Getting a New Tummy - Orlando, FL

I'm a small person, 5' 5" and 110...

I'm a small person, 5' 5" and 110 pounds - after having two huge babies (first born 8 lbs. 9 oz., 21" long and second 8 lbs. 13 oz., 23-1/2" long) and gaining 60 pounds each time, you can imagine why my stomach looked like it was alien and not human. My oldest just turned 10 and I turn 35 next week and after thinking about this nearly every day of my life I decided to get up the courage to get my stomach fixed.

I would really liked to have had the whole mommy makeover and had my girls put back in place too, but that was too much for my hubby to bear. He wasn't not supportive, but he just kept telling me that he liked me just the way I was. Problem was, I didn't and since my stomach was my biggest issue, I went for it.

I am two days post-op and really my biggest fear going into this was that the pain afterward was just going to be unbearable. I read so much online and watched so many videos on YouTube about how horrible the pain was, that two weeks prior I almost chickened out. I am so glad I didn't because aside from feeling like a truck hit me when I woke up from the procedure and struggling to get in my house and into the recliner, I haven't really had any pain.

I have taken some pain medication - definitely the first day, but really I feel great. My back definitely hurts from walking hunched over and I'm a tiny bit queasy, but all-in-all, not bad.

I took a shower today and got to see my tummy and it's amazing that all the extra skin and stretch marks are gone.

I definitely recommend this is you're considering it.

Quick update day 4 PO (my surgery was on 11/18/10)...

Quick update day 4 PO (my surgery was on 11/18/10) and all is still going very good. Only took two Tylenol today (one in the morning and one in the afternoon)...I don't have any pain, just a little uncomfortable in the binder. Definitely standing up more straight today...back gets very tired from walking.

I took my second shower today - by myself. I took a chair into the shower so I could sit in there for a good amount of time and wash my hair without busting myself apart :o).

Then, got out, dressed slowly and rested a bit. Dried my hair and straightened it with my flat iron, put on my contacts, make up and jewelry and the cutest thing that would cover up the drains.

I had ordered 7 pairs of tiny, tiny, lacey underwear from VS (been wearing granny panties for 10 years) and tried those on this afternoon - WOW! Amazing. I bet no one else one earth is as excited as I am about underwear.

Going tomorrow to my first check-up and if he takes out my drains I'll post pictures. The drains are just not that cute, not bothersome though...just not going to take a pic with them hanging out my sides.

That's it for now.

Went today for my second check up and both drains...

Went today for my second check up and both drains are now gone...yeah!

I'm 11 days PO and feel like a million bucks. Plenty of energy, up and out of the house, shopping, to the movies, dinner out with my family, etc.

I could not be more pleased with the results and how easy this whole thing has been....especially because in researching it online it seems most people have a harder time. I'm thinking because I'm in good shape and work out that my body has had an easier time healing. Although I'm not working out any time soon!

I've posted one picture - it's hard taking a picture of yourself! My left side is still pretty swollen and not as curvy as my right, but I'm not complaining since I can find my stomach on my body now!!!

Day 18, feeling completely back to normal and...

Day 18, feeling completely back to normal and ready to go back to work tomorrow. Wish me luck!

Four weeks PO today - I can't believe that...

Four weeks PO today - I can't believe that it's been 4 weeks. Time goes by SO fast!

I went back to work last Monday on day 19 PO and all went well. Then, this week I had to travel across the country, which I thought would be very taxing, but really all was good except for having to continue to ask people to put my carry on in the overhead bin for me. I can't stand not being able to pick stuff up myself.

I'm feeling really good - having a bit of tenderness in my upper abs, which I'm sort of worried about. I don't think that should be sore at this point.

All of my stitches are gone and I think my scar is healing up really well. Every day I just am so thankful that I can now find my stomach on my body when I look in the mirror. It's amazing and I can't believe I actually got up the courage to do it - so worth it!

Orlando Plastic Surgeon

Dr. Soto is a warm, friendly person who is confident in his work. He explained everything well and did such a good job that I really didn't have much, if any, pain. His office staff are extremely friendly and put you at ease immediately.