Goodbye Cushing's Belly! Orlando, FL

I have lived through the hell of Cushing's...

I have lived through the hell of Cushing's Syndrome and come out a survivor. It left me with damage and scarring all over my body. I lost my infant son as a result of that horrible disease. Now that I have a new lease on life, it is my turn to become whole again. I am having this surgery done to rid myself of this awful belly that Cushing's left me with and in hopes to look somewhat normal in my clothes once again. I also have an abdominal hernia that will be repaired during the procedure.

1 Day Post Op

I made it! I am on the flat side! Turns out the docs couldn't find a hernia so that surgery wasn't done. Just the TT! He said it went very well and was pleased with how it went and said I would be too once I heal. He took a lot of skin. Coming out of anesthesia was rough. Major mood swings and crying spells. One nurse shook me awake so hard only to bombard me with the fact that there was no hernia, I was now considered outpatient, and I couldn't stay in the hospital unless I wanted to self pay. I wasn't even coherent yet and couldn't process anything. I was so upset, but once my hubby got back there he got everything settled. I came home last night. I have 2 drains that will be in for 2 weeks. I am taking my pain pills and antibiotic. I am very lightheaded when I stand up so bathroom trips are short and sweet. It's amazing to look down and see no flab!

8 days post op

My swelling is down this early morning. I am finished with my antibiotic too! Still downing the Percocet every 4 hours. I have lots of tightness and burning if I don't. Advil isn't cutting it yet, especially at night. I am sleeping hours at a time now which helps. Being on this recliner is getting old fast. I see the PS on Thursday for a 1 week follow up. Trying to keep my spirits up for I know this is a means to an end and The end result is worth it!

15 days post op

The swelling comes and goes and it was really bad last night. My tummy is very bruised and yellow & black. The leftover stretch marks from Cushings are evident but I knew they would stay. They are better than what I had! Once the bruising and swelling goes away it will look better. I am just thrilled that the flab is gone!!! I got rave and took a pic. Not glamorous by any means but for what my body has endured over the past 3 years, I think it looks pretty darn good! That is one disfiguring disease.

3 weeks down

It's been 3 weeks and things are improving very slowly. I am gettin out of the house at least once a day with my mom and son. I can drive but usually choose not to because I am still so tired. Still recliner sleeping and it's not comfortable. I have a hard time staying asleep unless I take a pain killer. The bed is still too uncomfortable and causes massive swelling the next day. My tape has started to come off my scar in a few small places. I am ready for it to go! My appetite is back to normal now and I am eating pretty well. I am ready for my energy back! My job starts in 2 weeks but my sweet boss is getting me a sub for as long as I need to recover. I will be a preschool teacher! So blessed in that area. My son starts KGN on the 19th so I have a full plate!! Just plugging along day by day doing small things to keep myself from going crazy!

POD 26

I slept in bed last night on my ade comfortably for the first time! Most of my tape came off today too! The one part still needs a little healing time as its oozing slightly. Yay for no tape!

My new belly button

Bye bye scabby belly button!!! I am so happy!!!

5 weeks post op

I've made it to 5 weeks!! I've been side sleeping in my own bed for a week now. I have to turn over gently but I am grateful to e back in the bed! My energy is better, but I still tire easily. I overdid it at work last week. I can walk well but end up a little bent over by day's end. I am moving better too. Week 5 swelling is here...boo. Doc says everything is looking great!! User him again Sept. 12. I go back full time with my preschoolers after Labor Day. Taking it easy for now. Doc says I can do slow treadmill but haven't attempted it yet. Too tired. I've been worn out between teacher planning and my only baby starting kindergarten . Overall things are well!

8.5 weeks post op

I am 2 months out and feel great! I still have major swelling but have already dropped one pants size! I'm down to a 10 from a 12 pre-surgery!! I am back to work as a preschool teacher and its going very well. I have normal stamina and energy and can keep up with those little people all day long! I have been cleared by my ps for everything and do not have to go back to see him unless a problem arises! Hello new life! I still have lots if extra skin on my hips from the disease that I may get taken dare of one day. The scarring on my stomach doesn't bother me. I am just thrilled to have the giant flabby belly gone!
Kenneth Lee

Dr. Lee did an amazing job! I am thrilled with my progress and how much he has helped me reclaim my life.