i can't believe im finally getting tt! Orland Park, IL

I've finally booked my TT after 4 consultations...

I've finally booked my TT after 4 consultations with different PS. Next Thursday I should be on the flat side. I'm anxious and scared at same time. Please offer any advice that will help me through this process. Also any home remedies, creams, etc that helped thru your healing is greatly appreciated. I will post pics soon.

pre op tomorrow!!!!

I can't believe by the end of the week I will be inn the flat side. I'm nervous. Its not helping that I work in medical field so all kinds of things that could go wrong are floating through my head BUT I trust God to get meet thru this surgery with a speedy recovery! Well here our my pics. ...????

PRE OP APPT TODAY

I'm nervous but thought I would be a wreck! Pictures were taken today as well as all my questions answered. Of course I made final payment. Looking forward to being on flat side but not too the pain/recovery ahead

FLAT SIDE!!!!!!

Surgery went well. The staff at st james franciscan surgery center was awesome.I'm sore off course. Taking pain meds every 4hrs. The biggest pain is going to the bathroom! I've been
drinking lots of water due to cotton mouth so I've been to bathroom multiple
times ( 3 to be exact) . My husband and daughter are a huge help.because I have this compression garment on that hooks in crouch. ...I have to have assist. I'm not walking bent over. ... thank God! I hear each day gets better. .... come on better days. Guess what! I have to go to bathroom AGAIN! OMG!

horrible night!

I kept feeling a stitch pulling at left tube opening. It started where I only felt it when I stood up but later when I was reclined back. I called ps 5a. He told me some things to do like milking clot out of tube. After 3 calls& a mess at my house I got the clot out. This did nothing for the pain & appeared that tubing want draining fluid. so he told me I can cut
stitch and pull drain. I was able to wash self up and then the same pain hit me. I believe it's a stitch inside that is pulling when I stand up.

Binder action!

Few updated pics 4 days post op. Today I'm trying to sleep in bed for second time. My back has been killing me because I've been sleeping in a recliner. Not taking pain meds since 2nd day post op. I went to ps appt yesterday without binder. He wasn't happy. I put it on soon as I got home. F/u appt Friday

Still Healing

So everything is looking good per my ps. At my Friday appt (day #8) ps had to w/d 150cc fluid from left side. Remember I don't have a drain on that side. Other than a lil sick from needle it was no big deal. I'm in need of another compression/binder because mines is causing pain/discomfort in panty area. I've tried different things with no relief so I'm going to buy a waist only one. Last night was another successful sleep. ... yes!
Frankfort Plastic Surgeon

Dr Gelman available for any questions/problems via his personal phone line. His staff at the office and the surgery center are superb! I would definitely recommend him to a friend.

Sounds like you're doing well! Are you happy with your results? You look great!!
I'm doing really good. I despise my garment and ready to get drain out. I'm at ps office now but still draining 40cc. I'm sure it's because I only have one drain (since day 2). How r u doing
Glad you're doing so good! :) I'm doing pretty darn good, too. Not draining much at all on one side so I guess they'll take that one out. Maybe? Lol. Have a great evening!
I'm peeing like a race horse tooooo!!!!!! I got so much fluid in my iv since I was hooked up When they delayed.
It's 1am.... just went to bathroom alone. .... progress!
I was able to as well! The thing I can't figure out is how to get back in bed without help!!
I'm more even sleeping bed. I'm in recliner. Are you able to lie flat n bed? How is ur compression garment?
I am in bed but not flat . Compression is ok. I just pooped! Thank god
Don't worry about the pain...it might not be as bad as you think! It will all be worth it having a nice flat tummy!
U r right about that!
Take 2000 Mg. of Vit. C and mega doses of turmeric. That will help you heal more quickly! Good luck!
I started taking 1000mg vit c 2 days ago. Don't think I've heard of turmeric
Turmeric is the super yellow stuff that's in mustard and it's supposedly a natural anti-inflammatory. You can purchase it wherever spices are sold. I bought the capsules from puritans pride online.
Thanks for the tips
Does it work when you're already swollen? I'm so bloated that I think my new belly is going to have stretch marks once the swelling goes down!
I'm not sure that Vit. C or Turmeric decrease swelling but I do know that I had very little swelling (unlike some of you TT chicks). I suppose the swelling depends a lot on what stitching procedure the surgeon has used too. If there are lots of stitches intended to reduce the deadspace there is likely to be much less swelling. Just make sure you avoid salt as much as possible and drink lots of water. I doubt if you'll end up with stretch marks due to swelling.
Good luck! Excited to see your after pics!
Make sure you take it easy. Keep up with the fluids and be patient. There will be swelling. You will be moody. It takes about 4 weeks to really feel good and see a huge difference.
Thanks so much!