Out with the New, In with the Old - Orange County, CA

Like many of you ladies, I got the implants to...

Like many of you ladies, I got the implants to feel secure and more feminine with myself. I was barely filling a 34B cup and felt that I was not proportioned with the rest of my body (5”6” 135-40 pounds). BOY WOULD THIS CHANGE 3 ½ YEARS POST BA. Since the early age of 15, I had always been obsessed with having this procedure done. Both my sisters (older and younger) always had nice-full natural breast which further confirmed my decision to one day get them done. After months of research and saving, I found the perfect docter in San Diego. Dr. Pousti was amazing and his staff beyond the meaning of great customer service. I was well informed of the procedure and decided to go through with it in August 2009. I remember waking up from the operation and thinking “ Ohhh SH**.” I had wanted a full C cup but ended up with Ds because I have a rib cage that sticks out. I knew since the very beginning that I was unhappy but because of my pride and to avoid the “ I told you so” speech from my mom, I sucked it up and told myself I would like them.

Fast forward 3 ½ years and I still feel the same way I felt when I looked down at them immediately after my surgery. I’ve been fortunate not to have had any medical issues, like some have experienced, but I just hate the feeling of plastic in me. Worst of all I hate it when I hug my niece and feel as if a plastic hard ball separates us. I admit my breast look nice and that they feel soft and natural, but I just can’t stand having them in my body. I hate going to the gym and seeing my plastic perfect set of breast bouncing awkwardly in the mirror. I find that I cover myself up more than ever before because I get the paranoia feeling that A- people know their fake or B- people are just staring. I feel heavy up top and completely miss proportioned with the rest of my body. I get neck pains and my posture is like “Quasimodo.” Of course I’m afraid of what my breast will look like after removing my 510 cc water balloons but I hate to feel the way I do. I want my little babies back and I’m saddened that it took this lesson to understand what my family and friends were warning me about. Anyway operation “explanation” is well underway. Ladies if there is any advice, suggestions, or kind words you’d like to share please I’m open to all? ****will post pre-pics soon

I went to my 4th consultation today and so far so...

I went to my 4th consultation today and so far so good. I met with Dr. Chong, whom I found through @WantMyLittlesBack thank you much! She was sweet and was really imformative. She truely put me at ease and made me feel confortable with my decision. So far I have gotten great response from all the doctors I've been to with the exception of one (Long Beach Dr) who straight out told me I would look deformed. Never something you want to hear but I'm glad he didn't sugar coat the possible negative outcomes. Anyway I think Dr. Chong will be the doctor to perform the procedure. She said I will not need any drains and will leave the capsules in. She mentioned that because I'm young (24), no children and I have good skin tissue I should not have any problems. However I'm preparing for the worst just in case. Have not set the date but I'm thinking it will be set for June.

Surgerey Tom

So excited. Not nervous. Totally calm and looking forward for tomorrow. After months of wait my explant surgery is finally here. I'm mentally prepaid for the worst, because I have been completely encouraged by all you brave ladies who have been courageous enough to do it. I will have an update- maybe a pic- after my surgery. Wish me luck!

walked out with a smile after the OP

Surgery went well. I felt nothing after surgery for several hours, obviously due to the anesthesia. Since I was under local anesthesia I fully participated in the surgery. At some points it was a bit tough because I was able to feel the tugging and removal of the implant. The music and great conversation we were all having in the operation room helped me take my mind off the situation. Overall the procedure could not have been as bad as a visit to the dentist. In fact I rather do this twice before heading to the dentist, but that's just me. I had no pain all yesterday, but today I really do feel a bit sore. I am due back for a check up on Monday so I will be posting pics then.

510 cc of plastic in me

bummer.

4 Day Follow up

Saw my PA yesterday, she said everything is looking and moving well. As of now I still don't feel any pain, my only complaint has been the itchiness of the bandages. My PS pointed out that i had been carrying around nearly two pounds (510cc each). No wonder my neck ached so bad! Over happy with results- NO REGRETS yet only wish I had done it sooner.

