Platelet Rich Plasma (PRP) Full Face - Ottawa, ON

After having positive results from just one...

After having positive results from just one Sculptra treatment a few months ago, my doctor asked if she could use me in training reps and other doctors in platelet rich plasma therapy.

After researching the procedure I decided it could be the answer to my dark hollowed circles under my eyes.

I've tried other fillers and found they faded within a few weeks and didn't provide the results I wanted.

I liked the idea of using my own blood for rejuvenation.

My doctor is familiar with my face, but we went through a thorough consultation for the trainees. As I held the mirror she asked me what I'd like to see improve. I let her know dark hollowed circles mostly, as well as the smile lines. I also asked for a few units of Botox for good measure between the brows.;)

She applied a numbing cream while she prepared to extract 2 vials of blood. We had initially planned on just one, but the reps had asked for 2, which I was okay with.

From 2 vials (I'm told I have good blood) we were able to do under my eyes, marionette or smile lines, and a few areas around my chin that were scared from acne in my teens. We had a little left and injected into the cheeks.

The procedure was not very painful at all, less so than other fillers. I found it didn't have that heaviness the Sculptra has.

There was minimal bruising on the side on one cheek and swelling all over which I was expecting.

I sat under a red light that is supposed to help reduce bruising for twenty minutes. After the PRP we put approx 45 units of Botox between my eyebrows, a few in my lower forehead and some in my chin, which is a new spot for me.

I'm 11 hours post injections now and swelling has gone down significantly. Face still feels very stiff, but overall a very easy treatment.

Two Years Later

Wow! I can't believe how long it has been!

I never went back for more PRP as I believe there are much better options and ways to spend your money to get better results.

What I've done since these pictures is obviously lip injections with June dermatology (I think, I forget which ones I like best but my doctor knows).

I keep up with Botox every eight months or so. I haven't done anything more to my face but am still consulting with rhinoplasty surgeons and would like fat transfer to fill out and add symmetry.

Also note I chopped all my hair off and would never have done that with my thin lips.

Hope that helps!
Dr. Khulbe

She's incredible! So knowledgable with great artistic eye.