Scared Been Told So Much About Complications After Surgery - Ottawa, ON

I am 9 days from surgery amd going into my 3 rd...

I am 9 days from surgery amd going into my 3 rd week on OPTI FAST and I am afraid and nervous and a little bit tense I am really not sure what to expect. I am doing very well on the shakes I have lost approx 1 pd a day since I have been on the shakes I started out at 305 pounds. Even though people have told me their horror stories I am still confident this is what i need to do I have several health isues and want to be healthy again so I can watch my grandchildren grow up.

Hi Teebear,

How are you doing? Did you have your surgery? We'd love an update, if you're able to!

My doctor told me I need the Gastric bypass ok I'm willing and have no fear My God is with me every step of the way. How do I get started. My Medicaid runs out March 15 is it possible to have every thing ready by then or do I have to follow some kind of guide lines before surgery
I had gastric bypass surgery in 2006. I went to the support group they provided once a week and stayed compliant with the food program. The best piece of advice I received and I followed it was this- Exercise from the very beginning, because it is easiest to lose the most weight the first 6 months, don't waste it. All I did was follow the diet and walk, it melted off of me.

My family Dr referred me tothe weight loss clinic