The Final Count-down...Jan. 27th - Oshkosh, WI

My full tummy-tuck, breast aug, and belly button...

My full tummy-tuck, breast aug, and belly button hernia repair is scheduled for Jan 27th. I am so nervous, but also excited. I believe anyone who has had this, feels the same.

I am 36 years old and have 3 children. They are 8, 7, and 3 years old. I have wanted to do this ever since my last child was born, but never thought I would actually have the nerve to follow through.

I am about 5 foot 9 inches, and weigh about 130 lbs. When I had my first child, I gained 75 lbs. and carried it all in my stomach. Needless to say, that popped a hernia in my belly button and made my stomach look like an old leather shammy. I've also always been small chested, but after nursing all the babes, I look like a pre-adolescent girl. I eat very healthy and work out as much as a mom who works full-time can (usually about 3-4 times per week). I feel that I am as healthy as I have ever been, and I just want to look as good as I feel.

I am wondering what size of implants other women have gotten. I know that I am getting silicone implants, but I want them to be natural. I do not want people to look at me and know that I've had work done. I'm thinking that I would like about 350 cc's, but the doctor said that I should go bigger because I am so tall. Anyone have any advice?
My biggest fear is that this will be a disaster, and I will have only accomplished a)killing myself, taking myself away from my kids and husband for a selfish reason, or b) waste money on fixing bad mistakes. I have saved and saved for this and am getting a great deal due to my hernia being covered by insurance. My tt was then 25% off, and my ba was 50% off. If I pay in full, I get an extra 10% off. This brings my total price to $10,800. This is also being performed by one of the 2 most respected PS in our area.

I guess I'm rambling now! It has been great to get some of this off of my chest (as if I had any extra to give). Thanks for this site...it's nice to be able to talk to women with experience or who are going through the same thing. My poor husband is soooo great, but absolutely hates talking about this surgery!

I'm not too computer-savvy, but I will try to post some pictures. Thanks again!!!

I had my initial pre-op appointment today. Now I...

I had my initial pre-op appointment today. Now I am majorly stressing out. This Dr. has 17 years of experience, has come highly recommended, but is SUCH an arrogant jerk. Now I have paid my bill and I'm scared I made a mistake. I keep telling myself that he obviously has a reason to be arrogant. He would never have gotten such a good reputation by his bed-side manner...so, I hope it's his talent. We'll see.

I'm going to attempt to post pictures tonight. I decided on 350-375ccs. He will make the final call in the operating room. I'm much happier with that size.

Added before photos.

Added before photos.

Hello again! Only two more days until the big...

Hello again!

Only two more days until the big event. I believe that I'm all ready. The kids are packed to spend time with their aunties, my husband has days off to help me...I can't think of anything else that can't wait. It feels surreal. I have such a mixture of emotions right now. I'm nervous, yet have a peacefulness about the whole situation. Thanks to everyone who gave tid-bits of advice, words of encouragement, and the reminder of how kick-a-- I'm going to look afterwards:)! (Hopefully!!) I'll up-date after all is said and done.

Hi everyone! I am now 5 days post-op. Yes!!! I...

Hi everyone! I am now 5 days post-op. Yes!!! I made it. It has been a tough couple days, but totally feel like I turned a corner yesterday. The pain has been bearable, but I was having major panic attacks. I felt like I couldn't breath, my limbs got extremely tingly, and I felt like my blood pressure plummet. I was sure on several occasions that I was dying. Yesterday, I went to the doctor, and he told me that the effects that I was feeling were because I was not able to exhale completely, and therefore was hyperventalating. Since this appointment, I have been doing awesome. I've been off of all pain meds since Sunday, and am only taking Tylenol. Healing has been going really well. Now that I know these "episodes" are not death omens, I've not had a single one. Things have gotten so much better. The first few days were definately difficult.

For me, the breast aug has been the most painful. The only time my tummy tuck hurts is when I have to cough or sneeze. I have had 3 c-sections and I believe that this has prepared me for the tt's. My doctor says that I will get my drains out on Wednesday, which is 6 days post-op. This was sooner than I thought, but my fluid has been really low today.

My doctor implanted 400cc's silicone. They seem really large and I hope that they settle down and get smaller. They feel like milk engorged post-baby breasts. Even though I feel like they are too large, they don't look too big underneath my shirt. I'm not quite ready to post pics yet, but I think within the next few days, I will feel up to it.

