36 Crowding & Overbite - Pakenham, AU

I've always been conscious of my teeth. They're...

I've always been conscious of my teeth. They're not so bad that people would comment but they are far from perfect. I notice them most in pics with my friends who all have gorgeous straight smiles. So I'm now on day 2 of tray 1 of 16 trays & I'm full of fear! Firstly I've had virtually none of the pain that other reviewers describe. This makes me wonder if it's doing anything. I'm so self conscious at the miment I actually avoided a friend at the supermarket today. I have alot of attachments which kinda makes mine stand out a bit. It's a battle getting them off & at times I've thought I'm not going to be able to get them out. I actually love that it's hard to snack & that I have to grab a bottle of water instead of Coke. A healthier lifestyle is a big plus that I can see so far! So far the whole process from online enquiry to first tray fitting has been about 4 months. Can anyone tell me if sugarfree mints are okay to eat with your trays in? I also bought a breath freshener spray but I'm not sure if I should be using it.

Half way there!!

I'm just starting aligner 8 of 16. My how time flies when you're having fun! The truth is that having invisalign sucks big time. It impacts on your social life, work life & home life. But OMG is it worth it. Im not even half way and I couldn't be happier! For those couple of hours a day I get without this thing in my mouth You can't get the smile off my face. I have heaps of attachments and I still feel like my smile is amazing already. All my trays so far have been a comfortable fit and I'd describe the pain as reasonable. I get a bit of tenderness for the first week of each tray and just avoid eating anything chewy or hard. Unless it's chocolate and then I just push through it!!! At this point I'm happy to say for me Invisalign is worth it. Why didn't I do this sooner?!!!

Last day of final aligner

I'm now nearing the end of my invisalign journey. I can now tell you all that the whole process had been totally worthwhile. My last 6 weeks have been the hardest as I've had another attachment added & had to wear a rubber band on one tooth to try & pull it down (see my pics) It's been fiddly & frustration. I've swallowed a few after losing my grip & pretty much shooting it off the back of the aligner straight down my throat!!! I do have some small gaps at the gum line beside a couple of teeth but that's kind of unavoidable. My teeth are straight and that's all I care about. I'm looking forward to getting the attachments off & hopefully start some whitening treatments.

Attachments gone.... For now!

The finish line is in sight with some small refinements pending for 2 stubborn top teeth. I have a bonded wire on my bottom teeth & have to keep wearing my last retainer on the top til my retainer arrives. Back in 6 weeks for refinements. For now I have no attachments & I'm loving myself sick!!!! I have sensitive teeth so attachment removal was pretty uncomfortable & unpleasant! I was worried from some other reviews that the tooth surface would be rough & damaged. Happy to report that Dr Li has done a fab job & my teeth are smooth & beautifully polished considering I do have existing enamel damage. I couldn't be happier at this point in time!!
Straight Smiles

Very friendly & professional staff & Dr.