Finally Getting the Girls Reduced....woot! -Overland Park, KS

I'm scheduled for a breast reduction and abdominal...

I'm scheduled for a breast reduction and abdominal lipo, and even though I'm terrified, I'm really excited! I had no boobs until I got to high school, and then I quickly grew to a D cup. I'm either a 36DDD or 38DD...I'm really not sure. I wear sports bras almost constantly, unless I'm at home, in which case I rip that sucker off and throw on a hoodie immediately, even during the summer. I'm so uncomfortable both physically and psychologically, and I'm sick of it!

I look very out of shape in my pictures, but it is just the belly and boobs! I'm 5'9" and weigh around 160, but my arms and legs are fairly thin. I look like Humpty Dumpty!

Anyway, I decided to post because reading everyone's experiences has really helped me. I can't believe I'm going to post pictures...it was traumatic just taking them.

Here are the pics...

It really isn't easy to post these!

tried to find example while clothed

And I couldn't find one picture of myself without a big hoodie on or a jacket. Yeesh. My husband got me this shirt but I won't wear it.

Friday....eeks

I'm getting a bit nervous about my surgery in 3 days! I don't have any pre-op appointments, which seems unusual compared to the other stories I've read. I'm just ready to get this show on the road!

Done!

I'm home and a little loopy from the vicodin, but I'm feeling pretty good overall. Occasional stinging at incision sites, but so far so good. I haven't even really seen how they look, as I'm all bandaged up. I'm pretty exhausted, but I just keep dozing.

vicodin itchies...ugh

I am itchy everywhere! I wonder if I should take benadryl?

Late update...sorry!

I really had a very smooth journey throughout this process. I was only on painkillers for 3 days. Honestly, the worst part of the whole experience was having to sleep on my back for the first couple of weeks! It has also been in the 90s and low 100s here over the past few weeks, so wearing the compression garment was pretty uncomfortable. At nearly 3 weeks post op, my doctor gave me permission to exercise, and I had already started walking my son to school (2 miles round trip) about 5 days after the surgery. I'm still swollen both in my breasts and my stomach, but I'm totally pleased with the results so far. No idea what my bra size will end up...I'm waiting on that for now and just rocking the sports bras.

I would say to anyone who has been contemplating this for awhile...do it! I'm so glad that I did.

side by side pics...kind of fuzzy

Kansas City Plastic Surgeon

Hey! Congrats! I hope you're doing alright :))
congrats!
I was itchy all over the first two days, that's a side effect from anesthesia. It goes away after the anesthetic is flushed from your system. Drink a lot of fluids. Water, Gatorade but not things like caffeinated tea and coffee. Those are diuretics and will dehydrate you further, compounding the issue. Happy healing! Can't wait to see your after pics!! :)
Congrats! I've been itchy too so I started taking Benadryl last night.
Awe, that's great! Rest, rest, rest, friend! Hope it's all lovely. Healthy healing.
Happy Healing Stellar!!! Just keep doing what your doing & Rest rest rest .. we'll all be here for you when you get back on ;)
Oh I totally agree about posting the pics!! I was SO depressed looking at my shots. I guess seeing them from a different angle, to me, made them look 100 times worse than what I thought they looked like from my eyeballs. The good news is that made me even more determined to get this done! Only 3 more days!
Congrats!!! That's great your on the other side.... Speedy recovery
Yea i was going on the 16 for my br surgery but a week before i got the call that it had been moved too oct16... Best wishes and speedy recovery .. God bless
Wahoo! Only 3 days! Yay! You will feel so much better after!! Good luck and since you don't have a pre-op appt before, I would bring questions with you on the day of surgery. Such as reaffirming what size you want, liposuction (if you need it at the axillary area), whether or not your doc will perform a free nipple graft (you don't want to be surprised afterward), and post op instructions. Good luck and see you on the other side :)
Enjoy your last few days of lugging those girls around! I pray all goes well for you, I'm excited for you, and you look nice in your T-shirt, I can't wait to see you in it in your "after"!
Hi! Welcome, and I'm sure you'll get a ton of support and positive encouragement here! I have been overwhelmed with gratitude towards the lovely ladies on here! There is also a wealth of knowledge to be found :) Good luck to you!!!
You will be so glad that you posted those pictures once your reduction is done. I look back at mine now and think "I can't believe I survived with those things!" The before pictures make me even happier with my current results.
Hi,,, I have my BR surgery aug16 as well.... Time is moving fast now:)

Welcome to the community!  Looking forward to hearing back from you and also seeing the after pictures:)

Thank you for your bravery, posting pictures is cathartic in way. I'm conveinced that picture journal is so important especially once you're on the other side. I think weeks, months, even years down the road to see the difference is healing in itself. Congratulations! May everything go perfect!
Congrats to you for getting this done. I'm having mine done in 1 week. I was looking at your picture and to me, we look very very similar. It was a little eerie :) I will be keeping you in my thoughts and wish I was able to get my tummy lipo too, but I'm self pay and I'm out of mulla. Anyway, keep focused and start seeing what size and shape you are after. I found that to be helpful. Keep us posted!!