Upper Eyelid Surgery -Ottawa, Ontario

Hi everyone. I am going to have my upper Bleph...

Hi everyone. I am going to have my upper Bleph this Friday. I am soo nervous. Have had hooded eyes my entire life. Finally decided to do it. My surgeon is an Occuloplastic surgeon and hoping it all goes well....I will post pictures as I go along.

Reading the reviews I see that there are many positive but some negative...this will be my first experience with surgery. Love botox and fillers, but this is the big plunge for me!

One day to go

Countdown is on. Spoke with my surgeons nurse and feel much better about it all. She says I can resume exercise in one week! I am taking the Bromelain and Arnica with hopes that it helps with the healing process. Will post pics after procedure tomorrow. Cannot wait!

Two hours post proceedure

All done! Painless procedure. Now I'm sore, almost a burning sensation but managed well with Tylenol and ice. Took under an hour. Love that it was done under local. He offered me an Ativan but I didn't take it. I preferred to be alert post procedure. Here's the pic...

The next day

Day one. Feeling great. Swollen with bruising but otherwise completely pain free. Amazing really! Icing for 15min every hour as directed...using the natural meds and arnica cream..so far so good!

Day two

Bruising starting, especially under left eye...sutures are itching but tolerable with no pain what so ever!

Still icing, and sleeping with my head elevated. So far so good!

Day three

Hard to believe that I had skin removed from my eyelids...no pain, swelling down significantly. Bruising now turning yellow. Hoping it continues this way. So happy finally did this!

Day Four

Nothing new to report, yellow bruising really evident. Slowing down on the icing now as swelling diminishing. Stitches out in three days!

Day 6

Feeling really good. Swelling down and bruises healing. Eyes itchy but sutures out tomorrow. Cannot wait! Looking forward to that first makeup application. Will have to go easy since I have never really worn eyeshadow..what with the lack of eyelids and all!

Day 10

Well, just wanted to post that it is day 10, stitches are out, bruising is gone and I am thrilled with the results! Dr Smith did a wonderful job, removing just enough so I can see my eyelids, but not too much that people would be shocked at my appearance. I can wear eyeliner and actually see it!
Niagara Falls Dermatologic Surgeon

This is not the Kevin Smith I saw in Ottawa. For some reason I cannot change the doctor!

What a fantastic result! I'm envious at how perfect your eyes look after 10 days. I am five weeks post-surgery (upper and lower bleph) but I don't have nearly the symmetry you had at 10 days.
Fantastic!!!!!
Sandy! What a difference! Look at you! Gorgeous!
Good for you!!

You look amazing!  Congrats!!

You look fabulous! Congratulations!
oh my word, the last photo......you look amazing!!! It has really transformed your eyes! you must be over the moon!
Wow, just saw your day 10 picture, your eyes are GORGEOUS!!! Thank you so much for sharing! I go down for mine on Sept. 5th!!
Next week! Wooh! I'm excited for you!!
Thanks! I been alternating between just a little bit nervous and scared to death!!! Seeing these success stories really calms my nerves!
My doctor used dissolving stitches, so rather than remove them, he trimmed them :( I still haven't used eye makeup on my lids, though I could, just worried about putting anything on them right now. I started using makeup on the bruises a while ago, found a fabulous one! Hides everything! Good luck tomorrow!
You eyes look terrific!! Congratulations!! What did you use on the bruises? My surgery is Sept. 5th! Today is my pre-op appt.!! I'm so nervous!! Your experience makes me a lot less scared, thank you so much for sharing it!!
Hi there! I also found an amazing concealer...Benefit makes erase paste that really does erase..thank goodness, don't want to scare too many small children on the street with my crazy Frankenstein look!
I just used lots of icing and topical arnica, as well as oral arnica. I took Bromelain for the swelling. Not sure if these help, but my surgeon says some people swear by them and he said I could go ahead and give them a try. Good luck, it will go well and you'll be so happy you did it!
I use Cover FX, it's amazing
Your eyes look so bright and beautiful! I have been thinking of how I will handle the recovery as far as anyone seeing my stitches/bruising. At first I wanted to keep it private, then I thought, if I put it out there and didnt hide it, it would actually draw less attention. Still pondering it. My surgery is 32 days away and I am getting excited. thanks for sharing your story, it helps put me at ease.
I told some people, not all. I want to see if anyone that knows me well even notices. I hope they do but not too much. Mind you I really don't care what anyone says! I'm so happy I did this. I have really hated my hooded eyes since I can remember. Good luck, the time will fly and next thing you know you'll be writing about your experience and how seamless it was!
I totaly understand. Im so happy for you! Im thankful for realself, people who dont have issues with their eyes dont get it... at least not in my family. lol
wow your eyes look fab now, who knew they were hiding under those heavy lids:-) Looks like the surgeon did a great job....hardly any bruising lucky you! Thanks for sharing. all the best Lisa
Thank you! How are you feeling today?
i'm good thanks, no pain at all :-) I am happy with what i can see so far:-)
Looking great! My bruising is finally starting to yellow! Your eyes look fab : )
Thank you! When do you get your stitches out?
You look like a totally different person! Love it.
Thank you so much! It was a really scary decision to make, but once I had my mind set I couldn't wait, and now I find it hard to believe I didn't do it sooner. I look forward to seeing my new eyes without stitches!