Cant Wait to Be Personally Satisfied with my Appearance - Owings Mills, MD

Hi, in 24 years old.Ive always hated my nose....

Hi, in 24 years old.Ive always hated my nose. Always. Was made fun of since I can remember. My newfoundland dog broke it when I was younger, and that just made matters worse. I can not wait to finally look the way I want to, regardless of who thinks I shouldnt have this proceedure. Im super nervous, anxious, and constantly reading these blogs. My surgery is a week from tomorrow and im already having trouble sleeping at night just thinking about it, imagining the process, and anticipating my recovery. My pre-op is tomorrow and my final consultation with my doctor. I keep thinking to myself how i just cant wait until Next month when all of this will be behind me. I have a good support system, My mother is going with me to the surgery, and so is my boyfriend ( who hates the idea that im getting my nose done.) and all of my friends think it is a good idea and they cant wait to see the results. Im writing this blog because I know everyone elses blogs helped me with what to expect and gave me a litle more confidence that everything will be okay. I also think that writing my feelings down will help me get rid of the anxiety a little bit. although, I am just so nervous.

Good luck! The wait is nearly over! Can't wait to hear how it goes
I am surely anxious, however its really only at night, after my boyfriend rolls over and goes to sleep my mind goes insane. I think about the proceedure and what i think will happen and how he will do the actual surgery. I honestly think the worst part of this whole thing is the wait. I wish I was getting surgery tomorrow, rather than waiting this past week. The doctor said that the specific surgery I am requesting will not have a lot of pain. He said that form 1-10 pain scale my pain shouldnt peak beyond a 5. Lets hope hes correct. thank you for the encouragement.
Best of luck to you! I know what it's like to obsess over a nose... it's normal !!! I had many, many moments where I would just sit back, close my eyes, and try to imagine exactly how my surgery day would unfold. With your mom and boyfriend supporting you, you will be just fine! Keep us posted :-)

Soooo, tomorrow is the day. Im actually...

Soooo, tomorrow is the day. Im actually surprisingly not that nervous, yet. Im more excited than anything. I think Im not as nervous because I was so nervous last week, that I lost sleep and now Im looking forward to it and to get the anxiety over with. I spoke with the nurse at the Surgery center, she explained things like taking out all of my piercings (i have 20 eeek) and make sure I dont wear my contacts, and wear comfy clothes, like a button down. Im scared tho, because mom just texted me, and she said she has the Stomach Flu ( i just had that New Years eve and it was bruuuutal) so I know she wont be able to come with me tomorrow =/ Luckily my boyfriend will be there, but no one compares to a Mom when you're scared and are afraid of coming out of the anesthesia. Im a big girl tho, ill be fine I suppose. Im all prepared at home, got my gauze and neosporin, and that "arnacia" gel that everyone is raving about. I will hopefully post more later, I need to run and go get mom some gatorade and chicken noodle and go drop it off to her, The Stomach bug makes you so sick that you're immobile. Update later.

Good luck tomorrow! You will be fine!
Good luck today! I think you are going to look fabulous! You have beautiful eyes and now they'll get all the attention :) I'm excited to see your transformation.
All the best for your surgery. I had mine about 15 hours ago and am still in hospital. It went really well and I look forward to adding pics when I get home. Don't stress, you are in great hands :)

Holey moley, I leave for surgery center in one...

Holey moley, I leave for surgery center in one hour, I was up at 1240, 230, 430 and then just stayed awake from 430 till now. I had horrible cold chills and night sweats, which really freaked me out. I suppose I'm just nervous. I texted my friend who is a Respiratory Therapist (she works nights so luckily she replied to me right away) and she said I was just psyching myself out and to breathe in my mode and out my mouth and try to relax, it helped a lot. So other than being terribly scared I am doing ok. And Mom texted me and said she's feeling much better and is in fact going to be able to come with me. I'll post more later. Everyone please say a prayer for me, God is the only one right now who can calm me and give the surgeon wisdom and precision. Thank you!

Thank you for the compliment, I leave for surgery center in one hour. I'll update according to how I feel afterward.
I live in Australia and my PS likes to keep his patients in hospital overnight to recover.

Im back from the surgery. I went in yesterday at...

