Finally Getting the Girls Reduced....woot! -Overland Park, KS

I'm scheduled for a breast reduction and abdominal...

I'm scheduled for a breast reduction and abdominal lipo, and even though I'm terrified, I'm really excited! I had no boobs until I got to high school, and then I quickly grew to a D cup. I'm either a 36DDD or 38DD...I'm really not sure. I wear sports bras almost constantly, unless I'm at home, in which case I rip that sucker off and throw on a hoodie immediately, even during the summer. I'm so uncomfortable both physically and psychologically, and I'm sick of it!

I look very out of shape in my pictures, but it is just the belly and boobs! I'm 5'9" and weigh around 160, but my arms and legs are fairly thin. I look like Humpty Dumpty!

Anyway, I decided to post because reading everyone's experiences has really helped me. I can't believe I'm going to post pictures...it was traumatic just taking them.

Here are the pics...

It really isn't easy to post these!

tried to find example while clothed

And I couldn't find one picture of myself without a big hoodie on or a jacket. Yeesh. My husband got me this shirt but I won't wear it.

Friday....eeks

I'm getting a bit nervous about my surgery in 3 days! I don't have any pre-op appointments, which seems unusual compared to the other stories I've read. I'm just ready to get this show on the road!

Done!

I'm home and a little loopy from the vicodin, but I'm feeling pretty good overall. Occasional stinging at incision sites, but so far so good. I haven't even really seen how they look, as I'm all bandaged up. I'm pretty exhausted, but I just keep dozing.

vicodin itchies...ugh

I am itchy everywhere! I wonder if I should take benadryl?

Late update...sorry!

I really had a very smooth journey throughout this process. I was only on painkillers for 3 days. Honestly, the worst part of the whole experience was having to sleep on my back for the first couple of weeks! It has also been in the 90s and low 100s here over the past few weeks, so wearing the compression garment was pretty uncomfortable. At nearly 3 weeks post op, my doctor gave me permission to exercise, and I had already started walking my son to school (2 miles round trip) about 5 days after the surgery. I'm still swollen both in my breasts and my stomach, but I'm totally pleased with the results so far. No idea what my bra size will end up...I'm waiting on that for now and just rocking the sports bras.

I would say to anyone who has been contemplating this for awhile...do it! I'm so glad that I did.

side by side pics...kind of fuzzy

Kansas City Plastic Surgeon