anticipating getting these toxic bags out...- Woodland Hills, CA

For as long as I could remember I wanted big boobs...

For as long as I could remember I wanted big boobs. I was teased a lot when I was younger and as I got older padded bras just were not cutting it. I was sad and depressed over it for the longest time. I kept thinking "oh I cant wait to get pregnant so I can see what it would be like with big boobs" well that dream shattered when after many years of trying to conceive Dr's finally told me that I wouldnt be able to have children. I had already lost two (ectopic) lost a fallopian tube and was turning 40.. One Dr even told me that I should seek grieve counseling because the chances were so slim.

Fine: "then I will go get the boobs Ive always wanted" I said out loud and proud... around the same time I had just met a girlfriend who upon meeting quickly told me how she was scheduled to get breast implants done that month by Dr. Fisher. She totally strengthened my enthusiasm to get them done and finalized my decision...

I was making a decent living at the time and thought hell why not. I can pay them off pretty quick and have big boobs too... A win win.. So off I went to interview surgeons... I probably would of went to Dr. Fisher but he was double what I paid and the Dr. I chose was in the office right next to his so I thought why not... I did however, see quite a few but really meshed well with one in particular. His name is Dr. Aboolian and he got my humor and made me feel at ease when I would laugh and make jokes about my little boobs... when the other surgeons just sat their professional and straight faced. I also liked his photos. He was straight forward and I liked that too so I went with him. They went down in price from $9,000 to $7,000 because I told them I wanted to schedule surgery ASAP. I was so confident and excited. I had brought in pictures of what I wanted them to look like and pictures of what I did not want them to look like. He didnt have me try them out first which I hear Drs doing but he had me hold a couple different kinds. I didnt know the difference either way nor did I care. I put all of my trust into this man in hopes he would make my body beautiful... Little did I know that my body was already beautiful the way God made me.. I realize that now. I just wanted to be bigger than an A cup and smaller than a D... I ended up with DD... Way way too big and make me top heavy... I have bare photos of before I just have to find them... Right now I have what they look like with clothes and then what I look like now. Ill continue to add photos as I find them...

Ok back to my story...

My girlfriend got hers two weeks before I was scheduled to get mine done. Her surgery was flawless and I anticipated mine to be the same.

On June 6, 2010 I went into surgery.. I brought my picture to make sure he knew what I wanted and under I went. After the surgery I was anxious to see what he did but I had to wait. From what I saw I liked... days passed and bandages were taken off and I was so freaked by how big they were. My first visit back to him I expressed my concern and he just brushed it off. "Oh Nikie, this is what you wanted and soon they will soften up and fall into place. It takes time" Weeks went by and they started to soften but still too big. I tried to enjoy them but the numb feeling and the fact that I couldnt lay on my stomach irritated me not to mention having my nipples touched was so annoying... My Fiance was so upset. I hated my boobs and it wasnt even a month. At month 5 my fiance left for 2 months to do a play in Georgia... That day I was scheduled for a laser facial.. I wasnt feeling quite right so I took a pregnancy test just to be sure since if I was pregnant I wouldnt be able to get the facial anyway... To my surprise I was indeed pregnant. I couldnt believe it. My fiance and I had been having problems a month before and were only together one day that month. who knew?

Flash forward: My Fiance and I moved in together and started planning our wedding... we wanted to do something sometime when our daughter could walk... everything was great.. and during pregnancy my boobs did not change at all that I noticed... I gave birth July 14, 2011 and 6mths postpartum I got mastitis... immediately I felt my left boob harden up. It was the craziest feeling... every day I felt it get harder and harder. I remember having my girlfriend come over and massage it in hopes it would soften. My Dr. never really explained Capsular Contracture before so I was unaware of what it was and how much pain I was about to be in. Because I was breast feeding there wasnt much that could be done. He did offer me to take Singular and indocin at the same time... which I ended up doing even though I was breast feeding because the pain was unbearable. thank God my baby is ok and it did not do any harm... Looking back that was selfish as nobody could tell me if it would cause damage to a newborn or not and I just wanted to feel better. The medicine did help but not by much. It just eased the pain and stopped it from squeezing any harder. I had been in touch with my Dr. and he continued to tell me that there isnt anything he could do until I quit breast feeding which by the way, only one boob worked after everything was all said and done... so I said fine, Ill breast feed a month and then have the surgery. At 14 months and still breast feeding I find out I was pregnant again... We postponed our wedding and I postponed my explant surgery... I couldnt believe it. Pregnant again?? How could I be so blessed... I couldnt of been more happier.

