TT Yesterday!!!! - Orlando, FL

Wow, not as horrible as I imagined!! Went in...

Wow, not as horrible as I imagined!! Went in Thursday at 6:30 am & was home a few hpurs later. Still in pain, hunched over, my tummy feels tighter than shoes laces pulled together as tight as possible, tired!! I'll keep posting :)Will post pics as soon as I have more energy & drains are removed!! Will I ever stand straight up again??? Lol

Things are going well. I am one week post op. Went...

Things are going well. I am one week post op. Went to the doctor yesterday and he removed one drain. Still have one left, but that is ok. One is better than two. I'm still feeling well, getting a little tired and napping throughout the day. No pain meds. The surgery was WELL WORTH it ladies. DO IT if you are thinking about it. I don't have ANY REGRETS!! Posting some before and 1 week post op pics.

2 weeks post op today. I got my 2nd drain out...

2 weeks post op today. I got my 2nd drain out yesterday. It was painless. I'm still wearing my binder garmer ast tight as possible. I'm feeling great. Shopping for Christmas and taking walks around the neighborhood. I still get tired quicker than normal and my back aches a bit, but nothing terrible. For all you women who are not sure if they should do,I say GO FOR IT!! My expereince was so much more scary in my head than it was in real life. It was SO much easier than I had imagined!!

3 weeks post op: went back to work this week. I...

3 weeks post op: went back to work this week. I work for a library and am on my feet 8 hours a day, 3 days a week. I can sit for (2) 15 breaks and a 30 minute lunch. My binder was snug at the beginning of the day but after three hours on my feet the binder was so tight from all the swelling. I am now taking ibuprofen and (still) taking Bromelain to help reduce swelling. Hopefully the swell hell will slowly dissipate. I can't wait for week 6 to arrive to get this binder OFF, ugh!!

6 weeks post op appointment was today. I'm...

6 weeks post op appointment was today. I'm actually hitting the six week mark in two days, but that's ok. I no longer have to wear the compression garmet. The drive home my tummy felt funny without the garmet. It almost feels as if my muscles are re-stretching out, but apparently that is normal. My 2 drain tube sites aren't completely healed, but they are getting better. The nurse removed 3 stitches that were kind of making the drain sites inflamed a bit. Posting 6 week post op pics. My belly button is so cute, I LOVE IT. It looks so natural and I think it's perfect. Dr. Soto did an absolutely fantastic job, better than I expected. Ladies, if you are not sure, do it!!!!!! I have ZERO regrets. It was worth every ounce of pain!!!!

Orlando Plastic Surgeon

Dr. Soto and his staff are wonderful, caring, professionals. Their expertise and experience are proven by their outstanding results. My tummy tuck wasn't half as painful or scary as I imagined. I can't wait to show off my new tummy =)

Hey Nancy2929,

just wondering how you're doing? Have any new pix to share?
I an having a tt with Dr Soto on April 4. You look wonderful hope I could come close to that! My question is was there ever a time in recovery where you felt like you couldn't breath well or get enough air? I look forward to hearing from you.
Hi Longhorn, I had ZERO problems with the procedure or the recovery. I went in to DR S at 6:30 am. Dr S and his nurse & anesthesiologist all came in to talk with me. They gave me the IV in my arm and next thing I remember is waking up & having some crackers and juice. I never felt like I couldn't breathe or get enough air. I was still kind-of groggy when I woke up, but I stood up and was moved to a chair where the nurse helped me get dressed. About 30 minutes later I was heading home. It was ALOT less scary than I had imagined in my head. GOOD LUCK. If you have any more questions feel free to ask.
I LOVE IT IM GETTING MORE EXCITED AFTER EACH STORY I READ... U LOOK GREAT

Nancy you look so amazing!
Thank you Kimmers!! I am soooo swollen still. I finally got to take my binder garmet off for good & i feel really swollen from my belly button to my incision. Doc says that's normal. I never thought I'd say this, but I miss the binder, I mean I hated it, but it made everything so tight and snug, lol. I guess it will take some getting used to. Hope all is well with you!!
Love the new look, congrats. Way to stick it out!!
Hey Nancy, yes my date is the 20th of this month that's next Thursday. How are you feeling? Are you finally standing straight up and are you able to do a full 8 hours at work? I can't wIt to see your 6 week pix.
Im doing fantastic. Yes, I'm back to work and the 8 hour shifts are back to normal. No more tiredness. My back does not hurt at all. Actually, nothing hurts. Thank goodness. The only time I notice swelling in my abdomen is when I eat alot of salt products, so I've been trying to steer clear of those. Honestly I don't think I'd notice the swelling if it weren't for this binder/garmet that is skin tight. I've been walking daily too. Hopefully I can go back to working out soon. I know I won't be able to work my abs this soon from what I've read, but hopefully the rest of my body. I am down 2 pants sizes already. I can't believe it. It hasn't even been a full 6 weeks yet. I go back to dr on Tuesday & hopefully will be rid of this binder forever!! Good luck to you. I'm sure you will do fine!! I'm excited for you. It was the best decision for me! I have ZERO regrets!!
I am so happy for you. You look amazing!!! I can't wait till I'm taking my pix. My surgery is on the 20th It took me several years to get the courage to finally have this procudre done and reading your post gave me that little push I needed.

