Scared Been Told So Much About Complications After Surgery - Ottawa, ON

I am 9 days from surgery amd going into my 3 rd...

I am 9 days from surgery amd going into my 3 rd week on OPTI FAST and I am afraid and nervous and a little bit tense I am really not sure what to expect. I am doing very well on the shakes I have lost approx 1 pd a day since I have been on the shakes I started out at 305 pounds. Even though people have told me their horror stories I am still confident this is what i need to do I have several health isues and want to be healthy again so I can watch my grandchildren grow up.

My family Dr referred me tothe weight loss clinic

Hi Teebear,

How are you doing? Did you have your surgery? We'd love an update, if you're able to!

My doctor told me I need the Gastric bypass ok I'm willing and have no fear My God is with me every step of the way. How do I get started. My Medicaid runs out March 15 is it possible to have every thing ready by then or do I have to follow some kind of guide lines before surgery
I had gastric bypass surgery in 2006. I went to the support group they provided once a week and stayed compliant with the food program. The best piece of advice I received and I followed it was this- Exercise from the very beginning, because it is easiest to lose the most weight the first 6 months, don't waste it. All I did was follow the diet and walk, it melted off of me.
I am going for my consultation next week, and i did read that they tell you to start working out before hand...i joined curves and i am loving it...this will help i hope...i have already dropped 3.5 lbs in my first week there...I also do walking as part of the program..have to do 10,000 steps...working my way up to it..here's hoping..

At 50 yrs.old my doctor told me to have gastric bi-pass or I won't see 51 yrs.old. Three weeks later I was in surgery. After a year I met my goal weight. I had lost 110lbs. That was 9 yrs. ago. I am still thin. I am not sorry. Just remember to follow what your nutritionist tells you. Think healthy and happy. GOOD LUCK!! YOU CAN DO IT!

I just turned 54 in february and went to see my doctor about the surgery, she had the formed signed and faxed in that afternoon...just got my letter to let me know about the information session...step one...i am excited...i want to see 55...
I forgot to ask you how is it being on the liquid shakes before surgery I'm so afraid I'm going to be hungry I'm so afraid and I have to deal for 2 weeks I'm scared
hi good luck on your surgery yes I'm very scared you mine is scheduled for February 16th and I'm very very scared getting ready to go I'm a liquid diet starting Saturday
how did you do on your surgery?? How do you feel now??
Hope surgery goes well for you! Can't wait to follow your journey!

Hi there, welcome and thanks so much for sharing your journey with us. Good luck with your surgery, I hope everything goes well for you!

Every surgery has a chance of complication, you just have to weigh up what is more important to you. If you trust in your doctor and you have researched them, then hopefully everything will turn out well for you.

You've done so well on your opti-shakes so far!

Please do come back and let us know how you're doing and how everything goes.