Flash Forward: 3mths postpartum I get mastitis... again I feel my breast start to tighten this time it was both of them. The left I couldnt even move. It was like a coconut was stuck to my chest and then the right one started to get hard on top an forced my boob to point down... I mean you can imagine right?? I look ridiculous and now Im self conscious of my body... I cant even begin to tell you how gross I look. Something I did 3 years ago to make myself look desirable now is tearing me apart. I am constantly in sports bras.. Literally. I live in them. I hate the feeling of skin on skin. Yes, Im breast feeding and yes only one boob is only working but honestly, I dont think if I wasnt breast feeding they would look any different. Maybe a bit smaller but not by much. they still would be distorted and thats the worst.

I recently, saw my general Dr and at a routine check up he felt my breast and noticed a lump. He sent me to get an ultrasound and thank God its ok but on the lsft side there appears to be a leak or rip with fluid around the breast implant so now I know why Ive been feeling so run down.. Im being poisoned by these awful things. they need to come out. My Dr. referred me to an in network Surgeon Dr. Shay Dean who takes my insurance in hopes that it would be covered... I went in to meet him and was pleasantly surprised despite the neg reviews... He was nice and professional. He told me that I would need a lift. That would be coming out of my pocket and would be an extra $3500 if they did the explant and lift at the same time. I was ok with that, I just had to wait until I was done breast feeding. That was 6 months ago.. I recently went back in to see if anything has changed and physically nothing has but he has changed his mind saying that I would need to have 2 separate surgeries. One for the explant and one for the lift because if he did them at the same time the blood supply to my nipple could be compromised, it would die and then fall off. "WHAT"??? Oh hell no... and on top of that its an extra $7000 and he wants to put in littler implants with the lift.. nope. Time for a second opinion... After that visit I came home and called Allergan. They approved me to get them taken out on them and to replace the implants if I so choose... (Ha, of course... NOT) since there was a leak and tear.. so either way if I see an in network Dr who takes my insurance or I have Allergan take care of the bill I will still have to pay out of pocket for my lift... If I even need one... Please take a look at my photos and tell me what you think... Can you just get a lift in one boob and not two?

To be continued...

My doctor has told me I will look pretty awful post-explant, but I'm opting out of a lift. Not only was it double the price, but I just didn't want to further traumatize my breasts. I've seen so many women who look lovely without a lift, so I'm just hoping for the best. I can always decide to get a lift later on if I am truly unhappy, but I want to see how things turn out without one first. You've already made the most important decision...getting those toxic implants out of you! :)

Congrats on your beautiful babies! Your contracted breast looks SO painful. You poor thing. I'm looking forward to your updates as you progress through this journey back to YOU. It looks like you're already getting a lot of support from the lovely ladies in this community.

Several women here were happy w Lavinia Chong. I went down to San Diego and had it done by dr Pousti--very happy!! I bet if you call both their offices and explain that you'd like a consult, found them on RealSelf but would like the consult fee waived, they'd do it.

Updated before and after shots...

I dont think I ever stated the size of my implants... I got Allergan 375 Naturelle Silicone Filled Under Muscle. Uggghh Im so mad at myself.

Oh my gosh , you had beautiful breasts before implants! Don't worry they will bounce right back:) my breasts were not beautiful before implants and now (post Explant) I LOVE them more than I dreamed! And more than that, I had CC in both, as well. You don't realize the level of pain and discomfort we lived with, until they are gone! Praying for you on your journey:)
Znikie...I can so identify with your conflict to lift or not to lift. I have severe cc and not my first revision since 84 but my theory is this. I am putting faith in my body to repair to its most original position and not to the knife in the hand of another ...again. I believe I will be able to see my breasts in a relaxed unstressed unstretched state as the closest to their original selves. Give em a chance...work out the muscle tissue to develop pectoral fullness...ensure enough hormones to be fluffing with plenty massage and another theory...my young breasts were small because they were narrow and pointy...now they will probably hang flattened but wider from having been pocketed filled and stretched out...not too dissimilar to breasts that have nursed filled and emptied. ..looking sooo forward to my explantation...period. may our breasts now relax...resume your original position girls...no tight seams waiting to tug away...just done already. Just sayin. When I asked my doctor if I was crazy..he said he thought I was on the right track. Just to be cc free...omg!!! Anxious to see what direction you chose...thank you all for your post explant pics...just amazing how much better the afters look!!!
Gosh, your natural breasts were perfect, I bet you're going to be so happy to get them back! Your CC looks so uncomfortable, sorry that happened.

