me know.

Home from surgery, about 6 hours post op. I was...

Home from surgery, about 6 hours post op.

I was very nervous last night. I kep doubting whether or not I was making a good choice, the time leading up to surgery was very stressful. Once I arrived at the office this morning at 7am I knew there was no going back so the stress subsided.

I first met with the nurse, she had me change and do nasal spray 3 times every ten minutes. Then I met with my doctor and reviewed the plan. Next, anesthesiologist. Everyone was so nice and helped put me at ease. I was dreading the IV but it was so easy. I had a quick shot of a pain killer then a plastic catheter was inserted. I felt it, but it was not excruciating like other needle experiences that I have had in the past.

By around noon I was awake, I saw my doctor one more time. He said that I had a very deviated septum but that all went very well. By 1230 I was on my way home.

The surgery was actually easier then I antipicated, but the pain since i've been home has been worse than I thought it would be.

It's not horrible but my jaw, teeth and upper gum are very sore. I have a lot of pressure behind my eyes and nose. I am able to breath through my nose which is great, but I am not. I also have a sore throat and a bit more bleeding than I expected. This is strange, but my right heel on my foot is very sore, I don't recall hitting it, weird.

Thank you again everyone fo the support. Please let me know if you have any questions.

Cast off today, I have added a couple of photos.

Cast off today, I have added a couple of photos.

I am 13 days post-op. Everyday I love my nose...

I am 13 days post-op. Everyday I love my nose more and more. I know there is still swelling in the tip and on the columella so I can't wait to see the final results.