4 Day Follow up

11 Post Explant

11 days Post Explant

Its been 11 days since my explant op and I must admit I have not felt this great about my self image since before I put them in. 6 days after my op, I noticed I was getting a rash on my right breast. It was very itchy and I though it had been caused by the gauge or wrap. Anyway I sent a picture of it to my PS and she prescribed me an anti-biotic and a cream to apply on it for 5 days. So far so good. The rash or infection has began to dissolve. There is also a bit of scabbing on my right nipple, this is due to the area in which the local anesthesia was administered. My PS said it will dry up and eventually fall off.

21 Days Post-Explantation

As always very positive about my decision and out come. I Feel light as a feather and have found a whole new appreciation for my small breast. I had a doctors appt on Monday and Dr. Chong was very happy with my results. She suggested I buy BIO-OIL, to apply on the scar and rash that I had developed. The rash/infection has diminished but it left behind a bit of a scab so I am applying the bio-oil there. Dr. Chong has given me the Ok to exercise, but to keep it light- that means no heavy lifting/crossfit for another 2 weeks (just to be on the safe side). I no longer wear the ace wrap. Got rid of that about a 1 1/2 ago. I do, however, wear a snugged sports bra.
I've noticed that I have more sensation on both breast, but maybe its bc they are still tender. One thing is true, I no longer have the neck spasm that I use to get on my right side- just like magic!

3 1/2 months Post Breats Explantation

Ladies i can't believe its been over 3 months. I have seen small changes along the way and I'm completely satisfied and happy with my results. Absolutely no regrets EXCEPT getting them put in the first place. Even then I can't actually say that was a regret because it was a decision I made that unfortunately did not pan out. Kinda like being in a long term relationship that don't work out at the end yet no hard feelings or regrets just memories- hopefully. You live and you learn like most of you are feeling. To those still beating yourself up or debating about getting them out I highly encourage you too. Why? because your not happy with them now so you might as well get them out and feel better about doing something about it. Overall, I still apply Bio-oil on and try to exercise and eat well. I feel like this has helped along the way..