Are There Any Reputable Dr's That You Trust in the Los Angeles Area?

As you all know, I am in need of getting these things out and Im in the process of setting up appointments with Dr. Kim in Orange County and Dr. Lavinia Chong. but they are a little farther than I would like to go. Obviously, they both come highly recommended and I am willing to travel a bit but with two babies its hard for me to even get out to the grocery store for an hour... (which I call my vacation) by the way :) So that said, Im Looking for free consultations in the Los Angeles area, if possible.

Also, I want to thank you all... You have been such amazing support through this journey and want you all to know that...

it looks like you have great skin tone, I bet you will look great without a lift. I'm surprised that mine aren't dangling around my knees after having them since I was 19! I think you'll look amazing!
Awe thanks Rascal100... Im just nervous because of the CC and them having to scrape everything out. Plus there is a leak so they have to really clean everything. I have to find a super skilled surgeon to take this mess on if I dont want a lift. Someone not skilled could really botch me up. I have a consultation with Dr. Michelle Spring on the 27th... praying she is the "one"
Hi znikie. I, too, live in Los Angeles and I consulted with 4 plastic surgeons here and Lavinia Chong in Newport Beach. Like you, I would have preferred to find someone here in L.A. a short drive from my apartment so I could just zip over and back and avoid traffic, but Dr. Chong impressed me more than any of the others I saw and I know she's worth the drive to Newport Beach. She asked important questions none of the others did, took measurements that they didn't, explained to me in great detail what to expect and seemed both very intelligent and very compassionate. I really think she should be at the top of your list. Yes, it takes about an hour to get to her office in Newport Beach, but considering you/we have to live with the results of our surgery for the rest of our life, that hour each way is a small sacrifice for getting the results we really want. She's not the type to push a lift on you if it's not what you want, but she will be completely honest with you about whether or not you will need one and whether or not it's better to do it now or wait six months after your skin has healed and contracted. I have total faith in her integrity and her desire to do what's right for the patient instead of what's going to pad her bank account. However, if it really is too difficult for you to leave your husband and child to make the trips back and forth to Newport, the doctor I would go with in the L.A. area is Dr. Michelle Spring. http://www.realself.com/find/California/Marina-Del-Ray/Plastic-Surgeon/Michelle-Spring Of the 5 PS's I saw, she was right up there with Dr. Chong and I would have chosen her if I hadn't met Dr. Chong and couldn't make it to the O.C. for whatever reason. Dr. Spring is in Marina Del Rey, so depending on where in L.A. you live, she shouldn't be much of a drive for you. I think we're about the same age. I'm 43 and got my implants at age 26 and I don't need a lift. Yours are big, but maybe since they're only 3 years old your skin might contract better afterward than if you had left them in longer. Whoever you ultimately choose, I wish you luck! You'll feel so much better when those are out and you're back to your fit, petite self again.

Consultation with another Dr... Fingers Crossed.

So I researched all day and called several Drs and boy am I exhausted...

I finally made an appointment with Dr. Michelle Spring in Marina Del Rey which I am really excited about. She is close to where I live, a female (which I preferred) and free consultations.. Not sure if she takes my insurance but I dont really care at this point. I just want them out and want to find the right Dr.

I called Dr. Lavinia Chong but she was booked up until the end of Jan just for Consults and I didnt want to wait that long. So bummed because she takes my insurance and came highly recommended by a bunch of you amazing women... On Jan 1 they will stop taking my insurance and to be honest with you if I can have the removal paid for Id rather go that route. I deserve it for all Ive been through... Plus I still owe $3000 on these stupid leaking toxic bags of no fun! This was the most expensive mistake I have ever made.. I look at myself and cringe. I cant believe I did this to my body. It was fine before. I know that now. I hate that we have to learn from mistakes.