Im back from the surgery. I went in yesterday at 6:45 am and got home by 12. I was walked back to the sugery prep rooms, got gowned up, and had to wear massaging leg stockings, ( to promote blood flow) and then the nurse took my vitals and prepped me with an IV, started the dehydration drip, then waited for a few mins, and then went back to the anesthesia room. I was on the table for about 1 min, and then thats all I remember. I woke from anesthesia to a nice nurse calling my name and feeding me ice chips. I waited in the recovery room for an hour and then mom and Ryan came in to get me. We got home and then the internal ansthesia (in my nose) started to wear off. Then the pain hit like a ton of bricks. I took a percocet and that did nothing, and then took some Advil and that finally made it feel a little better. I kept tiny bags of Peas on my face all day. that helped reduce the swelling and keep bruising away. When I say all day, I mean all day. every 20 mins or so my boyfriend would go rotate and get me another bag. I didnt get much sleep, because im not used to sleeping in a recliner or on my back. I woke up a few times in the middle of the night, and woke up for the day around 8:30. Mom came over and kept me company (ryan works all day) and she helped me with my meds and my peas. I took 4 advil early, and when they wore off the pain was very bad, so I broke down and took 2 percocet. Best idea yet, It wasnt working yesterday, but today it knocked out my pain entirely. the only thing is that it makes me dizzy, so im staying still and laying down. I am hoping that I have found a solution to my pain when it gets that bad. I will post pictures.

you're pretty already, the nose will be the icing on top. Btw you and your bf make an adorable couple can't wait to see cast off
Happy healing! Thanks for your posts! It's a week before my surgery and I'm looking at all these posts to feel more prepared! Haha best wishes
You're a very pretty lady and you have gorgeous eyes! I hope your pain is doing better now and I am glad to hear that your mom was able to go with you after all! I see that you are using a U shape pillow; I LOVED mine while I had to sit up while I slept. It was so helpful to keep my head in place. Look forward to seeing your after photos. Take care and happy healing!

So, today is three days post surgery, was feeling...

So, today is three days post surgery, was feeling really crappy this morning, afraid to go have the doctor explore up my nose looking for splints. Glad I did it now tho, I feel definitely better. Obviously not as good as before the surgery or months down the road, but better. The splints were about one to two inches long, I didn't realize they could fit that deep into my face. They weren't really painful coming out, just like really uncomfortable and nerve wracking. After they were removed I took two more percocet and took a nap, and after that I haven't had to use the Percocet anymore. Just Advil. Can't wait to get the cast off, and finally be able to walk around and feel good for most of the day.

Thank you! I'll post pics as soon as I get the cast off and am feeling up to par.
Hey! Good luck! Please message me if you have any questions, ill tell you anything you want to know.
Thank you for the compliments! I appreciate them now more than ever, as I've been laying around day after day doing nothing and feeling gross and helpless. I'm feeling better now, now that the splints inside were removed.

Today is day 4 post op, Still feeling pretty...

Today is day 4 post op, Still feeling pretty crappy. I didnt sleep lastnight. I took 2 percocet and I hallucinated a little bit, that freaked me out so much that I ran to my boyfriends room and woke him up. I was very frightened. Today during the day I have been relaxing a lot, got my 2nd shower of the week (gross i know) and have been only taking advil and tylenol, up until about 730 tonight, I had to take one percocet. The annoying pressure and constant pain was too much to bare. So i took one, and didnt hallucinate luckily. Im considerably dizzy though, I think that it is a combination of all the meds, the surgery, and my lack of sleep. I do think that If the dizziness persists that I will have to call my doctor tomorrow. If anyone has any advice or information on that, that would be amazing.

Hi, I am on day 5 and have been having the same issues and frustrations. The biggest problem I think is the lack of sleep... this morning I actually was crying for a half hour because it seemed that most people are back to normal within a few days and I still felt horrible. I know I would feel better if I was sleeping during the night. But to give you a little hope this evening I actually started to feel better, i was able to eat a real meal (even though it was only a grilled cheese) it made me feel even a little better. The mornings are especially frustrating for me because of how tired I am but hang in there if you're like me tomorrow afternoon will be a turning point in your recovery. Good luck!
I was extremely dizzy too! I hated it, but it's a common side of effect of the pain meds =/ I rathered be dizzy then have the horrible pain on my nose when I didn't take the pain meds. You can still call your doctor to make sure though and maybe he'll advice you something to reduce the dizziness. Hope you feel better. :)
You look gorgeous even with your cast on!!! Can't wait to see your gorgeous new nose!

Ok ok ok, so today is day 5 post op. I...