Congrats! You look amazing! Do you feel like you went back to your pre-operative state?
You look so great!! Your result is inspiring, and hopefully mine turn out half as well as yours did. You commented that you noticed your nipples had shrunk after the procedure. Did you notice that right away? Or did it take some time to happen?
Thank you, I'm really surprised and happy with my results. Was expecting worse. But I noticed immediately that my aureola was not as stretched as it was with the implant. They have regressed to what they use to be. Also, my nipples have taken some time to unfold. I notice they aren't as "awake " as before-BUT this has gradually changed as more time has gone by..
Amazing! Good for you:)
Wow, you have had such a great outcome. I can't believe how your breasts have snapped back after removing such large implants. I hope mine do too. Glad you are doing so well. So happy to hear your neck problems are gone! That's awesome. I had a PS on here tell me there was no connection between my back and neck pain and my implants, but I know that's not true. I never had all this achy muscle, back and neck pain before and they are every day now. I'm sure it's from the weight of the implants and making my posture different. Your results are inspirational.
Whoever made that comment is as we know mistaken!! There are numerous women complaining of the neck and neck pain with implants. It's seemed to heighten for me the first week after explantation and then soon there after.....poof and it was gone!! Haven't had an issue since :)
Thank you so much! I'm sure if you follow your PS advice you will have the same results. I'm still wearing that sports bra! But as you and bird7 mentioned there is DEF a connection between the implants and neck pains. I was carrying around 2 pounds of water, its far fetch not to say there is no connection. I have not had any neck pains since the explant and my posture has gotten better. Maybe its because I am so proud and happy with ME, MYSELF and I:) Good Luck Mommy2two- keep us posted!
Congrats! So jealous. Do you feel you went back to looking like you did before you ever got implants? This is one of my concerns. I want to make sure I go back to looking like I did before!
Thank you! Like you I was super concerned with the results, but I was convinced that even if the results were bad it would not compare to the way I was feeling having the implants in. I hated the plastic inside and how perfect they looked. I think my breast are very similar to the way they use to look. In fact I find them cuter! I went to my doctor today and I mentioned to her that it was as if i never had the BA because my results were that great. Good luck to you, I totally encourage you to get them done if you are unhappy.
Wow, you are looking great! I am scheduled 7/19. My PS also said that he would leave the capsule in, but I'm getting conflicting information EVERYWHERE about taking it out/leaving it in and now I don't know what to do... Did you get different opinions on this from your other consults? I think I'm going to have a second opinion just to be sure. I'd love to just leave it in and have a simple explant so my recovery is easier, but I don't ever want to have breast surgery again for this. Glad you are doing so well!
If your PS says that your capsules are thin and don't need to be removed then i think it's safe to do that. That's what I did. So now I'm just massaging the breasts to loosen the scar tissue capsules.
Now my only issue is whether or not I buy into the toxicity of the silicone shell and whether or not I could have some toxicity from that even after only 3 months. I just don't know. I didn't buy into it in the beginning and that's why I got silicone to start with, but I'm having so many issues, I just don't know anymore...
Honestly, 3 months there is hardly a capsule, it's sooo soo thin. I would just leave it. Silicone doesn't really start to leak till about the 8 year mark. Anything that might be in your body now as a consequence of the implant can likely be easily detoxified by your body over time. Give your body a year for scars & everything to heal afterwards, and it will literally be like it never happened, your body will just go back to the way it was.
Well, the silicone leaking/leaching is up for debate. It all depends on who you talk to. Doctors who deal with silicone toxicity will say that the silicone outer shell begins to leach out toxins as soon as they are implanted and it will be part of the capsule within just a few weeks. I have talked with one of these explant specialists via email and was told that I definitely should have the capsule removed. This is why I am in such a dilemma. I guess it's whether or not you buy into all the drama that the silicone is so toxic. I can definitely see if they were ruptured and leaking that silicone running around your body is horrible, I'm just not sure about how much comes off of the shell and in such a short time. I'm leaning towards just leaving the capsule, letting things heal and hoping for the best and that a natural cleansing or detox will help remove anything that is left and I can move on with my life. I too was planning on massage to lessen scarring. I have even heard that helps with "fluffing" because it stimulates breast tissues again. Thanks again for all the info.
In one of my old posts I listed the chemical makeup of a silicone shell, pretty scary stuff. I'll find it and repair for you Mommy2two :)
Okay Mommy2Two here is the list I mentioned of shell ingredients: Methyl Ethyl Ketone, Cyclohexane, Isopropyl Alcohol, Denatured Alcohol ,Acetone ,Urethane, Lacquer thinner ,Ethyl Acetate ,Epoxy Resin, Epoxy hardener, Amine, Printing ink, Toluene, Freon ,Silicone, Lofol (formaldehyde), Flux Metal, cleaning acid, Eastman 910 glue (Cyanoacyryiates) ,Talcum Powder,Color Pigments as release agents Oakite (a cleaning solvent), Ethylene Oxide (ETO), Carbob black, Xylene, Hexane, Hexanone 2, Antioxidant (rubber) ,Zinc Oxide ,Naphtha (rubber solvent), Phenol Benzene-Known carcinogen. ALSO..... Polyvinyl Chloride (Liquid Vinyl) Methylene Chloride/Dichloromethane. This breaks down in the body so blood cannot carry oxygen. It metabolizes carbon monoxide poisoning and causes central nervous system depression.
Like Wantmylittlesback, i was told that i did not need to have them removed. I went to 4 different consultations and they all agreed. So I knew that leaving them in would be fine.
Like Wantmylittleback, i too was told that it was not required. I went to 4 consultations and was told the same thing. After that I was sure of my decision to leave them in.
Congrats you look GREAT!
You look marvelous and I know you've got to feel better! You'll be running before you know it :)
Thanx! I definitely feel better!
Yap, Great looking !! congratzz !!
thank you!
You look great!!
thank you, i know you will too! I will post some pix tonight for updates.