Thermage Eye Very Painful - Ottawa

Just had it done today, so will only notice...

Just had it done today, so will only notice results in a few weeks/months. I did thermage eyes for hooding and droopiness. I am forty so decided I wasn't ready for surgery. I had read all the negative reviews along with some positive. After speaking with my physician decided to go ahead. I was not expecting any pain. I must say, it was. After placing the drops to numb the eye, she placed the disks to protect the eye in...this is where it got painful. She had a lot of trouble. It hurt with each pass over the eye as the disk would push against my eyeball. I have done fraxel before and was expecting the same pain, this was much worse. I am very disappointed with the experience. The pain got so bad she had to remove the disk and start again. I am quite concerned that I will have no results... I will however post again once the required time has passed. Will try to do before and after pics as well...

I loved the fraxel tx's. I had five fraxel re-store and then one of the new fraxel treatments for skin pigmentation. They all did wonders to my skin! Got rid of all my age spots and almost all of my wrinkles. There is down time for them though but really not that bad. Worth the dollars for sure. It did help my pores and all of my forhead lines. This is one proceedure I would recommend. Still on the wall for thermage but too soon to tell if it will have helped my hooded eyes..
thanks
How did you find the fraxel treatment? Did it smooth out the skin - get rid of any fine lines, large pores?
I'm in Ottawa too and torn about whether to have a bleph or thermage for my saggy eye lids and crepey skin around it. Also have some bags and puffiness under eye. Went to surgeon who said only surgery would do, and a doctor in Orleans (I suspect the same one -in a spa) who said I shouldn't get surgery at this point as it would leave me with a "tight" artifical look (she does thermage for eyes however, and has admitted to being new to using it around the eye area - how do I know she is not being biased?). I thought I'd go for the thermage as it seemed like a safer option but the number of negative reviews on the web is frightening. I'm 45. Any suggestions? Ottawan - please keep us up to date with how your results are progressing.