Thanks so much for all the support, ladies. You have all been such a blessing!

Okay...the debut of the new me! Here are my 1week...

Okay...the debut of the new me! Here are my 1week post-op pictures.

Okay...the debut of the new me! Here are my 1week...

Okay...the debut of the new me! Here are my 1week post-op pictures.

Oshkosh Plastic Surgeon

Initially, I thought that he was a jerk. Now that I know him better, I think that he is still arrogant, but mostly just quirkey. I called him everyday over the weekend and he made me feel totally justified and at ease when I called. He did not seem like he was put out by my questions at all. This made such a huge difference in my over-all judgement of him. It's very early, but so far...so good!

Thank you so much for submitting your pics and story! ! Your before pics look woo much like my body now!!
Hi, How are you feeling? Have your breasts started to go down yet? I feel so huge, I can't wait for them to drop.
Hi Brooklyn,
Yes my breasts have begun to drop. It has been very subtle and gradually they have gotten softer. Sleeping at night is starting to get more comfortable too. They definitely don't feel as huge as they did. I'm probably getting used to their size as well. I'm really happy with how they are turning out. I was so scared that everyone was going to notice. They are almost exactly the size of the extremely padded push up bra that I used to wear.
Keep the faith...they will drop and the swelling will go down. It felt like it took forever, but it seems that after 3 1/2 weeks, I do notice a difference. One of my breasts is getting to "normal" faster than the other one. I hope that they even out, but no one but me would probably ever notice.
Good luck!! Keep me posted on how you are doing?
Baby Blues,
Thanks for the advice. I will try the aveeno. I've never heard of Palmers oil, I'll have to look for it!
Hey Brooklyn,
I would say "don't be scared"...but I know that that wouldn't help you. It is scary to not have control over exactly how everything goes. Honestly, the pain was not the worst part of this process...the uncertainty was. I would have a good day and think..."okay, I'm finally better!" Then, I would be tired and sore the next day. You will be fine!!! Make sure you just cut yourself some slack and give yourself permission to fully recover. I'm now 2 1/2 weeks out and I still tell myself everyday....Lizzy, be patient. The doctor says 6 weeks for a reason. I think there will still be little pangs of pain here and there...but nothin' us tough broads can't handle:)! I also have a strong faith and I just kept praying everyday that no matter what happened, that God would be by me every second. Then trust!
Lizzy, just posted an answer for you on my pade. I love that aveeno body wash it helped with peeling and itching for me. It has oatmeal and moisturizers. I still use it everyday. Palmers oil is nice too.
Hi Lizzy,,How are you feeling? It's getting so close for me and I'm so scared. I almost want to cancel the whole thing lol HEPL!
meant to say HELP lol
Brooklyn we all were nervous before. You have been waiting a long time. It is a big deal and you will have your own set of issues afterwards but it will be fine. My boyfriend reminded me it won't be perfection and to keep your eye on what the improvements will be. If you are that unhappy there is not many alternatives. I was a size four with two pounds of abdominal flab. Tried everything to get it off. The PS told me there was nothing I could do to get rid of it on my own. You can do it and this site will be here when you are done. It is great while you are recuperating esp if someone is close to your surgery date.
My patience is still being tried and its been two months. Prepare yourself because you cannot rush this process. I am still not happy with the ends of my tt and the ps keeps assuring me it will smooth out. I still roll on my side to get out of bed cause it is still tender in there. THis is a big surgery. However I am so thrilled with my results. It is soooo much better than having that 2lb of belly fat and skin.
AMEN to that!!!
I can't wait either..Wish time would go quicker lol. I also worry about loosing my patients with the recovery process. I know it's gonna be a long road and the thought of this is really scaring me. Thanks for sharing, glad you are doing well.
Hey ladies!!
How is everyone doing? I will be 2 weeks post-op tomorrow, and I'm feeling really well! When I look back and read my comments...I realize that I am not the most patient person. I think that I assumed that I would be better in about a week. When that didn't happen, I was a little upset. Advice for you who have yet to go through surgery...don't expect to be better in only a few days!!! (I wish I could go back and take that advice.)

I went to the PS today for a checkup. He's thrilled with how fast things are going. When I had my c-sections, my recovery was just sooo fast. I felt fairly normal after a week. Not the case with this.

