Tummy Tuck W/Flank and Inner Thigh Lipo - Overland Park, KS

I am a 24 mother of 2, and finished having...

I am a 24 mother of 2, and finished having children. I know I seem young, but havent enjoyed myself since gaining weight and find myself avoiding pictures with my young children and hating the way that I look, especially since all of my young friends still have pre baby figures!!!!! I have thought about this surgery for almost a year now. When i checked in to have my son, age 1 1/2, i weighed 220lbs at 5'4....so hard to believe. I have since then worked out and began watching what I eat...now at 165lbs, I have been approved for the surgery and am so EXCITED (nervous). I am most nervous about now being able to care for my 3 year and 1 1/2 year old. I have so much help from my husband and mother and in-laws, but since my mother and mother in-law think its pretty silly about me having this surgery, I am worried that I will push it to recover to prove to them that I can do it. I know I deserve this and pray that they will be gracious. I have had 2 previous c-sections, and had so much help, but I seem to catch a lot of slack for doing something so materialistic....Thank you for everyone posting, I am addicted to reading about others experiences and cannot wait to share my own. What a wonderful community for people with like desires. Prayers welcome!!!! :)

Welcome to RealSelf:)

Great job with the weight loss, be very proud of yourself.   The family thing can be tough if they don't understand.  My best advice on that is to keep your chin up, know that you do deserve this, and keep moving forward.  They will help you when they see that you need the help.  The one thing I have found with this surgery is that everyone has an opinion!

You are doing this for "You" and only you and do not need anyone's approval or permission.  Stay strong girlie.

When you are recovering just let thing go with the house for a while.  Don't try to do things that you know you shouldn't.  The house may fall apart for a while but who cares..LOL   You can catch up on everything later.

Today the reality is setting in!!!!!!

In one week...i am goimg to be so sore, tired and cut up, but that is the price i am willing to pay for my sexy new self! Getting prepared is so exciting...i just want it to be here already!!! I found these shorts that i wore before my pregnancys and hope to be back into them without the excess bulge!

Benderflats2, hi, how are you!? How exciting! I'll be watching for you, and I'll celebrate with you as you get closer to your date and as you heal! I hope you wake up every morning and feel like you won the lottery, lol, cuz that's how I feel since I got my TT. Ive just been so relieved and happy about it. There's nothing like it! Congratulations!

1 day post op! i feel amazing!

Yesterday (day of surgery) i woke up super anxious and nervous, but after praying all morning and thinking about how sexy im going to afterwards, i made it! When i arrived at the surgery center, i was greeted and checked in by the nicest people! My nurse took my measurements and weight, got me dressed and began my iv! I couldnt even express how nice and helpful everyone was! I had such a wonderrful experience! They then rolled me back to the operating room and began to strap me in a give me my sleepy m

Please join RealSelf or sign in.

continued...

Sleepy meds. After surgery, i was taken to recovery and rested for a couple hours! I dont remember anything while recovery except the nurses kept asking me to wake up and i was shivering from the anesthesia! The ride home was fabulous because i dont remember any of it!!! I really dont even remember getting home or walking inside! My mother and father in law walked me to my throne (the lazy boy) and the only thing i remember of the next few hours is when my father in law flipped the recliner out and i went a lot faster then he thought and it was definitely painful! I continued to rest for the next several hours without a memory of any of it!

By 7pm i woke up with my mom at my side and she waited on me hand a foot. I instantly had to go potty, and i dreaded getting up, but after walking like an old woman while leaning on my moms back, it was not so bad. I slept all through the night with minimal pain and woke up this morning sore, but over all i feel 1000x better than i even imagined! Ive had 2 c-sections but the pain from those surgerys were WAY worse than this!!! I went into this expecting it to be just as painful as a c-section but it wasnt even close! I feel really good, obviously sore and stiff but my pain is well managed i really dont hurt except where the drain tubes enter! I would do this all over again, but am most excited to see my new tummy! I will be able to take my garmet off tomorrow and cannot wait!

Welcome to the flat side!:)

5 days Post OP and Drains removed!!!!! Pictures!