Ive also been reading more and more about Silicone leaks and whoa... no wonder why Ive been feeling this way. Pain, Shortness of breath, Visual/silent migraines, achy body, foggy head (thought that was just pregnancy brain still) Just overall tired... Now I just need to stop breast feeding. Im so scared but then I think is it seeping into the breast milk and is this why my now 9mth old is so cranky all the time? He hasnt been sick, thank God... but I cant help but to think I could potentially be making him sick if I continue to breast feed. Last month I was so stressed out that I wasnt producing any milk so I had to suppIement with formula... Uggh it was the worst feeling. I felt like a failure... thankfully by the grace of God I started to produce more but now have a sick feeling I might be hurting him if I continue.. I hate this and cant wait for it all to be over... Havent been able to enjoy my pregnancy, sex, breast feeding/bonding with my baby, my body... so much I havent been able to enjoy because of these stupid implants that I just HAD to have.

Sorry to be extra negative but I need to vent... Gearing myself up and ready to love myself again. Thanks again you all for being there for me. I appreciate it from the bottom of my heart. Ill keep you posted.

Ok I just read your review again and you already said Allergan would cover some. The question of whether you "need" a lift...no one needs a lift. You may want one but no one needs one. I got a lift at explant and I'm happy so far (5 weeks out), but if I was willing to be patient and give my body a year and see what it would do, I likely wouldn't have needed the lift. I think you had a lot going on w your body, and doin the explant and being saggy while your body adjusts is a good idea, if you have te patience. And BTW you said you still owe $3000--is that something you could get Allergan to pay your PS? I know it's anesthesia and surgeons fees, but is annoying to be paying for something that's broken :(
What I am hoping for, is that once they are removed and they scrap out all the scar tissue that I will have some breast tissue left. So far the 2 Drs I saw both told me I will not have any breast tissue and i will be flat as pancakes... I was already flat so what the hell right?
Also would Allergan pay for any of it since they are leaking?

Sooo Many Mixed Emotions :(

Uggghhh, Im really having a hard time with this Ladies... I could really use some genuine words of comfort... Im in the process of weaning my son from breast feeding. Today he has only fed once the rest was formula... Its killing me. Im so not ready but I know that I have to do this in order to prepare my body for surgery (whenever that is going to be) I swear I hope that Dr. Spring is the right Dr... I see her on Nov 27th and praying I LOVE her... My parents are coming to spend Christmas with us for 10 days which would be a perfect time to get these damn things out. I never really produced a lot of milk and only one boob was working anyway and I had to take Domperidone in order to produce it so Im pretty sure I would only need a month to dry it up... Im just soooo SAD. I sobbed a couple time because he is my life and feel he could really benefit from my milk... On a good note, my girlfriend just had a baby a week ago and is willing to donate some of her milk to me so praying once she gets settled in she will have enough to share with me. It still will not be the same. I love our bonding time... I suppose he could comfort nurse on the boob that didnt work to begin with but OUCH!

Im just having some emotional episodes this past week since Ive joined. Dont get me wrong... all of your stories have seriously strengthened my enthusiasm but If any of you breast fed I suppose you could relate.

I also contacted my General Dr and will be getting a referral to another Dr in network with my insurance... Yippee.. to bad all the Dr. that take my insurance have ok to horrible reviews. I found one with 4 out of 5 stars in Torrance his name is Ronald Rosso... so I will go ahead and check him out in hopes if Dr. Spring doesnt work out he will..

Thank you for taking the time to read this long winded message. Love and light to all of you...

