Sculptra at Med Spa Plus in Orlando - Orlando, FL

I just has my first sculptra injections. Dr. C...

I just has my first sculptra injections. Dr. C used two vials, which actually normally cost $1800 ($900 a vial). They and the manufacturer had a 1/2 price offer in December and I decided to go for it. But during the consult I was told upfront to get the best results I would need more than one treatment. Some people can start with one vial ($900) and others 2 (like me). Normal price would have been $3600 for all 4 vials.

From the reviews I read, a lot of people did not see results and they usually only went one time and got one vial. I appreciate the fact at Med Spa Plus they informed me upfront to get results you have to be committed along afford it. If I could not afford Sculptra, then they could offer me something in my budget. Sculptra is supposed to last 2 years so,I figure you pay for what you get! Botox has a realistic life of 4 months, so thats a three times a year maintenance plan! I love the idea of building my own collagen.

So now for the dirty stuff, did it hurt - slightly. On a scale of 1-10 , I would give it a 5. It was annoying, but the staff is very pleasant and helped take the focus off being uncomfortable. More importantly, the one administering it is a M.D. I do not think I could trust anyone that was not a doctor injecting anything in my face. It took about 2 hours for her to inject the Sculptra. She was awesome about questions and educating me. She wanted to make sure I was comfortable with the procedure. I also like the fact that Med Spa Plus and Dr. C herself are not pushy sales people. She is able to tell you why things are they way they are and why these changes happen and just doest hype products to sell you. I choose Sculptra on my own after she explained all options that could work for my face and the results I was hoping to see.

So, I am home now - numbing is wearing down. I do have slight bruising that seems to be appearing, I have to run to the store to pick up a natural derived pill that will help reduce bruising that they suggested. Dr. C gave me ice packs and clearly informed me of the 5 min, 5 times a day etc. She even gave me her cell number if I needed her since it was a holiday weekend. I will keep you all updated. So far, I am happy with the service and knowledge of

{edited}

{By Britt, moved to Dr review}
Dr. Cantrell

Med Spa Plus is in Oviedo, Florida - I apologize. Oviedo is just minutes next to Orlando,Florida.

Thanks sweetredhead,

For the additional info.

-Britt

Hello Britt!
It has been a full day of one day after my 2 vials of sculptra. Dr. C distributed it the places I had concerns with as well as the areas she thought would benefit with the product. The 2 vials seemed to be distributed more around my eyes and above my eyebrows. But, she did around my mouth/nose top of forehead as well. I woke up swollen around my eyes as I was warned about but, I was slightly shocked at. I do have slight bruising, I bruise really easy so, I was expecting that. I was sore, but not as much as I anticipated. I have been massaging the areas all day as that is a must with this treatment. Dr. C explained it very well of what the product does within the body and if you don't massage or work with the product it will essentially ball up and I think that is where a lot of others have gotted the nodules or lumpiness from. Also, if they select a doctor that does not evenly distribute the product, I can see where it can get messy. When I have been massaging my face, it does feel sore but at the same time good. I have been using the ice packs mainly on my eyes where I have the most swelling (looks like a bad sinus infection - the puffiness). So, overall I still feel good about what is occurring and what I do expect tomorrow I am prepared for. I think my only fear so far has been that I will sleep in (since the kids are out of school). I want to make sure I am massaging my face the first few days and just don't want to miss doing it. For anyone new out there that is considering it, if you live in Florida or are visitIng- make the drive to Dr. C! If not find a doctor that explains and has strong knowledge about the product. That does promote it properly. Yes, it can be costly to do the treatment plan that I selected (3-4 vials) but, 1 vial put in just one area is going to make your face off center and not throughout. So, be smart, be prepared, be open to the changes of the healing stage and listen! From what it sounds like, Dr. C does not do things to patients that she has not undergone so, she can experience everything first hand. I really respect that about her. By the way I am a late 30's female. I did sculptra do to my heavy schedule and wanted to have a fresher look since I do not have a lot of time to do make up etc. on a daily basis to the extent that I feel that I need now for my profession. I do not expect to come out of this looking like I am 20. I just want to look refreshed with a glow!

Hi sweetredhead,

Welcome to the community and thanks for the review. I'm glad it went well and you are happy with the procedure. Where did you get the Sculptra injected? Please keep us updated about how everything heals.

Thanks,