I went to the doctor today to have him examine his work and decide if my drains should come out or not....THANK GOD HE TOOK THEM OUT!!!!! I honestly have had little to no pain with any sutures or incisions, but the drains hurt like nothing else i had felt before. It was a weird sensation, but the removal process didnt hurt at all, once the drains were out I immediately felt no more pain. I am now only dealing with the pain from bruising from the lipo! This entire process has been so wonderful and i really do feel like a million bucks. Obviously still swollen, i cannot see total results, but am SOOOO pleased with what i have so far. I LOVED my doctor and his nurses and surgery center and would completely recommend this procedure to anyone considering it. Dr Hall was so professional and even called me the night of surgery to check on me. I cannot wait to see full results, and would definitely return to him if i ever wanted more work!

You look GREAT! How are you feeling? You and I are similar in build and my tt/MR with lipo of waist and i/o thighs is scheduled for August 21st. How happy are you with your lipo? Could you tell a difference in your inner thighs? I hate to bombard you with questions after your surgery, I'm just curious how you feel about your results :)
Im not usually a blogger type, but i have become so obsessed with this site since beginning this process. I LOVE my TT and lipo of the flanks. Everything is still super swollen, so it is difficult to see a huge difference in my thighs yet because of the high swelling and bruising, but there is significantly less thigh rub. I cannot wait to see the fi.al product unswollen, but let me tell you.....DO EVERYTHING you want while under, recovery is so much easier when u just do it all at once! I love everything! I really am already a happier mom, wife and friend bc i feel so much better about myself! Good luck with everything, emphasis to your PS that you want him to sculpt your waist too while doimg flanks. i love it all! Highly recommended! I will post pics in a minute of the lipo bruising on my flanks. Good luck, i look forward to following your journey!
You look great! I am excited to see your review on here because I will be having a mommy makeover by Dr. Hall as well. It's good to know your experience has been positive! Happy healing!

Loving my results already

Im still sore and bed bound but already feel better as a wife, mom and friend! God made us all beautiful, but Dr. Hall really made me comfortable in my own skin!!!!

Good that u did this in such a young age . Since I was 24 I wanted to do it and every year I would come up with an excuse not to. But finally now at 31 I said I aint waiting any longer. And I couldn't b happier.
Rubix, thanks for your support...i really do feel like i won tje lottery every morning!!! I LOVE everything i had done! Thanks again!

2 weeks!!!!!!!

I am LOVING my results more and more everyday! It's so weird to look down and see a flat stomach. Not only do I love my looks, I love the way I feel! I really do feel more confident. The only thing that makes me feel weary is the curves where my incision is. It looks like an S curve and that I have 2 hip bones on each side! Does that go away??? Thanks for following my story, I would recommend this procedure 100%. If anyone has questions, please feel free to ask!

How long until you were less bed bound? Your results are gorg and your positive attitude is wonderful!
Thank you, my mom has been SO wonderful and been keeping my kiddos until i hit 3 weeks, but at about 10 days I was able to get up and do some stuff around the house and get out and about. I might have been able to be a bit more mobile sooner but my husband has literally not let me leave the couch or even lift a finger. He has been so sweet. I am finally almost fully off of pain pills as well now (2 weeks) so that helps me get up and now be so sluggish as well.

Feeling Sluggish, Sore and Ready to be Done with all of this!!!!!!

Ok so today marks 3 weeks and I have been MISERABLE the last few days! I honestly have done SO well for the first few weeks, but last weekend I was up a lot more helping out with a birthday party (not lifting heavy objects, but just walking a lot and doing things) and by Monday.....I was sick. I was using a lot of hydrocodone prior to Monday and was off of it by Tuesday, and began to get chills, nausea, headaches and just overall sick. So I dont know if i was sick from doing to much, or getting off of narcotics or just sick, so for 5 days now, I have had terrible insomnia, lots of uncomfortable feelings, sore and itchy and just miserable! Any advice? I have loved my new body and self, but being so uncomfortable this week has really sparked me some regrets!!!! After 2 c-sections, i thought I would be up and about in no time, this is a difficult recovery and even harder that my babies are only 2 and 1! I am missing the heck out of them since they have been with my mom and only come home every 2 days or so. I feel like they are going to forget who mommy and daddy are! How long should i be taking medicine? How long until i can sleep normally? When should the pain begin subsiding??????

I was wondering how your recovery is? Can you update maybe with pics? I'm 3weeks post op same doctor
Yes can u update the pics? I am going to use him in a few weeks. Ladies, can you please tell me more about how u feel, results, and his skill? Thanks
Kansas City Plastic Surgeon

I have really enjoyed Dr. Hall, he has answered all of my questions and addressed all of my concerns...his nurses also seem great. I cannot wait to meet the new me.