Out with the New, In with the Old - Orange County, CA

Like many of you ladies, I got the implants to...

Like many of you ladies, I got the implants to feel secure and more feminine with myself. I was barely filling a 34B cup and felt that I was not proportioned with the rest of my body (5”6” 135-40 pounds). BOY WOULD THIS CHANGE 3 ½ YEARS POST BA. Since the early age of 15, I had always been obsessed with having this procedure done. Both my sisters (older and younger) always had nice-full natural breast which further confirmed my decision to one day get them done. After months of research and saving, I found the perfect docter in San Diego. Dr. Pousti was amazing and his staff beyond the meaning of great customer service. I was well informed of the procedure and decided to go through with it in August 2009. I remember waking up from the operation and thinking “ Ohhh SH**.” I had wanted a full C cup but ended up with Ds because I have a rib cage that sticks out. I knew since the very beginning that I was unhappy but because of my pride and to avoid the “ I told you so” speech from my mom, I sucked it up and told myself I would like them.

Fast forward 3 ½ years and I still feel the same way I felt when I looked down at them immediately after my surgery. I’ve been fortunate not to have had any medical issues, like some have experienced, but I just hate the feeling of plastic in me. Worst of all I hate it when I hug my niece and feel as if a plastic hard ball separates us. I admit my breast look nice and that they feel soft and natural, but I just can’t stand having them in my body. I hate going to the gym and seeing my plastic perfect set of breast bouncing awkwardly in the mirror. I find that I cover myself up more than ever before because I get the paranoia feeling that A- people know their fake or B- people are just staring. I feel heavy up top and completely miss proportioned with the rest of my body. I get neck pains and my posture is like “Quasimodo.” Of course I’m afraid of what my breast will look like after removing my 510 cc water balloons but I hate to feel the way I do. I want my little babies back and I’m saddened that it took this lesson to understand what my family and friends were warning me about. Anyway operation “explanation” is well underway. Ladies if there is any advice, suggestions, or kind words you’d like to share please I’m open to all? ****will post pre-pics soon

Please join RealSelf or sign in.

I went to my 4th consultation today and so far so...

I went to my 4th consultation today and so far so good. I met with Dr. Chong, whom I found through @WantMyLittlesBack thank you much! She was sweet and was really imformative. She truely put me at ease and made me feel confortable with my decision. So far I have gotten great response from all the doctors I've been to with the exception of one (Long Beach Dr) who straight out told me I would look deformed. Never something you want to hear but I'm glad he didn't sugar coat the possible negative outcomes. Anyway I think Dr. Chong will be the doctor to perform the procedure. She said I will not need any drains and will leave the capsules in. She mentioned that because I'm young (24), no children and I have good skin tissue I should not have any problems. However I'm preparing for the worst just in case. Have not set the date but I'm thinking it will be set for June.

All i can say after reading the many posts he is that the plastic surgeons are once again making killing on women that have come to realize that they made a horrible mistake in their younger years..i't too bad I only paid $500.00 to have my 18 yr old saline implants extracted by a very concerned PS, with a local with no problems,,,..Ladies..it should not cost any more than that. i was treated like gold by my doctor and his staff..I had no problems at all afterwards..went back to my ordinary life as I knew it It looks like some of there PS are still wanting to make their money with unsuspecting ladies,,,,Ladies..do your research...and save some money and pain. My doctor is in Conroe Texas and been in practice for 36 yeras.His name is Wilmer Wuest...in Conroe Texas.I had not one bit of problems during or afterwards.
Thanks for the info ! I have gone to several consulations and the most affordable price I could find has been 2500. Unfortunaly because LA/OC doctors are near me im gonna have to suck it up and pay an arm and a leg:(
Hi, I just had a consult with Dr. Pousti, and scheduled my explant with him. Loved him and his staff...very professional and caring. He was my 3rd consult, and gave me hope that I won't look like a circus freak afterward, as the other Drs. did. I have rather large implants too (500 cc) & the others told me I would need a lift, or look "horrendous", so I was petrified before I found Dr. Pousti. I'm really excited to get these things outta me, and get on with life.

Surgerey Tom

So excited. Not nervous. Totally calm and looking forward for tomorrow. After months of wait my explant surgery is finally here. I'm mentally prepaid for the worst, because I have been completely encouraged by all you brave ladies who have been courageous enough to do it. I will have an update- maybe a pic- after my surgery. Wish me luck!

I'm glad you made it to the other side happily! Sending good healing vibes your way.

I hope all went well and you are feeling lighter! Looking forward to your updates!
Good luck hun!!! I'm sure you will look awesome! It feels SO good to have all that pressure off your chest (and off your mind!)!

walked out with a smile after the OP

Surgery went well. I felt nothing after surgery for several hours, obviously due to the anesthesia. Since I was under local anesthesia I fully participated in the surgery. At some points it was a bit tough because I was able to feel the tugging and removal of the implant. The music and great conversation we were all having in the operation room helped me take my mind off the situation. Overall the procedure could not have been as bad as a visit to the dentist. In fact I rather do this twice before heading to the dentist, but that's just me. I had no pain all yesterday, but today I really do feel a bit sore. I am due back for a check up on Monday so I will be posting pics then.

