Over Correction from Fat Grafting

8 months ago i had fat grafted to my cheeks and...

8 months ago i had fat grafted to my cheeks and eyes and it makes my face look oh so unpropotional not to mention crooked..1 month after the procedure i got pregnant and so my doctor told to go see him after the baby. I have not gained any weight on my face and minimum on my body but i still look horrible. I want to stay hopefull and want to know if anything can be done to reverse this

HELP! It looks like I am in the right discussion. I had fat transferred from my stomach to my lips 10 years ago. Really bad doctor and a bad decision on my part. My bottom lip is fine. My upper lip is not fine. He put so much fat in the upper lip and above it, it has changed my smile. The fat above my lip actually pushed the red part of the lip down creating a distorted look, and my lips are further from my nose. I had a terrific smile, but because of my decision (and not researching the doctor and procedure) I rue the day I did this. I have searched tirelessly for a doctor to remove the fat above my lip. I have been in agony for 10 years about this. I believe that mistakes can be corrected to true satisfaction. If anyone can help me, you'd be giving me back my peace of mind. God Bless and am looking forward to the solution. Please email me if anyone has a true remedy. mlpharo@gmail.com
helen mcain I do not understand you say "I had one area reduced but he over reduced it and caused damage under my eyes. " and then you go on and on about how it cannot be reduced and can it be reduced. Did Your doctor reduce an area or NOT???? And if sso how did he do it???
Gkola- how are the cheeks? have not heard from you in awhile, I have similar issue.
what is the safest filler for lines above my lips and the side of my nose extending down towards my upper lip? How long will these fillers last. How much should this cost? Thanks, extrordinair
I have had the same experience, too much fat injected in my lower cheeks. However the surgeon also injected into an artery on the left side of my face when depositing the fat. I lost blood to my nose for a number of days, then ended up losing tissue and skin on the left side of my nose so it is now imbalanced. I was just hoping to remove the fat and get on with my life, but I had no idea it had to be cut out to do that until a few days ago!! I would still even consider that route, but I don't want any problems with my arteries like before and I don't want scars. I'd never recommend fat transfer to anyone, why are all these surgeons marketing it so much??
$$$$$$$$
Who are these doctors? At least let others know...
gkola How are you doing? Have you had any of the fat graft reduced? Did you try loosing weight yet? It is hard to fix fat graft overfill.I have had some success with excision.
Why would she trust that doctor again?
I wonder if you went to the same Florida "doctor" as I did.
Who was the doctor in florida?
Helen... fat grafts that are easy to isolate should be easy to cut out. Hopefully the doc can go in through an area that wont leave a scar like inside the mouth or eye.I know doctors in LA that do this.
Hey Michhy can you recommend some of these doctors in LA that can remove the fat? You can just email me personally if that's okay =)
Let me get this right. You paid $60,000 for fat grafting to your face, and it left your face crooked 10 months after procedure? My god, I'm speechless. I'm not sure if anything can be done, usually fat grafting or injections are absorbed into your body, and why most don't think they are worth the cost. Your cost is way over and above the norm. Are you sure it was fat he injected? Please let us know how you are doing if your astill around this web-sight. My prayers are with you.
I have had a similar experience, only my doctor put fat where I did not want it, and in places we had not at all discussed, infact he put it everywhere but where he was supposed to. He overfilled it to capacity in several places, missed one place completely and I ended up looking 10 years older with a disproportional face. At 35, I can tell you this has been extremely traumatic for me. I had one area reduced but he over reduced it and caused damage under my eyes. I have since spoken with other surgeons (I got 3 opinons just to make sure, after my horrible experience with the first surgeon)and they all said that fat injections CAN NOT be reduced and they are permanent. This news was devestating for me. I look absolutely awful. Evangelina, if you have been told otherwise, where did you get your information? From what I understand, if your own fat is used, it will not be motabilized away, it will NOT melt away, it won't do anything but stay where it is. I have had these in for 3 years now and there is no sign of them reducing. If there is a possibilty of getting this reduced I am all for it.
Helen - your experience sounds awful. If it's been three years and the fat is still intact then you're not likely to see an improvement. There is a way to remove the fat, however. One plastic surgeon (in NYC) whom I've consulted with has been doing fat injections for 15 years and he said that he has removed fat on several occasions. It's like micro-liposution. My only reservation about him is that he refuses to do the fat injections in intervals and I don't want to take any chances with over-filling. As far as my search, I was thinking about trying a well known dermatologist who injects small amounts of fat over the course of a year (at 6 week intervals), but am in no hurry to get started. If you're near NYC then there are a few well qualified people who may be able to reverse your problem. I don't think I can post names here but would gladly email you if you could provide your address.
evangelina, i too have had a bad experience with fat grafting to my lips. too much fat was put in, and it looks totally unnatural and has destroyed my self-confidence (instead of improved it!) and made me self conscious and paranoid around people. i would like to get some removed to look like a more natural human again. if you could email me the names on any plastic surgeons near NYC that might be able to help me with this, it would be greatly appreciated. many thanks, sad sally
Hi Sally, I am looking at removing a fat graft to me cheeks. However, I have read that removing it from the lips is not difficult. Dr Lam from Texas removes it a lot (from what I read on his forums yesterday). Maybe you should consult with him?
Hello Helen I would personally love the name both of the NY surgeon who removes fat w/ micro liposuction as well as the dermatologist who does small injections of fat in 6 week intervals Thank you & you can email me anytime
I really feel fo you, Gkola. I'm currently not too happy with my last Dr. either and know how frustrated you must feel. What you're describing could have been avoided if your doctor injected you in 3-4 stages rather that in one sitting. Based on some other people's experiences, I'm guessing your best bet is to lose any excess weight you may be carrying and see if that affects your face. Fat injections aren't permanent so you'll probably look better in time regardless. Do you mind telling me which doctor you used on Florida?