Uppers Done and Scared - Orlando, FL

I am a vey youthful 48 up but had saggy hooding on...

I am a vey youthful 48 up but had saggy hooding on upper eyes. Was scared to do anything but I knew they would only get worse. I am only a7 days out and know it takes time but I worried about the bump at end of incision line. And I had excessive swelling especially between my nose. I scared the inner tissue will be deformed after it heals

excision of bumps after upper blepharoplasty at 51/2 weeks

I had upper blepharoplasty 5 1/2 wks ago and while I am very pleased with my results, I had bumps at either end of my incision lines from the beginning. I had alot of lateral hooding so I had extension cuts which I understand heals slower and the bumps normally go away. Unfortunately mine were right on my bone and VERY obvious, like lil horns. After 2 steroid shots and massaging, my PS decided to excise them. He said on one I had a trapped sebaceous gland and that it would not have gotten better. Hopefully they will heal flat and I can FINALLY enjoy and show off my new eyes!

Hi, Don't worry about it. It will go away. I am also 48, and had the same surgery. It's just the sutures where the knot was made. It takes a little longer to dissolve. I was scared too, but it's going away, slowly but surly. If anyone reading this is trying to find a Doctor, check out Dr. John Martin in Coral Gables! AMAZING doctor! I can't tell you enough how wonderful I feel! He's an artist for sure! I was one of the lucky ones, not even a bruise, and he did a brow lift and the upper eyelid surgery... Good luck! Joni V.
Where/who did your eye procedure?
Hi. I'm new to this board & had my surgery (upper only) here in Melbourne on Wednesday. I'm not sure how to share or link you to my pictures. I'm having my daughter put them into a better format anyway.... I had a tummy tuck years ago & have a very small (what I call) "dog ear" little bump like that on my right hip/end of scar. I really don't pay attention to it but I would for sure if it was on my eye. Curious what your Dr says? Would light massage help I wonder? Looking forward to watching your progress. Best wishes. (I think you can find me under "Karen FL"?) I just turned 49 & LOVE what you say..."youthful 48".....I feel like I'm 29 LOL.
sry i am just getting back..this site is a lil confusing to me...anyhow...hope you are healing well! my ps injected with steroid and lil botox to relax the aggravating muscles around the bumps. they are a lil softer but still there.. he says it takes time :((( ..i am using moist heat and massaging...praying that goes solves the problem...its all i can see when i look in the mirror! today is day 15!
Karen FL and Swollenandbruised: ask your PS if it would be okay to apply ScarRelief. It is small 5cm x 10cm strip that looks something like a large bandaid. It is fabric on one side, and the other side (that you apply to your skin) is pure soft silicone. (No medicine or ointment at all.) You apply over the bulge and then with your fingers spread the silicone outwards, making a very tight fitting cover over the lump or bump. I had a fairly noticeable dog ear at the end of my TT scar (surgery was 6 wks ago) and in just 12 hours it is already amazingly smoother. Near your eye you would want to be certain not to interfere with any eye movement. I'm thrilled with how fast it's worked! Maggie
MV - where did you find this product? I can't locate it anywhere. Is it by Rx only?
What did your dr say about the bump ? Other than that it looks good I think. Hope it goes away & that it turns out beautifully . Keep us posted. Thnx for sharing
thx for your reply...dr injected both (i have on both ends of either eyes!) with steroid and lil botox to relax offending muscles near them. been using moist heat and massaging...they are a lil softer, one more than the other...he said it takes time...ugh!! day 15 and it was supposed to be all pretty normal looking now but its all i can see :(
Hope he'll let you try the stretchy silicone. According to the box it's used worldwide in burn units and by plastic surgeons.