Rhinoplasty in June... - Overland Park, Kansas

I have been teased about my nose since I entered...

I have been teased about my nose since I entered middle school. Everything of mine matured early and seemed to stop growing when I turned 13, except my nose. It seemed like every year it got bigger and bigger. When I moved to a new school, people would make fun of me and call me Tucan Sam and when they saw me would yell "Tuci Tuci!".

I have also been called Jew nose and other slanders. It has caused me to have a very low self esteem and low standards when it comes to partners. I start college in August and I hope the new me will bring about confidence so that the first thing people notice about me won't be my nose for a change. Because lets face it, when we meet someone new we tend to characerize them by their flaws, even when we don't realize it.

I am not too nervous about the surgery, I trust my doctor, however I am nervous that the results won't be what I expected and I will have shoveled out all this money for nothing. He said the surgery will not be too complex since all he needs to do is shave off the bump, so hopefully my recovery time will be more minimul because I do want to enjoy my summer. I will update once the surgery is done!

How did your surgery go??

Tomorrows your big day! Thinking good thoughts for you and a swifty recovery. Do you feel prepared? Let us know if you need anything as there are tons of resources on RealSelf and the forums!

Small world. Bullies are pathetic, they used to call me the same thing.. Middle school is a tough time, especially when that's when you start to develop some sort of confidence. You're so pretty, & I'm sure that once you get your nose done, you'll feel so much better!

One year post op

So it's been a year since my surgery. I'm still not completely happy my results but my nose does look natural and has improved since befor so I am grateful for that. I severely doubt I will have a revision due to how my body reacts to anesthesia (hairloss), but my hair has also grown back nicely it just took a while (it's been a year and it still hasn't grown back completely). Overall I would say it was worth it in the long run, I am definitely more secure with my side profile.

I think it looks lovely. Be thankful that you look natural, still like you only better, and that surgery did not cause additional problems :)
Very nice and Big improvement even from 3 mths to a year!!!
Your new nose looks really great, like it fits your face very well. I understand where your coming from with others ridiculing you. Even my good friends would tweak my nose and laugh. I'm glad that your final verdict is worth it in the long run!
Dr. Clinton D. Humphrey