43 Yrs Old, Mommy to an AWESOME 3 Yr Old, Never Had Braces - Orange County, CA

I had contemplated braces over the years, but...

I had contemplated braces over the years, but never really looked into it. I'd thought about doing Invisalign after a couple friends had success with them, but never did it. Once I had my son, the "selfies" with him made me abundantly aware of the imperfections in my smile. I looked at old photos and could see the movement over the years. I've always been complimented on my smile, so I finally decided it was time. I just received my Phase 0 aligners on Wednesday. Aside from getting used to having something in my mouth, they feel fine. I had one spot in the back he needed to file down before I left, other than no major complaints so far. I was told to ease into the process, so I only had them in for about 8 1/2 hours yesterday. I'm planning on keeping them in most of the day today and then sleeping with them tomorrow. How long did you all keep this phase in? I'm anxious to watch the progress!

Adding a photo

4 days in.........going strong. No major issues, starting to get used to them. Forgot my toothbrush, etc Saturday night, so they were out a little longer than 2 hrs that day. They already feel a little looser, easier to get in and out than the first day. No issues with sleeping with them other than I wake up thirsty.

1A- in!

Just got 1A. When he first tried to put them in, I thought there was no way they were going to fit! They fit! It was a different feeling than the Phase 0. I felt A LOT more pressure, but today is much better. I do notice my teeth are more sensitive when I take these ones out. I'm excited to watch them move!! Let's get it going!!!

One week in with 1A

I can already see little changes! It's so exciting! I think my teeth are moving pretty fast and might have to change my profile name! Maybe I'll be done in less than 12 months! As I mentioned before, they were very tight when I got this set on last week, but I can already feel some wiggle room. I don't think I'll make it a full 3 weeks for this set. It's very exciting to see some progress!

1B-in!

I up'd my appt to yesterday (from next Tues) and got my new aligners. I can definitely feel where they are working. I typically take them out in the morning and brush my teeth and aligners and my teeth feel very sensitive. It's not painful, just sensitive. But, as the dentist remarked, "they should be sensitive, we're moving teeth and bone". It goes away in about a week once my teeth get more used to their new position. I'll be going back in 2 weeks to get the engagers on, then we'll get some real movement! Yipppeeee!

Engagers!

I got my engagers this morning. 2 up top and 2 on the bottom. The procedure was harmless. My doctor polished them so they are smooth, but still feel funny without my aligners in. I'll only have them for this set of aligners, so up to 3 weeks. This time I went in after 2 weeks for new aligners. I think my teeth are getting the hang of it and are ready to move! These ones are extremely tight and hard to get out without my hook. It feels like I'm pulling all of my teeth out of my mouth. The doctor said that should only last about 3 days. I can't believe I've been doing this for 2 months already! Time is flying.......... these teeth will be straight in no time!