Ultherapy May Not Be for Us -Orange County, CA

Well, the before and afters showed no change. I...

Well, the before and afters showed no change. I was disappointed to see no change at all, yet had steeled myself for the possibility that my age (63 at time of treatment) might influence the outcome. Obviously it did.

It's been a year now as my treatment was Feb 2012, and although I didn't see any visible improvements, I also don't look any older. So I'll take that fact to the bank and hope it holds for a few more years.

I think at a certain age, there's only so much nonsurgical treatments can actually do. I have seen photos of women who are obviously younger than I who got nice results; so I'm not saying ti doesn't work. It just didn't work for me at my age.

The treatment was not painless. I'd taken ibuprofen and then midpoint downed a vicodin. I think you need to go into this prepared to feel the zing.

The nurse who performed my treatment was a trainer for the company so I know the treatment I had was done right. Takeaway? Age and the severity of skin laxity make a difference with this procedure.

Has anyone in their 70's tried the Ultherapy procedure and had good results? I am in San Diego, but would go up to the LA area if there is a better doctor there. Thanks.
Thanks for your comments. I am in my 70's and was wondering if this would work. M jowls and neck are sagging, one side more than the other, so was hoping this was a good route to go.
jennip, thanks for your honest and positive review. I have to agree that if you haven't seen any decline after a year, that is a huge plus. and I'm sure it is the ulthera, so to me, I would say that was very worth it! Before I even thought about doing Ulthera I could see huge signs of aging in a matter of several months! so you're doing great! Thanks so much for sharing. ;)
Jennip, thank you for sharing your honest, thorough and objective take on this treatment. I've been mulling doing "something" to my face/jaw and am researching as I stuff money into my piggy bank. I've been reading about a fairly new procedure that is supposedly good for people who aren't good Ultherapy candidates because of laxity and possibly other medical or skin-affiliated reasons. It's called a couple names, PrecisionTX or LaserLift, depending on whether the practice you go to see bought into the licensing of the trademark Laserlift. AestheticTV has a great 11-minute video with before and afters, and is hosted by one of the doctors that did the clinical trials. Perhaps this is an option for you? In the meantime, good for you on finding the fountain of facial youth for now!
Only One, No additional fillers or botox.
How many treatments did you have?
Sorry! I'm a dork! I thought you were asking me on my post!!
I'm 58 and getting it done tonight! I actually do notice a bit of firming less severe around your chin and mouth! Crossing my fingers!!!!
Are you satisfied with your results? Was it painful?
I meant this post..."Search for the Perfect Ultherapy Doctor for Me - Beverly Hills, CA" I put up before and after pics too! It's only been 4 weeks and I haven't taken any pictures. The Doctor gave me half of a percocet and that was all I needed. I had heard it was really painful so I was frightened about that! I have a low tolerance for pain. It wasn't as bad as I thought it was going to be.

This is a great review. I appreciate that you presented the facts (age, outcome, etc), you were to the point and direct but left room for the possibility that the treatment might be good for someone else but not you. Thank you so much for sharing this with us all. Its a major bummer you didn't see more changes, but like you said 6 months later & you still looked the same, so at least that is good.

Also, thanks for posting such good before & after pictures - very much appreciated & I hope if you opt for any other procedures you see more obvious results.