Doesn't Work - Ottawa, ON

I've had coolsculpting done one year ago, in...

I've had coolsculpting done one year ago, in Ottawa. I had 7 sessions done around my stomach area. It did not work at all.

Then, I did the standard diet and exercise. I finally lost 35 pounds, on my own. I do a 30min jog 4 days a wk, and yoga with Pillates.

I'm proud that I did it on my own, but feel stupid to have thought that the zeltiq would do it for me. You have to work hard to get the results you want. Don't waste your money like I did.

BE CAUTIOUS!! beauty_fox works for Laserder. and Cyberderm.Please read this person's previous posts!
Hi! I just came across this post and while I completely understand- it's disappointing when you spend that kind of money to not see results- I've had a different experience. I had a Coolsculpting treatment at my dermatologist's office in Ottawa, Dr. Sharyn Laughlin at Laserderm- and at 7 weeks in, I can see a really nice diminishment of my tummy bulge! I'm so excited about it- I exercise a lot and eat well but this is one of two areas that just won't get better. I'm going to try doing my back now- I have that bra chub that I'm not a big fan of, and there is muscle underneath, I just need to get rid of this layer! Best of luck to everybody on their own personal journey.
Thats the thing, people try and go for the short cuts first because doing it the real way is hard word. Im glad that you are eating healthy now and exercising, your doing it the right way! Good luck, im really happy for you!
I had 2 treatments. Not just one. And, in 5 areas. I came home and told my family doctor what I did, and he laughed at me. He said only a real plastic surgeon can do what I wanted. Not a machine. He said I should have given the money to the poor, instead...how many people need that money, especially in today's times.
Anyhow, do what do you have to do...we all believe in different things. Some people say it works, some don't. Good luck.
Hey Josephina,
I'm looking into this procedure and since Ottawa is the closest center to Montreal I'm glad I came across your post. Thank you for sharing your experience! I wish it had turned out better for you!

I'm curious to know if Dr Dover followed-up with you and if she had any possible explanations for the failure? And before you had the treatment, did she say that it might not work the first time and that more than one treatments may be necessary? Or did she seem to say that you should see results after just one treatment?
Wow, I'm sorry to hear that. I haven't done my belly area, but I can say that Dr. Allenby in Delray Florida did my love handles and 2 months in, there's a real difference... so if you're ever in South Florida, I can vouch for that clinic. Thanks for the heads-up though, I'll be sure to avoid Dr. Dover's clinic.
Yes, that's exactly where I went. It totally didn't work. What a rip off...boy do I feel stupid and SO taken. The only thing that is working for me right now, is the old fashioned diet and exersize...like Dr. Oz said in the first place. I should have listened. I always thought I was smart until I wasted my money on this. What a scam. I don't know how people sleep at night. I though doctors are supposed to help people.
Hi Josephina,

I wonder if you would be comfortable telling me if you went to see Dr. Karen Dover in Ottawa. I have done Zeltiq before in Delray Beach Florida while visiting my sister, but I live in Montreal and was considering driving to Ottawa to have it done at Dr. Dover's clinic. But if I know someone has had a bad experience there, I'd probably decide to wait until my next trip to FL to do a second treatment. Thanks and sorry it didn't work for you :(

I'm so sorry that it didn't work for you. :( Did your provider have any explanation?