Thanks. Certainly do feel lighter. Will post pics on Monday.

510 cc of plastic in me

bummer.

How bad did it feel under local anaesthesia? Do you think someone who's very nervous could go through with it? Thanks!
HI! It didn't feel too bad under local anesthesia, but then again I'm a bit tolerant to these situations. By this i mean i can consider myself an adrenaline junkie so the idea of being on a table , being cut open is more like a challenge to me. (I'm a weirdo i know..lol) However, if you are like most of my friends and family that I spoke to about my experience I don't think it would be the best idea. You are completely participating in the surgery and though your under anesthesia you do feel the tugging and pulling of the procedure. I did reach a point through the surgery where i thought I would not continue but I stuck in there anyway. My PS did prescribed me Valium so that helped to relax me. I don't mean to scare you at all but I just want you to consider that you are pretty much aware of everything that is going on. You will not see anything because there is a divider between your neck and the area of operation, nonetheless you are conscience. When my PS injected the local anesthesia it did pinch a bit even though the nurse had put numbing cream. Anyway think it throught and please don' hesitate to ask me questions. GOOD LUCK:)
I definitely will think about it. I read many reviews on here and asked several girls about their experience, and still can't quite decide what I wanna do... Yeah I am super indecisive lol I could get some IV sedation but am really afraid that it would hurt my brain and my memory. I don't think I've had anything done with local anesthesia only except for my cavities, so it's really difficult to imagine how I would handle the surgery awake.

4 Day Follow up

Saw my PA yesterday, she said everything is looking and moving well. As of now I still don't feel any pain, my only complaint has been the itchiness of the bandages. My PS pointed out that i had been carrying around nearly two pounds (510cc each). No wonder my neck ached so bad! Over happy with results- NO REGRETS yet only wish I had done it sooner.

4 Day Follow up

You look marvelous and I know you've got to feel better! You'll be running before you know it :)
Thanx! I definitely feel better!
Yap, Great looking !! congratzz !!

11 Post Explant

Congrats you look GREAT!

11 days Post Explant

Its been 11 days since my explant op and I must admit I have not felt this great about my self image since before I put them in. 6 days after my op, I noticed I was getting a rash on my right breast. It was very itchy and I though it had been caused by the gauge or wrap. Anyway I sent a picture of it to my PS and she prescribed me an anti-biotic and a cream to apply on it for 5 days. So far so good. The rash or infection has began to dissolve. There is also a bit of scabbing on my right nipple, this is due to the area in which the local anesthesia was administered. My PS said it will dry up and eventually fall off.

Congrats! So jealous. Do you feel you went back to looking like you did before you ever got implants? This is one of my concerns. I want to make sure I go back to looking like I did before!
Thank you! Like you I was super concerned with the results, but I was convinced that even if the results were bad it would not compare to the way I was feeling having the implants in. I hated the plastic inside and how perfect they looked. I think my breast are very similar to the way they use to look. In fact I find them cuter! I went to my doctor today and I mentioned to her that it was as if i never had the BA because my results were that great. Good luck to you, I totally encourage you to get them done if you are unhappy.
Wow, you are looking great! I am scheduled 7/19. My PS also said that he would leave the capsule in, but I'm getting conflicting information EVERYWHERE about taking it out/leaving it in and now I don't know what to do... Did you get different opinions on this from your other consults? I think I'm going to have a second opinion just to be sure. I'd love to just leave it in and have a simple explant so my recovery is easier, but I don't ever want to have breast surgery again for this. Glad you are doing so well!

21 Days Post-Explantation

As always very positive about my decision and out come. I Feel light as a feather and have found a whole new appreciation for my small breast. I had a doctors appt on Monday and Dr. Chong was very happy with my results. She suggested I buy BIO-OIL, to apply on the scar and rash that I had developed. The rash/infection has diminished but it left behind a bit of a scab so I am applying the bio-oil there. Dr. Chong has given me the Ok to exercise, but to keep it light- that means no heavy lifting/crossfit for another 2 weeks (just to be on the safe side). I no longer wear the ace wrap. Got rid of that about a 1 1/2 ago. I do, however, wear a snugged sports bra.
I've noticed that I have more sensation on both breast, but maybe its bc they are still tender. One thing is true, I no longer have the neck spasm that I use to get on my right side- just like magic!

Congrats! You look amazing! Do you feel like you went back to your pre-operative state?
You look so great!! Your result is inspiring, and hopefully mine turn out half as well as yours did. You commented that you noticed your nipples had shrunk after the procedure. Did you notice that right away? Or did it take some time to happen?

3 1/2 months Post Breats Explantation

Ladies i can't believe its been over 3 months. I have seen small changes along the way and I'm completely satisfied and happy with my results. Absolutely no regrets EXCEPT getting them put in the first place. Even then I can't actually say that was a regret because it was a decision I made that unfortunately did not pan out. Kinda like being in a long term relationship that don't work out at the end yet no hard feelings or regrets just memories- hopefully. You live and you learn like most of you are feeling. To those still beating yourself up or debating about getting them out I highly encourage you too. Why? because your not happy with them now so you might as well get them out and feel better about doing something about it. Overall, I still apply Bio-oil on and try to exercise and eat well. I feel like this has helped along the way..