Microdermabrasion - Oregon

I purchased a package that cost more so I’m...

I purchased a package that cost more so I’m not exactly sure on what the price was for the micro's. I had 2 treatments as well as a glycolic peel so I'm not sure which one triggered a huge Roscea flair up but I do Lactic Acid peels with no problem and my guess is the microdermabrasion’s caused what would only be described as a very horrible experience. I was left with horrible acne/Rosecea a couple weeks after my appointments which left scars that have taken a year to get rid of. At the time I had no idea I had Rosecea because my face would only turn a little red at times but nothing like what followed after the treatments. If you have red flushing at all at times and think you may have Rosecea and don’t know for sure please see a dermatologist before you get anything done like this. I have now gone through other treatments and am on medications to control the Rosecea. I will post a picture of what my skin looked like after the microdermabrasion’s. My skin was clear before the treatments.

Hi, I'd l like to start off and say that many of these treatments help rid the toxins from the skin and may cause an acne rupture before your skin gets better. You may also want to be patient since you need to go through a couple of treatments before having great results. I know it can get long, but the wait is totally worth it. My skin keeps getting better and better after my chemical peels and microdermabraison treatments.

You went to an inexperienced esthetician because people with Rosacea are not candidates for Microdermabrasion.

Jennifer, I need a good dermtologist, who was the one you went to? could you give me his name, I am looking for one for years, thank you so much for sharing...
Sorry for not responding to some of the questions you all asked earlier. My skin has improved greatly do to getting treatments and care under a doctor/Dermatologist. I was Diagnosed with Rosecea and pre cancer skin cells. The treatment that has worked the best for me has been my antibiotics, spirolactone for Rocesea and acne and a procedure called Photodynamic therapy with Levulan. This is a pretty strong treatment but helps tremendously with sun damage, acne and Rosecea. I do not get as oily now and need one more treatment this year and is covered by my insurance. If you would like to see my results with Photodynamic Therapy please read the notes and before and after pics I have posted.
No those pictures are after receiving care from a Dermatologist.
I dont understand why you said not worth it, from the pics it seems to have worked very very well?

If you read her story you will see it caused her to have a Rosacea outbreak, and the last picture is after visiting a dermatologist to get on medicine to help with the Rosacea.

Hi Guys,I am a liscense Esthetician.In our study(If they DO) we have been taught to know the skin first which kind of skin client have then treat it.But there are alot of spa & salons which try to make money & sell innocent client expensive treatment & promise you will have best skin after that.But in reality it doesn't happen.just like in Janiferzz case.In any case(Acne, RoseceaBroken capillaries ext) esthetician is not supose to do Microdermabrasion.Yes If it is cosmotolagist(hair dresser) they will do it because they dont know alot about face skin they mostly work with hair.
I have had 2 treatments of microdermabrasion. The first was done using a cheap machine made in china in a spa in my area, it was like nothing done. The second time, I went to a doctor's office and she used a machine called MEGAPEEL, a professional machine. Well, after the treatment my skin was dried like a wall. I hated and I never did try again.
Hi, I am wondering if the severe, uncontrollable acne I am getting was exacerbated by microdermabrasion. My acne is similar to the acne you experienced. The last photo looks great! How did you achieve the healthy looking complexion? Please message me all the details! I am SO bummed out by my skin right now--UGH!
Can I ask what treatments you have done to control the rosacea? I have for the last few years (after having clear skin as welll for most of my life) and I can't find anything to help! Your skin looks great!
Jhanni I emailed you some info.
My reaction was probably on the extreme side being that I also have very sensitive skin as well along with the Rosacea.

Wow, I had no idea Rosacea would cause such an adverse reaction to the treatments you tried. I'm so glad to hear you connected with a dermatologist who figured out what was going on.

Thanks for posting this so others with even slight signs of Rosacea are aware!