Can't Wait to Be Me Again, but Scared. - Orange County, CA

Explant of my 234 cc silicone implants tomorrow. ...

Explant of my 234 cc silicone implants tomorrow. My first implants were in 2000. Went from A cup to 240 cc saline. They ruptured twice and had them removed in 2004 after my daughter was born. After first explant became a AA. Divorced in 2011 and decided to have put back in. Here I am and I hate them. Just want to be comfortable and be me instead of feeling like I have bags strapped to my chest. I am scared of what they will look like and also that I have not told anyone, including bf of 2 1/2 years. I wanted this to be my decision, it's my body and don't want to be influenced to think otherwise.

My Dr did an awesome job. Just a personal choice on my part.

5 hours, feeling great

I am feeling surprisingly awesome! I did local, wow what a difference from the groggy, icky general anesthesia. Just a breeze. This pic is of me 5 minutes after bring bandaged up and at the Dr's office.

First look.

Day 3

It's been about 70 hours. No more pain at all, maybe just a little stiff neck from sleeping.

I know from having done this before it will take a year at least before they take back their shape some. At least that was my experience.

Don't regret at all :-)

Day 6

It is day 6 and physically feeling good. Mentally and emotionally I am feeling great.

I feel like me again, I know it will take some time for my returning little boobs to look normal again as this is my second time around.

A little tired of bandages, but found a cute bra to wear over, see pic :-)

I am standing and walking different. I don't feel slouched over to hide my implants I didn't feel were right for my body.

My sister yesterday said "you look like you, not like everybody else". A simple statement perhaps, but definitely hit it on the head.

Day 9

I am still feeling good. I can tell when I overdo it with lifting and get a little sore. I don't think my new/old breasts look fabulous. Just have to keep reminding myself to give it time, at least a year. On a positive note, love my clothes again. Not hunching over trying to hide my fake boobs that were never me in the first place. What an emotional journey this has been!

15 days out

Looking pretty much the same I think. Feeling great except for a darn cold.

I can't express how much less depressed I am. How I feel like I am now true to who I am. I feel sexier, more confident and just all around a happier person.

One HUGE reason is all the amazing support from all these smart, beautiful, wonderful women on this site. Words cannot express how grateful I am. You ladies rock!

20 days

My steri strips are still hanging on...yuck. I think shape is looking somewhat better. Right breast looking better than left. I over did it this weekend traveling and left incision was painful, much better today but calling Dr anyway. I am still feeling good mentally, my bf is cool with it and being supportive. I know he'd prefer implants but has been very sweet knowing that this is what makes me happy. I am having fun looking for AA bras online also looking forward to wearing a bikini this summer without having to be self concious everyone is starring at my bolt ons :-).

2 months

It's been 2 months today and I have not regretted it for one second. Physically feeling great, but the mental and emotional part has been the most significant. I thought having perfect boobs would boot my self confidence, boy was I wrong. Thanks to all you beautiful, smart, amazing women on the is board for being my rock!

Wow! You look great! I'm so happy you shared your story.
You look amazing! Such a difference in two months!
I like the natural and I really understand about how they feel! Not even something you can explain. I noticed that you did not have a Dr. listed. I saw that you are in OC and wanted to know if your Dr. was a personal friends or not one you would recommend? or??
Hi, I was just wondering how close do you think your results are- to your before BA self? x
You look great. I was wondering, did you leave the capsule in?
My explant was today. I'm heading g home. Thank you all for the great support!!
Hi Kfs424, I had an explant today too! Happy healing :) *soft hugs to u* hoping for a speedy recovery for us both
Thank you! I'm so glad they're out!! Now it's nap time
I would like to apologize for all my spelling and grammar errors. I should probably reply on my laptop instead of phone. I just realized I called salines saltines. Ha
You look GREAT!
I haven't seen a single person who looks really bad after having them removed! One of mine (saline 370cc) is deflated already, and it doesn't look bad at all to me. It's been slowly deflating for 2 years, and it's the second set both had slow leaks. I have no idea how much saline is left in there. I had planned on having silicone implants put in on May 27th until seeing this site. I am 55 years old and really don't want to be having implant surgery at 70. Everybody is different though. Thanks so much.
Hi Bam! Sounds like you are half way there. Lol. Yes, I am 43 and had 2 deflations. I actually got married at 29 with one completely deflated, ha. I do not miss them is the slightest, and like you, don't want to be getting BA at 70. I can not even imagine. Best of luck and please keep us all posted on what you do. This board was all I had as I kept it all to myself. What an unbelievably amazing group of women. Hugs to you :-)
Thank you so much. I have put the surgery off until July 10th to give me more time to think! When I called the doctor's office Monday to tell them that I was thinking about getting them out, they were shocked. Wow is it that uncommon? :-)
No, not really, and it's getting more common all the time. My advice is for you to see more than one doctor and find one who has a more positive attitude about taking them out.
Wow, that is weird. My Dr said he's been taking more and more out (we have a lot here in "The OC". He didn't even bat an eye. Do what feels right for you Bam, you already have one deflated. It is YOUR choice :-)
I've already paid my 500.00 deposit for surgery. Poo! They were supposed to look at my chart and call me back , but they haven't. It's only been a couple of days though. How do I even look for another surgeon? Online reviews I guess. My doctor is 3.5 hrs. away. It sure would be nice to find a doctor closer.
Yes it is my choice! :-) I will look for another surgeon.
I started looking for PSs where I live, and I couldn't find the right one. At that point, I scoured all the online info I could find-- here and everywhere else. I pretty much knew I'd have to go somewhere out of state, and I found the right doc one state away. Not ideal logistically, but a doctor that I trust and feel confident about. I wish it didn't have to be that way, but I'd rather deal with the hassle and save for the extra expense than use a doctor who isn't really experienced with this and who doesn't have the right attitude about it.
who is your DR.?
Did I miss it? But who is your Dr, Kerenska? I am inspired by your pics and so happy for you! I am in OC too!
Thank you for this review! I had a tummy tuck in November, and I know a lot of women do the "mommy makeover" at that time. Why not if you want to do a BA? It's a money savings. I have lost 120lb and I knew for sure I wanted the TT, and I have always gone back & forth about a BA. My breasts look deflated from the weight loss. I couldn't decide, so I got the TT by itself. Lately, I have been thinking about BA again and I have been reading on the BA forum, and someone suggested I read the implant removal forum. I think in a few years, I would have written a review just like yours. From reading these reviews, I am sure this procedure (BA) is not for me. Thanks for your honesty! :)
Awe Dayna, wow that hit me hard. I know it is such a personal decision. I am 43 and really, taking them out was the best thing for me. I am such a happier person now. And wow! Congrats on the 120 lbs...what a huge achievement, that is just wonderful. All the best and hugs to you :-)
Dayna99232, please, please, please, do not get breast implants!! I just want to tell every woman in the world that! Be thankful for the way God made you and be thankful you are not about to have to go through surgery to "undo" what you did to your own self. If only someone had told me that years and years ago when I was 24!
Thank you for your concern. I made it pretty clear that I won't be getting implants.