Ok ok ok, so today is day 5 post op. I finallllllly slept through the night (with the help of 2 sleeping ills and a Percocet) and it finally felt so good to wake up with some feeling of life. I'm still dizzy, took a decongestant to drain the fluid in my ears, so hopefully ill feel better shortly. My BIG QUESTION of the day is: is anyone else's nose (or was it) taped upward on the tip????? Mine is taped up like a pig nose, and I'm praying that's just some tape tactic to help set my nose or something. I keep looking at my nose and start to freak out, everything else looks okay, except that I can practically look up my nostrils straight on. Please someone tell me this is normal and that my nostrils will drop down back to normal once the tight tape is removed?!

Don't worry, the tip will eventually drop! :)
You look pretty already...even with your bandage on.
My tip is tapped upward too.

Today is day 6, Post op. I feel awesome. (as...

Today is day 6, Post op. I feel awesome. (as awesome as one could feel with a cast on your face and some stitches inside your nose) But in comparison to all the other days, day 6 has been lovely. I finally cleaned up the house and did laundry. Today is just a good day for preparing for the remainder of the week, as I start back at work on wednesday. I get the cast removed tomorrow. How does that feel? can anyone brace me for it? I have a feeling its going to not feel plesant, but what all should I expect?

Yep, my tip was taped up also and the day I came home from surgery I thought I looked like a pig! I was happy to wear the drip pad cuz it covered up my nostrils lol. Of course, by the time my cast was removed (8 days post-op) the swelling had subsided to the point that I no longer looked piggish, but the tip was still upturned. It dropped pretty much immediately after cast removal and by the end of the day it didn't look upturned at all.
oh good, I was very very nervous that the Dr. made my nose like that for good haha, I was borderline tears just thinking about it.
good thank you =)

Dear god someone help! I'm supposed to go back to...

Dear god someone help! I'm supposed to go back to work tomorrow, I don't merely have a desk job where I can hide in my office all day (I wish!!) I am a Chiropractic Assistant, I work with over 100 patients on a daily basis, very personal and up close. I am dreading going in tomorrow because my nose is sooo swollen. Like really bad, almost worse than when I got the cast off. I need to know, if anyone else had this issue of super swelling, and if it looked any better the next day?

You look sooo pretty! I agree with everyone else, your eyes stand out even more now! Don't worry too much about the swelling, it WILL go down. Mine was huge the first couple days and it gradually got smaller. I doubt it'll be that noticeable. Good luck at work! :)
Thank you!!!! The swelling has gone down in the bridge, but it's still very large in the tip. However, little by little it goes down so I'm pretty happy. Today is 2weeks post op.
WOW! You look amazing! Congrats! you're eyes totally pop even more than before! I love it it just fits your face so much better. ;)

Alrighty, it's been a good while since I've...

Alrighty, it's been a good while since I've updated. Sorry! Everything is all good. I posted some photos today. Yesterday marked 3weeks postop and I also went to see the doctor again. He literally was in the exam room with me for 2 mins. He looked up my Nose and said "looks good" he touched the bumps on the side if my nose and said they will shrink over months and then I asked about the thick stitches that are still up in my nose n he assured me they will come out on their own eventually. And I scheduled an appt for 3 months from now, and was on my way out the door. I still use the "arnica" gel for swelling at night and take 2-5 Advil throughout the day if my Nose starts to ache. I have been sleeping in Ryan's bed again and I just put 2 pillows in between us so he doesn't roll over w/o realizing it and hit me in the face. So overall things are good, slowly healing.

Hey! How's your nose doing? Still happy with your results? :)
Hello! I'm sooo happy with my nose. I feel like a whole new girl. I finally feel beautiful. It's healing nicely. Thanks for asking!
You look stunning your results suit u so much and will look even better in time..though i dont know why your ps told you 4-6 is the final appearance cause itll be around 1 year or more before your final result so dont freak out if it still looks a tad swollen for a while :)

It's been 3 months since my surgery and I'm...

It's been 3 months since my surgery and I'm healing well. Slowly getting the doctors bills and paying those off. It's worth it. Idk how else today it, other than "it was the best decision I've made for myself". It's difficult because everyone wants to put their input into your decision making, and as much as we love our family, and our friends, and spouses, they're not the ones with the imperfect nose... You are. You are the one who has to deal with it the rest if your life. Don't make a decision based off of anything anyone else says! Trust me, only ONE person other than myself wanted me to get a nose job. It was my best friend Melissa. Everyone else tried to scare me away from it, or tell me I was pretty w/o it, some even begged me not to.... My nose, my life, my decision. Don't forget that. Guess what?, every person who was drilling me about not getting a nose job, is now applauding me and my bravery to be the first person in my family and extended family to opt into a scary surgery and come out with outstanding results. If something doesn't feel right to you then you'll know it and feel it deep inside. Do it!!!! It will completely change your life!!!!!

