Amazed! A Great Experience So Far - Orlando, FL

Tons of pros but one of the best is not having to...

Tons of pros but one of the best is not having to ask my husband " does this make my stomach look big?"Thank God! It has only been 6 days and I feel great. Severe pain only lasted about 45 minutes in the recovery room but once the pain meds kicked in I was suprised I was able to walk and go to the bathroom on my own 5 hours after surgery. My husband was shocked that I didnt need to wake him up all night.

I decided to have a tummy tuck with lipo because after losing 90 lbs through diet and exercise I still had a lot of extra skin and fat on my belly and flanks.I would have loved to lose those last 20 lbs before surgery but have been stuck at this weight for the last year even though I work out 6 days a week,2 hours a day. This journey has taken me 3 years and I am estatic with the results so far. Because I have the patience of a 2 year old, I have already tried some of my clothes on and all I can say is " oh my God! What a difference!" Thats with swelling and a drain. God willing, the best is yet to come.

Thanks to the Realself community for all of your advice and useful tips.(getting a power recliner was the best) You also helped me find an excellent doctor.

Hi Ritrit... tomorrow marks 6 weeks... today I actually did 20 min of walking alternating with slow jogging on the treadmill. I haven't been very consistent with wearing my binder as told by Dr S (don't tell him !). Since 4 wks I've only been wearing it on and off during the day, and not at all at night.
My swelling is bearable, getting only really bad in the evenings of days that I've been active.
I'm down a total of 10 lb... evident from about 2 wks post-op when I returned home from FL. I'm not a water-retainer, never have been... maybe that's why. However my jean size is exactly the same as pre-op, which is baffling since the massive hanging tummy is gone ! Swelling I guess. Overall I'm very happy with my results... the belly-button has a little scarring around it(hoping that lightens with time)... the incision line looks awesome... I only have a teeny-weeny scab at one place... my only gripe is that the scar is a little higher on the hips in the side, and not as low as I've seen with his previous patients. Review with pics soon to come.
Don't worry about the scale yet, everybody is different... you'll probably notice a drastic improvement in the coming weeks.
Im glad you are doing well.What are you using on your incision as far as scarring? Im still using paper tape on the belly but silicone gel on the belly button.I dont go back to the drs. until week 7 , hopefully that will be the end of it.It keeps rolling up and getting on my nerves.Im down 1 pant size and 7 pounds. Im more than thrilled but I guess I still want to lose those last 15 lbs. Never satisfied. I go back in Jan. to have some lipo on upper back/bra bulge,I am sure Dr Soto will do a great job but Im a little worried about the excess skin and wearing that darn compression garment! I will let you guys know how it turns out.

NJgudda and ritrit...as soon as you can start using the Palmer's Vitamin E Skin Therapy Oil on your incisions 2-3 times a day.  Start with that for two months followed by Mederma Cream for 3 months and then Bio Oil for a couple.  I know it all sounds crazy but it has made a big difference in my scar.  It is smooth, flat and barely red anymore.

Glad to hear you ladies are both doing well.  Don't worry about the scale of pant sizes yet.  The swelling will go away and this will all improve over the next several weeks/months.  It just gets better and better each month.
Orlando Plastic Surgeon

From the first consultation with my Dr and his staff I felt very comfortable. He spent over an hour explaining my options and answering my questions. His credentials are excellent but more importantly I felt that he really cared that I was happy with the outcome.He was totally accessible by phone and email.His confidence is contagious, when I left his office I was sure he would do a great job. Dr S encouraged me to meet with other doctors and I did. While they were highly qualified they did not posess the same sense of sincerity as my Dr. I have already recommended him to friends and plan on taking my mother to see him for reconstructive surgery.You will not be disappointed.