I'm 20 years old, female, and have a very recessed chin - Chin Implant - Palo Alto, CA

Just some background, I'm 20 years old, female,...

Just some background, I'm 20 years old, female, and have a very recessed chin and a pad of fat below my chin due to genetics. I'll put up pictures when I can.

I just had the surgery today, so I'm listing "Not Sure" right now because there's no way to tell if the result is good or bad. I'm pretty swollen, and there is already some pretty gnarly bruising extending down my neck. I wasn't expecting to bruise this quickly. so that's a litte worrying, but I'm sure it will be okay. I have thin skin and do bruise easily, but I wasn't anticipating having bruising this soon or this dark, or this far down my neck.

The pain and discomfort has been pretty substantial. I have pain medicine and Valium prescribed by my doctor, but neither has been working so far.

I can already see that my profile is definitely extended, but I'm not sure how much of that is due to swelling. I din't want to get my hopes up too soon! If anyone has experience with immediate bruising like I'm having, I would really appreciate it!

Before Pictures

48 Hours Post Surgery

Still a lot of swelling and bruising on neck and on chin.

48 Hours Post Surgery

Everything looks good, except that the front of my chin is starting to pucker. I don't know if this is temporary (I hope so!). It WAS like this before the surgery, apparently it's the muscle showing through. I was hoping the implant would fix it (the doctor told me it would) so I'm trying to be patient and not start to worry too quickly.

I can't open my mouth very wide and there is still a lot of tightness and numbness throughout my neck and lower lip.

3 Days Post Surgery

The bruising is a bit better, as is the puckering on the front of my chin. I'm becoming a bit disappointed, because my chin isn't as prominent as I would have liked it to be. Ideally, the forehead and chin should line up while looking from the side, and my chin is still not quite there. I understand that maybe this is something that could not have been achieved though, given that my chin was very far recessed to begin with. You can only push it forward so much. It's DEFINITELY an improvement though, so I'm happy.
I am still eating mushy foods because it hurts to chew. The pain is decreasing day by day, although I am still very swollen and numb.

One Week Post Surgery

All the bruising is gone, stitches are out, no more pain, and swelling is much better!
Palo Alto Plastic Surgeon

Dr. Commons is a super cute man, and I knew right away that he would take good care of me. Never having had experience with plastic surgery or surgery in general, I asked a lot of dumb questions ("Can the lipo suction tube stab through my neck?") but he was always very patient. One thing I would have liked to know about: Pricing is going to be expensive because costs vary by region. So, depsite being a poor college student, because I live in a well-to-do-area, it automatically costs more. Secondly, Dr. Commons is old-school and does not use digital imaging. This might make some people uneasy, since many doctors can and will show you a projection of what you will look like after your procedure. Dr. Commons chooses to make the decision during surgery, and he tests out implants. he and his nurses decide which one looks best. I decided to trust him, but even then it's a little scary to have no say in the final product. Thirdly, patients are responsible for surgeries to correct or remove the implant.