You look good. I'd prefer people nurture their inner beauty -- and I think that can be done with or without surgery. When you radiate from within you radiate on the outside. (This is my opinion -- I'm a guy, not claiming to speak for all guys.)
Ummm thanks I guess? Unless you've grown up with a large nose you'll never understand. I do not disagree that happiness is also on the inside, however it's nice to feel beautiful in the way that you imagine yourself to look.
You made a really good point on one of your photos. (stop worrying about it and get the surgery) This made me feel a little better! :) You look gorgeous!!

TEN MONTHS POST OP =)

can we get a frontal after picture now that you're 10 months post op? you look great!
Your results are great! Your new nose fits your face much better. I love the profile too. :)
Looks amazing! I wish I was as lucky as you- I am looking to get a second revision in another country :(

Frontal view photos

Really loving your results!!
You look fantastic! It's so natural. Nobody can say you were not born with that nose. Let me ask you a few questions: Were there days during the healing process that you loved you nose and days that you hated it? Have you ever had the impression that the tip was larger after the rhino than it was before the procedure? I'm asking all these questions because these are the feelings that I have now, one month after the surgery. Some days I love it, some days I hate it. Some days I find the tip is okay, some days I think it is way too bulky. LOL. And in the morning, when I wake up, I absolutely hate it, but by the end of the day, I think it's fine. LOL.
That's exactly the way I still feel !!! And I hate it at the most when I smile (front view)

One year since surgery.

Please join RealSelf or sign in.

Loving my new appearance!

Your eye color is mesmerizing. Definitely brought it out more!! Nose looks great and natural.
really beautiful!

More photos

Hi! You look great! I wanted to ask you a few things: I'm 19 and have always wanted a nose job. I've been bullied over my nose (big dorsal bump) and I just hated everything about it. I forced myself a couple weeks ago to schedule a consultation and I went to it yesterday. I'm in college and would love to have it before school starts and the nurse let me know there was an opening on July 16th. After hours of me going insane thinking about if I should go through with it because it is such an important decision and it seemed like everything was happening so fast (but I DO want to get it over with), I emailed the office manager back confirming it, and now my pre-op is in a couple days. I dont know why, because I love the way my nose looks in the simulation images, but for some reason I'm finding reasons why I shouldn't do it, even though I want it so bad. I will be so much happier and I will be more confident. Did you go through this constant mental battle or is it just normal to feel this anxious?
Hello. Well I kind of went through that battle but not as intense as it sounds like you are ensuring. I went back and forth in my head but never actually didn't want it. I am telling you right now it has changed my life 100%. I used to get made fun of so so badly and of it wasn't to my face then it was behind my back and everyone just had something to say. Honestly, if you see a pretty girl out somewhere and then you see her big nose you think "wow she would be so much better looking if she didn't have such a big nose". I'm guilty, I think that all the time about people, and I feel like I had a right to because I was that girl. I don't think I could love my nose job anymore than I do. I haven't gotn so many complements in my entire life compared to the past year and a half after the surgery. It might sound bold, but I don't mean it to sound that way, it's all honesty. I felt super anxious the closer it got and I just accepted that I was nervous and was going to do it anyway!
Hey! Your nose looks beautiful :) How swollen was your bridge the second week? My nose looks HUGEEEEEEEEEE, I mean, the bridge is huge. The type of our noses are similar especially your nose at week 3. Did it get smaller for sure after week 2???

If they could see me now...

I finally feel like when I go out in public people aren't secretly making fun of my nose behind my back like they all did pre-rhinoplasty. I wish everyone from high school that made fun of me could see me now! I would tell them to proudly kiss my ass! =)

Love it:)!

More engagement photos

I would probably feel so unhappy with my engagement photos of it weren't for my new look.

Wow I loved your journey it really gives me that extra push of confidence that I need everytime I have mixed feelings about getting my rhinoplasty :) I have my surgery scheduled for Dec 18th and I keep on reading everyone's experience because I'm so scared of surgery. You look great !!! Congrats on your engagement you guys make such a cute couple :)
Hello.
You look great!
Dr. Mark Mashburn

My Primary Care physician referred me to Dr. Mashburn. My mother had sinus surgery about 10 years ago by another physician in his office. Everything seemed right, and he made me feel very comfortable.