Again, you look amazing.
Mrs. Tree, I am so excited for you. You have no idea how much your stomach will improve. I saw alot of pictures on here before I actually had my surgery, but never imagined mine would turn out so good. My pics are only 1 week post op. I've gotten tiny-er, lol, in the last few weeks. I will take more pics at 6 weeks post op when I can take off this binder garmet for good. GREAT LUCK TO YOU and your surgery. You'll love it =)
Thank you Nancy. I can't wait to see your New pix. believe it or not I made my final decision about having the surgery after I had read your post and seen your pix.
Mrs. Tree, I'm glad this site helped you decide. It helped me decide too!! Your post says that you have an appt on the 20th. Is that Jan 20th? If so.. GOOD LUCK!! I go back next week for my 6 week post op so I'll post pics then. I'm happy for you.

Hi Nancy,

The first two weeks back to work are the worst.  Your body just needs to adjust to the new activity.  During your breaks and lunch lick your feet up and ice the tummy.
I have Dr. Soto as my PS as well. I saw him in November for a consult and I go back in March for my second consult. However, I already booked my pre-op and surgery! So excited.
I bet you are excited!! My excitement outweighed my fear when it came to surgery day. I was so excited!! It will all be worth it! Good luck! Keep us updated...
Wow Nancy, your belly looks great even if it is swollen. You're going to be slimming down in not time. Do you miss your stretch marks? I can't imagine a smooth belly without stretch marks!
Hey Orlando 321, thanks for the compliment. I thought the same thing, I'll take swollen ANYDAY!! You can have a smooth belly without stretch marks too!! I never thought I'd see the day. My son is 17 so I've had this tummy for 17 years. It was a GREAT feeling knowing it'd be gone, lol. You're name is ORLANDO 321, I guess you live in Orlando? My plastic surgeon is in Orlando. His name is Dr. Armando Soto, he gives free consultations =)
hey Nancy your tummy looks really good. I got 4 days to go. yikes
Thanks Trena!! All I can say is it was 100% worth it for me. Believe me, I was scared, but the excitement over rode the fear. Good luck and keep us posted!!! You'll be fine!!
Hi there,

I'm in Orlando too and Dr. Soto did my TT on 11/18 - it's been exactly 4 weeks today. It was so worth it and nearly painless.

I've been back to work for two weeks and even made a trip across the country this week.

Still wearing the ridiculous binder, but as much as I hate it, I can't imagine how weird it would feel to not wear it. It's definitely a love/hate relationship.

Keep us posted on how you're doing, I'd love to keep up with you especially since we had the same doctor.

Take it easy!
HI 9170Anon,

I can't wait until I get to 4 weeks!! I TOTALLY agree with the surgery being well worth it. I was so scared after reading all the pain stories, but honestly the surgery & the following days weren't nearly as horrible as I thought. Dr. Soto did great.

I know what you mean about the love/hate relationship with the binder, lol. When I take it off to shower I feel like I instantly blow up like a balloon. As uncomfortable as it is, it's almost a comfort.

I'm glad to hear you went back to work in 2 weeks and did ok. I have 3 weeks off. I had my surgery last Thursday (Dec 9) and I am up and walking and doing motherly duties.

Thanks for contacting me. I hope we keep in touch and I hope your trip across the country was fabulous, I bet everyone loved your new tummy!!

Nancy you look wonderful!  What a nice flat tummy and so soon.  You will notice it getting flatter and flatter by the week which I know you will love!

Congratulations!
Try weening off the pain meds. I'm 2 weeks post op and my biggest tip is switch to Tylenol. I felt 10 times better after I switched. I'm now starting to sleep more comfortable. You will get tired to sleeping in the same position try to alternate to the couch or a recliner. Each day seriously gets better. Post ur pics and keep us posted.
Thanks for the advice!! Switched to Tylenol and I feel so much better!! Posted pics too at 1 week post op !!