Every day I feel a little more flexible and a little faster in my movements. I started walking the track at the YMCA last Saturday, and the grannies were passing me. Already today, I was speed walking and pumping my arms (something my PS told me to start doing). This has been WAY more intense than c-sections! But not bad...as long as you're prepared.

I also thought that I would be 100% by the time I go back to work on Monday, Feb 14th. Now I'm realizing that this is not the case. I get tired very easily. I guess I wanted to share with all of the ladies who are just going through now or who have yet to have surgery...really give yourself time. This is not something that mothers are always good at. My house is disgusting...I'm not being the mom that I usually am...but in the end, everything will get done eventually. I'm trying to enjoy the last few days of my recovery. Things can go back to crazy in a few weeks. For now...I'm just giving myself a break!
I am so happy you are feeling so good! I heard that the first 6 months post op, you get really tired, really easily. I am not looking forward to that. LOL. I was also thinking my recovery will be like a c-section, and I will be feeling better after a few days. It is so awesome reading the posts and comments from those of you who have already gone through or are going through the recovery process. I am so nervous, and everything is up in the air right now. I am stressed beyond belief and eating things I know shouldn't be... ahhhhhhh.. I want to be in recovery too!!! LOL
You look terrific! What a big difference. I think your breasts look like they suit you fine. I don't think they look to big at all. They will start feeling more natural soon. I still catch a glimpse of mine now and then and can't believe their look so good. I just gave away all my old padded push up bras and while I thought some of them were pretty I am not going to miss any of them. I no longer need any help to lift them up or make them fuller. You will feel the same way soon and your clothes are going to fit so much better.
Thanks so much. When I look at my pictures here, I don't think they look so big. I guess they are starting to feel a little more like part of me. How long did it take before you could stand up straight again? When did you start wearing a bra? I'm so glad to be done and 11 days out. Every day I feel like I get closer to moving on with my life. If feels like this surgery has consumed my thoughts for months and months now. Did you feel that way too?
I think I was 3 weeks and the PS was still telling me to straighten up better. I had surgery on Dec 8 and went to work the 23rd and was pretty straight but it was an exhausting day and I over did it cause I worked 1/2 day and went shopping. My PS gave me a bra around the 22nd I do believe. He put me right in an underwire. I have not seen that many other ladies get to do that but it is what my PS prefers. I love it I feel so sexy. I know what you mean about moving on. I have a harder and harder time getting to check this site but I want to be helpful to other ladies who are going through this. It did consume my thoughts and everyone else on here seems to be the same way that is why realself is so terrific. It was like you lived and breathed Plastic Surgery and no one in your immediate life can quite understand it. I still have to use silicone tape for another month I think after that it will be easier on me, just seems like it is a lot of maintainence at this point but getting better everyday. I was 2 months out yesterday and life does become more normal. You will feel more like your old self soon. I still can't sit straight up out of bed but it is much better.
wow lookin good Lizzy.
Yay so exciting you look just like a barbie.... Perfect
Wow Lizzy! You look great! Can't believe you look this good after only a week.
You look AMAZING!! How are you feeling?
Hi Amanda,
Thanks! I feel pretty good. Lots of ups and downs. I'm only 10 days out, so I guess that's what you need to expect. I'm just so impatient!!
lizzyj, So glad to read you are doing well. The breasts felt huge for a few weeks. They will feel better soon. Once they start dropping it is much better. I felt like mine were under my collarbone. The drains getting removed is a big step in the right direction. After a few weeks you won't even think about how terrible they were. If you read the other ladies posts you will see we all have had ups and downs. I still have them and on Feb 8th it will be exactly 2 months post op for me. I wish I could post more but it is hard now back to work and school. Can't wait for your pics to post.
Hey ladies,
Sorry...I guess it takes a little bit from the time you up-date your post, to it actually showing those up-dates. I'm sure the pictures will appear sometime within the next 24 hours.

Mommy of 4,
Sorry to hear that you had a hard day! I agree whole-heartedly that it takes a lot of time and patience...and that at times, it's so emotional!

It has also been difficult that recovery seems to take longer than I expected. I'll have a great day and think that I've turned a corner...only to have a bad day the next. We all need to keep our heads up and keep talking to each other. We will get through this!!

I got my drains out yesterday.
Thanks, I can't wAit to get my drains out? They are such a pain