Mid 40s Wanting to Enjoy my Body the Way I Used to - Orlando, FL

I want to look good being able to go to the store...

I want to look good being able to go to the store and try the clothing and being able to find something that I like thinking on get a shape wear to look better. I'm 36 DD breast and my back is constantly killing my back and shoulders. I want a nice hour glass shape that help me to look good in most of the clothing not being worried of look will big belly.

23 Days for the Surgery

Tomorrow I will perform my Lab tests for the surgery clearance. I hope everything is ok. At the same time I'm very nervous. I hope all the money and the pain worth it. I remember the pain of my 2nd c section and it scares me that it could be worst than that. I will need a lot of courage to survive those days.

Getting ready nervous and anxious

Today I had my appointment for the clearance and everything looks perfect. Next week is my last appointment pre op with Dr. Soto.

5 More Days

I so nervous but I have all faith in God that will guide the hands of the surgeon. Today I got all the pain medications, muscle relaxants etc.. I need to get the senokot-s and other stuff. Tomorrow I have my Lymphatic Massage. To eliminate the water excess and the toxins before the big day.

3 Days Post Surgery

With the medications it been within the tolerable level of pain. The most uncomfortable are the drains it makes everything difficult and when my daughter and my husband empty them when they squeezed and release the tubes its painful. I cannot see or enjoy the changes because I have to be hunched and I look like a granny walking. My daughter said that my vagina looks like a stuff taco or sandwich LOL!!! I will send pictures a soon I'm not hunched so much.

My First post op appt with the Dr.

It went quite well he thought that it was my 2nd week appt. So he said that I looked very well They took out one of the drainage. I was kind of painful like someone bother a inside open wound and it burned and felt sore. Also he said that he garment was not properly tighten. Also that will alleviate my backache. It's true after I went out the office I could walk more straight. I saw my shape and I liked it but he also told me that the lack of tightness in the garment may increase the chances of retaining water in that zone. He said that my waist will get close to 26 inches. So he will remove the 2nd drainage next Monday so I should be able to send the pics finally.

Ten days finally drain free

I got finally my 2nd drain removed. I feel more free to move without the fear of hurting myself with a wrong move. Also I can wear my panties for the first time in 10 days. So happy about it I posted some pictures and take in consideration I'm still swollen. I will see more as the weeks pass by.

The Recuperation is slow for me

I got the drainages removed everything seemed easier until last Saturday that some of my breast stitches got infected. So, I had to go back to the Dr on Monday and he prescribed another round of antibiotics. I couldn't return to work last Tuesday because my immune system is already weak with the 6 hrs. surgery and the antibiotics. Before I went on vacation in my office they were 3 cases of people with shingles. The Dr told me not to run any chances of getting any bug that can complicate the situation even more. I have flexibility in my work to work from home. Today I went back and now I also developed fungus infection on the breast. :(
Orlando Plastic Surgeon

Haven't heard from you in a while! Just wanted to check to see how you are doing, hope all is well!
How are you doing these days.
I'm still struggling with my breasts the tummy is doing okay but the breasts still fighting fungus and infection. I think the problem is the Dr wants me to use tapes on the wounds area to make the scars less noticeable and my breasts get irritated, itchy and cuts with that freaking tape. I bought the hypo allergic type but the humid and hot weather from Florida doesn't work at my favor.
I hope you are feeling better And that everything has cleared up for you so you can enjoy your new body!
That is a real bummer! An infection and now a fungus, so sorry to hear that. Take your meds as ordered and take care of your self. Eat and rest well so you can heal. Hope you feel better soon.
Thank you!!
So sorry to hear you're not feeling well. I hope the antibiotics do the trick and you're good to go!
Hope you feel better soon
Thank you !
Hi! How are you healing so far? You look very very good! I went to visit Dr. Soto last year for a tummy tuck but I chickened out :-) Now, I'm considering a mommy makeover with breast reduction like you did!! I also live here in Orlando FL. I'm 41 years old.
Hi Mariel.....for sure follow on RS, and it helps to know if surgery is right for you or not. Everyone shares their journey...the good and the bad....makes it easier to know what to do for yourself. All the best with your decision!
Great waist, and such a low scar! Looking good.
You look fantastic. Happy healing
Looking good there!
Thank you but still long way to go! I'm still swollen and it 's because of the intense lipo to reach hourglass shape. That cause a lot of swelling on and off go I have to be prisoner of the compression garment to achieve that shape I don't want the fluids take me back to my old shape and ruin all my efforts and sacrifices.
I agree! Keep up the good work! You're doing great.
What all did you have done?
A mommy make over lipo in the flanks, hips, tummy tuck and breast reduction from 36DD to 36 C.
Wow! a 26 inch waist, that's awesome! Hope you continue to do well. Looking forward to seeing your after pics!
Good to hear you are doing well except for the drains and being hunched over. Time will help on those matters. Your daughter must be hilarious! Is she making you laugh? All the best with your healing journey, will keep looking for updates and pics!
As much as it sucks I'm glad to hear someone else is still hunched like I am. I've been reading other reviews and seeing people stand straight and that's just not happening here. I swear I don't even have enough skin to stand straight!
How are you? Hoping for a smooth surgery and great results!
I hope everything went well!!!!
Take care, I will be following your progress. Wishing good healing vibes your way, and calm nerves between now and surgery. Thanks for sharing your story, so that we can all learn from each other's experience.
Thank you I will post the pictures as soon I can after the surgery.