Going In This Morning for Tummy Tuck and Breast Augmentation (Age 34, Mother of 3)

Well today is the big day. I am going in for tummy...

Well today is the big day. I am going in for tummy tuck and breast augmentation. I am a 34 mother of 3 (kids ages 12, 9 & 5). I have wanted to do this for 12 years since the birth of my 1st. I am thin however the damage to my stomach from pregnancy was large. Even though I can eat right, exercise etc. I could never get rid of the pooch and the stretch marks are very bad! My goal is to be able to wear a bikini again next summer. I have finally gotten up the nerve to do it. I almost backed out the day payment needed to be made. I will update.

Dr. Moore

My prayers are with u and i wish u all the best
Sorry I haven't posted anything new! 2 weeks post op today, back at work this past Monday. I was chair bound for the first 48-72 hours and then started moving around more. Feeling great I had all drains and pump removed at 5 days post op which was a big turning point. I don't go in again until 30 days. My belly button still has some stitches that need to disolve and some yucky stuff to heal there still but my incision is healing quickly however a little higher than I had hoped for. Happy with breast augmentation the incisions there are pretty much healed. Tummy the jury is still out. I hope that there this is swelling because its flatter and stretch marks gone but seems a little flabby on sides still and when I bend over etc. Better than it was but need to wait longer to see if it was worth the suffering and the expense. I will try and post pics soon.
Mommy of 3 - Hope you are feeling better. Every day definately gets easier.
I am going for a TT, arm lift, and thigh lift on July 2. I am frantic of the risk and recovery time. I am flying in from Japan and will remain in the area 3 weeks after surgery. I do have a 7 year old and husband will accompany me. What should I expect? will I be able to walk in a few days? Excited and quite nervous.
I had mine today. I know how you feel.. Glad I did it? But feel guilty, and a little sad. So many mixed emotions.
How long was your surgery time. Please post pics and let us know how you are doing. I think looking at the scars make you wonder if it was worth it....but you deserve it and the scars will heal. Take care!
Congrat on your TT.. Hope your healing is going well, anxious to hear how you are doing!!! Cheers
The 1'st few days are the worst sweetie. Please keep your chin up, and you'll get there. Keep positive, and soon you will be loving your results. HAPPY HEALING!
Glad your doing well. I've read on other's reviews that going through the post-op blues is normal and questioning if you did the right thing. Try to keep up your spirits, will be praying for you!
Hi! Also mom of 3 (ages 2, 4 and 8) and VERY nervous about the recouperation time. My Mother's Day gift this year was a Tummy Tuck and I am very scared that with these little ones I simply won't be able to heal after surgery. You have 3 kids so please let me know how it goes. I am going to wait until school starts (the two little ones are in preschool) but I have one still in a crib. Please let me know your thoughts! Thanks in advance
Going on 72 hours today. Feeling a little depressed and regretful. Also have come down with a cough but can't get the crud out coughing hurts! Incisions hurt and itch a little hope thats nothing to worry about.
I am sorry you are feeling depression and regret. I'm sure the coughing is adding to it. If you saw my post, you will see that I too couldn't cough and get rid of the crud after my TT on 6/11/10. Therefore, I developed pneumonia and they discovered it 6/16/10. Now I am on an antiobiotic and vicodin trying to keep the pain down so I can cough it out, which just isn't happening. Its making me miserable as I was feeling so good. Hang in there - and keep that deep breathing up. Certainly wouldn't want to see anyone else go through this. In the end, surely you will be pleased with the results!!
Dear Mommy of 3, congradulations on your Tummy Tuck you just had! I had my full tummy tuck (no lipo) back in April, and I feel great, and you will too, just give it time, and don't rush things! For the swelling, I recommend a product called ZYFLAMEND by NEW CHAPTER!! It's for inflammation, and it helps so so much with the swelling that you will have. I bought mine at the Health Food Store, and I just started taking it, and I personally think it's wonderful for my swelling that I still get at night, and I'm over 2 months along, but by taking this product, I feel so much better! Anyway, just wanted to say congrats to you, and HAPPY HEALING!

Wow! What a big step. I'm really excited to hear how it's going. Before and After photos would be fabulous, too, if you're comfortable sharing.

I am about 36 hours post op. Can't wait until Tues to get pain pump and drains out. Still pain even though I have the pump. Can't wait until I am about a month down the road. I am able to stand up a little straighter today.
So happy for you! Let us know how you are doing.
Yay for you!!! Prayers and warm wishes for you.
Wishing you the best. This will be the best money you have ever spent on yourself. No regrets!