Thermage Left Me Permanently Scarred! - Palm Beach, FL

I went to a doctor in Palm Beach, FL for this...

I went to a doctor in Palm Beach, FL for this procedure several years ago. After a couple of years I noticed indented scarring that looked like I had acne growing up. Through the years these indentations got worse.

I wrote to Solta Medical, and after several months they got back to me. I spoke to a rep there, and again waited. Finally an 'outside consultant' called me back. I provided all the info they asked for and even went back to the doc in Palm Beach for photos to be taken.

In the end, Solta Medical has refused to do anything for me to fix the problem. You can definitely see 'graph-like' indentations on my face. I'd stay away from Thermage!

I am sorry this happened to you. If you have not, please file a report with the FDA, via their adverse event report filing system. This might help protect others in the future. It is important to have an official record of these injuries so that they are documented. There is no time limit for filing the report. It is never too late to file.

Your name and the name of the doctor will not be on public display but only viewable by the FDA. If you reported this outcome to your doctor it was their obligation to notify the mfg, who was then supposed to file a report with the FDA but that does not always happen. Each patient still needs to file their own report with the FDA so you will have a voice and you can be sure the damage was reported and documented.

You can file the report online at this link below, just click the "Begin" button to the right. You will need the manufacturer and model (or at least that would be helpful) of device that harmed you.

Hi robin,

I'm so sorry. I'm glad though that you wrote this review so others will be aware and not have the same thing happen to them. Please keep us updated of what you will do next.

-Britt

It's so frustrating cause these scars are so noticeable and everyone thinks (I've asked or they've commented) that I had terrible acne growing up! I never did. What apparently happened was the laser was too high or too hot and it burnt my lower layers of skin.
It's a shame that Solta won't fix this problem, although they have admited to me that many women have been scarred by Thermage.
I finally found a doctor/treatment that will work, however it is expensive ($6,000 and might be needed to do it at more than once), and Solta who at first were very receptive, now are not claiming responsibility....although verbally they did admit it. Put it in writing and that admission disappeared.
It's sad cause I'm scarred, they makes millions and millions on us, and they won't fix what they broke.
Thanks,
Robin

1) Would you please share with me which procedure ($6,000) that you have found and said will work?

2) I am curious if whom is at fault is your physician who set the intensity of the laser rather than the machine itself or its manufacturer. I am assuming that the machine has a method for setting the intensity as well as how long the laser is left in a certain area (its dwell time) can also make a difference.

Hi robin,

Oh my that's crazy, one you had to wait so long, and two you had this happen, I'm so sorry. I'm glad you wrote to the company. So many community members just deal with what happened, I'm glad you at least made them talk to you. Please keep us updated as to what you do next.

Thanks,