Amazed! A Great Experience So Far - Orlando, FL

Tons of pros but one of the best is not having to...

Tons of pros but one of the best is not having to ask my husband " does this make my stomach look big?"Thank God! It has only been 6 days and I feel great. Severe pain only lasted about 45 minutes in the recovery room but once the pain meds kicked in I was suprised I was able to walk and go to the bathroom on my own 5 hours after surgery. My husband was shocked that I didnt need to wake him up all night.

I decided to have a tummy tuck with lipo because after losing 90 lbs through diet and exercise I still had a lot of extra skin and fat on my belly and flanks.I would have loved to lose those last 20 lbs before surgery but have been stuck at this weight for the last year even though I work out 6 days a week,2 hours a day. This journey has taken me 3 years and I am estatic with the results so far. Because I have the patience of a 2 year old, I have already tried some of my clothes on and all I can say is " oh my God! What a difference!" Thats with swelling and a drain. God willing, the best is yet to come.

Thanks to the Realself community for all of your advice and useful tips.(getting a power recliner was the best) You also helped me find an excellent doctor.

Orlando Plastic Surgeon

From the first consultation with my Dr and his staff I felt very comfortable. He spent over an hour explaining my options and answering my questions. His credentials are excellent but more importantly I felt that he really cared that I was happy with the outcome.He was totally accessible by phone and email.His confidence is contagious, when I left his office I was sure he would do a great job. Dr S encouraged me to meet with other doctors and I did. While they were highly qualified they did not posess the same sense of sincerity as my Dr. I have already recommended him to friends and plan on taking my mother to see him for reconstructive surgery.You will not be disappointed.

Hi Ritrit... tomorrow marks 6 weeks... today I actually did 20 min of walking alternating with slow jogging on the treadmill. I haven't been very consistent with wearing my binder as told by Dr S (don't tell him !). Since 4 wks I've only been wearing it on and off during the day, and not at all at night.
My swelling is bearable, getting only really bad in the evenings of days that I've been active.
I'm down a total of 10 lb... evident from about 2 wks post-op when I returned home from FL. I'm not a water-retainer, never have been... maybe that's why. However my jean size is exactly the same as pre-op, which is baffling since the massive hanging tummy is gone ! Swelling I guess. Overall I'm very happy with my results... the belly-button has a little scarring around it(hoping that lightens with time)... the incision line looks awesome... I only have a teeny-weeny scab at one place... my only gripe is that the scar is a little higher on the hips in the side, and not as low as I've seen with his previous patients. Review with pics soon to come.
Don't worry about the scale yet, everybody is different... you'll probably notice a drastic improvement in the coming weeks.
Im glad you are doing well.What are you using on your incision as far as scarring? Im still using paper tape on the belly but silicone gel on the belly button.I dont go back to the drs. until week 7 , hopefully that will be the end of it.It keeps rolling up and getting on my nerves.Im down 1 pant size and 7 pounds. Im more than thrilled but I guess I still want to lose those last 15 lbs. Never satisfied. I go back in Jan. to have some lipo on upper back/bra bulge,I am sure Dr Soto will do a great job but Im a little worried about the excess skin and wearing that darn compression garment! I will let you guys know how it turns out.

NJgudda and ritrit...as soon as you can start using the Palmer's Vitamin E Skin Therapy Oil on your incisions 2-3 times a day.  Start with that for two months followed by Mederma Cream for 3 months and then Bio Oil for a couple.  I know it all sounds crazy but it has made a big difference in my scar.  It is smooth, flat and barely red anymore.

Glad to hear you ladies are both doing well.  Don't worry about the scale of pant sizes yet.  The swelling will go away and this will all improve over the next several weeks/months.  It just gets better and better each month.
hi ritrit... just wondering how you are doing ?
Hi,NJgudda! I was wondering how everything went with you. I was hoping to see a review of your t.t.Im fine, no complications thank God.Im a little over 5 weeks since surgery,still swollen in the lower belly but slowly improving. My doctor wants me to wait until the 6 weeks are over to do more than take slow walks, its very frustrating but Nov 9 is almost here so I am behaving. How is your recovery, are you happy with your results? How many inches/ pounds/sizes did you lose? My doctor said he removed close to 10 lbs but its not all showing up on the scale yet. I havent ate more than 1100 calories a day since the surgery so I really hope Im just retaining water. Can you tell Im a little paranoid/obsessed? (lol)Staying out of the malls is also killing me but Im trying to follow Kimmers advice and not buy anything until I am 3 months post-op.Wish me luck with that. Lingerie is a different story, I cant help it. Love to hear from you and hope everything is going well with you.
Hi,I think I was able to move around so quickly because of a combination of things.Prayer, exercise, an excellent doctor and percoset pain killers. My surgery consisted of a extended tummy tuck (past the hips) and lipo of the flanks and hips. I think it lasted a little over 4 hours. The doctor said he removed about 10 pounds just from the overhang so it was a pretty extensive surgery. I was shocked I was moving so well.My husband took very good care of me but by day 4 I was ready for him to go back to work.Too much love(lol).As for a high pain tolerance, Im not sure but I do have 2 herniated discs that give me pain.Today is day 12 and Im pain free just a little itching. Please make sure you find a good doctor that has alot of good patient reviews, I dont think its a coincidence that my doctor has such good recommendations on this website. Alot of his patients boast of minimal pain and quick recovery.Good luck if you decide to have the surgery, it really is worth it.
Wow, thanks for sharing your story. I was especially intrigued about your ability to stand the same day. Do you have any idea why you made such a fast improvement? A high pain tolerance? Something about the degree of surgery you had?? I'm definitely willing to have my story be like yours :)
Congratulations on your weight loss and tummy tuck journey. So glad to hear about your wonderful results. You will really enjoy the clothes shopping! Have fun and can't wait to read more about your journey as you go :)
I had my tuck on the 5th and feel wonderful also. I was also able ot walk and go to the bathroom 5 hours after surgery. It has been less then 48 hours and I feel pretty self sufficient! I am 5ft and weigh 125. I work out about 5-6 days a week and really think that is helping with my recovery, I had terrible stretch marks from my pregnancies and very loose skin! I am so happy with the results! Girls..I was so nervous before the surgery and now 2 days later, I could not be happier that I did it!! Remember we all heal different!!
Congratulations! I am so happy you had a good result. Its really exciting, isnt it ? Just a little advice, keep up with the stool softener and liquids. On day 5 I got really dehydrated and the pain was worse than the day of surgery.Good luck and happy healing.
Yes you definitely want to keep things "Flowing"!

Fabulous! So glad your results are what you wanted. Do you have before and after photos you'd feel comfortable sharing with the tummy tuck community here on RealSelf?