Breast Lift with Fat Transfer - Orlando, FL

I presented for correction of asymmetry and slight...

I presented for correction of asymmetry and slight sagging. I did not want implants because most people that implants have a very un realistic look and feel to their breast to me. Implants can impair visibility on a mammogram and I read that fat transfer was perfected that it would not. Implants also increase back pain. I am athletic and implants are not practical with high intensity sports. I would not recommend doing this with particular physician. He was unable to correct asymmetry, in fact I think my breast are even more un even after the procedure than before. I have been also left with a scar that retracts with certain movements and appears very deformed. I verbalized concerns about this several times with my post op visits and was rudely dismissed that it would heal in a year. Well a year has past and it did not resolve and he wanted to charge a lot more to correct it. I feel it was due to his technique - It was not worth it-
I value all feedback from my patients - online reviews serve as a valuable tool in assessing our performance as a practice. Regardless, I'd like to take this opportunity to share some of our office policies as they relate to the above comments, as well as some information regarding breast lifts. Prior to signing their informed consent, our patients are counseled regarding the potential risks and benefits of the procedures they are interested in, as well as the likely outcomes. For the patients who are interested in a breast lift in combination with a fat graft, we discuss the fact that 25-55% of the fat grafted to the targeted area may be reabsorbed by the body. That does not mean it will happen to every patient. It means that it may happen to select patients. As such, differences in the shape and size of the breasts (treated with fat grafts) are not unexpected results of such procedures. Patients are counselled that, despite our every effort to address asymmetries with a single procedure, secondary procedures may be required. We have specific wording in our consents with regard to this as symmetry is a frequent concern, and perfect symmetry is never attainable. Perfect symmetry of the breasts does not actually exist. With regard to the scar that retracts with certain movements, unfortunately scarring can be unpredictable, and as I indicated I would be happy to release the scar and perform additional fat transfer and revisions as need to further improve the symmetry as far as possible. In signing the informed consent document, our patients also acknowledge that they can incur additional charges if secondary procedures are necessary. With that said, our policy is to bill patients only for the cost of supplies, operating room fees and other equipment expenses related to performing the surgery. In other words, we waive our professional fee for revisions/secondary procedures. This typically saves our patients 50% -75% of the regular cost of such a secondary surgery, if needed. Lastly, I offer my apologies for the "rough and gruff demeanor" you observed. It is never my intention to make anyone feel uncomfortable. With that said, surgical procedures are serious matters, and I believe patients should be well-informed regarding the risks to which they expose themselves. I invite you to contact my office so we can address your concerns in full. It is always our intent to try to have happy, satisfied patients.
Your doc might have put a Refine implant in you. It's a permanent mesh suture material that is suppose to lift the breast. I think Dr. Khouri used it in me (Dr. Hartog trained under Dr. Khouri) and it's leaving me in debilitating pain. Anyway, check out my review--at least so you can be relieved you didn't go to my surgeon!
Neither Refine or the RAFT procedure were utilized in this procedure.
Orlando Plastic Surgeon

Poor communication skills, was unable to correct asymmetry not impressed