Hi! I can relate to so much of what you said. I also immediatly felt regret over the size of my implants. Over the years and through a pregnancy they have gotten larger and gravity has not been kind. The weight of them has certainly not done my back any favors. I really feel for women who became ill from beast implants years ago before anyone believed them-still I guess most people don't widely accept this but at least now its not unheard of. Have you hears of Dr Susan Kolb? She wrote the book "the naked truth about breast implants". She's a plastic surgeon (actually i will be seeing her in about a week for explant!) who has faced a lot of criticism for her assertion that breast implants can make women very ill. I met with another surgeon before i learned about her and he told me I would need implants to be happy in addition to a lift. So at least 2 surgeries. It is common to have the explant and lift be done separately- a good doctor would never chance sacrificing the integrity of blood flow to your nipples. Not to say its impossible to have both done at the same time. I think it depends on the doctor's opinion once they get in there. Hang in there. Dont be too hard on yourself- you were sold the same lie the rest of us were sold. Live and learn right? Good luck!
Hi, I just wanted to share my experience with you. I'm 14 days post explantation and still breast feeding. I knew I didn't want to stop but needed to get my implants out as they're the PIP ones so I went with a surgeon who supported my continued feeding choices. It doesn't have to be the end of feeding if you don't want it to be. Xx
NewGirl74 I would love to see more of your story. Did you write a review? I'm in the same position. I would like to have mine out because of rupture but I don't plan on weaning. I would've scheduled the explant by now if I could just form a plan in my mind for the post op recovery. How do you nurse right after? Were you wrapped with an ace? How did you stay bound and still nurse? Did you have drains? Did you have a capsulectomy? I really, really don't want to make her wean until she's ready. And I am in no way ready. Were you afraid of damage to breastfeeding anatomy during the explant? I'm so afraid of further damage (I already have numbness in my right side with an inability to have a letdown in that side without stim on the left). Any more info you could share would be so super helpful. Thank you!

What questions should I ask at my consultations??

Well, I went ahead and made an appointment for Dr. Chong even though she can not see me until Jan 6 for the consult. I figured if I havent found a Dr by then, what the hell. She comes highly recommended.. I also changed my appointment with Dr. Spring from the 27th to this Thurs 21st at 2:30... very excited. I am also waiting to see if I get approved with a Dr that will take my insurance.

I am just wondering what questions should I ask besides the obvious? I am making a list now and dont want to miss anything. I hate when I think I have everything all down and then leave there smacking my head wishing I would of asked a different question.

Just wondering if you all had that experience and could pass it on to me.

My implant Dr. thankfully got back to me saying he would wave the copy fees to get my medical records. Thank God. Also hearing NewGirl74 experience, it gives me so much hope to be able to breast feed and still get these out. I never knew it was possible and excited to see if Dr. Chong or Dr Spring will support that. I really do not want to dry up my milk for obvious reasons...

I also want to say that all of you have been so incredibly supportive and I can not thank you enough for all of your kind words and advice. This journey has been long and I anticipate with all your support a successful ending...

Much love to all of you.

Hi...I have been reading your story. I hope you are feeling a little better today, I keep having high's and low's too so I hope today is a good day for you. I too breast fed my daughter. She is now a teenager. I have also felt so frustrated and frightened. I hope you sort out your payment. I guess it's no good sharing my fees for comparison as I am in the UK. One thing I did notice is that you said you have a rupture. I have been told by one surgeon to have the capsule removed enbloc and the other surgeon has said he will wash them out and hopefully get the silicon out but if he doesn't get it all out, not to worry as it won't matter as silicon doesn't cause any harm....bet you can guess which surgeon I favour:-) have your surgeons recommended you having yours removed enbloc? xxxx
Hi... thank you so much for your comment. I actually have my consultation with Dr Spring today in about an hour. Im excited. This whole process is just killing me. I really do not want to have to pay for anything anymore. I feel like I shouldnt have to for all the pain and trauma Ive been through. We will see. I will keep you posted :)
Your story is incredible, who wouldve thought right, it brings joy to my heart to hear that you were able to get pregnant, twice! I learned something today, I didn't know there was grieving counseling, I think it would've helped me greatly when I lost mine. You said you sometimes have no milk, I'm not very familiar with breastfeeding but I hear good things about fenugreek, is this true? I cant believe you have been trying to take those implants out forever and they have caused you so much pain, but good thing you didn't go ahead with your first surgeons opinion. I think you need a lot of opinions so you are well informed and make the best choice. I personally did not like Michelle Spring, she did not take the time with me at all, I kept asking her questions and she would give me a very short answer, I felt very rushed. She didnt assure me of anything, you can read my review. I heard good things about Dr. Kim and extremely good things about Dr. Chong, I also went to see Dr. Stuart Linder in Beverly Hills, they wanted to charge me 6,500 for explant but they felt very bad about my situation and dropped it to 4,000. Almost the same as Dr. Chong but thats because I needed to go under twilight anesthesia since I had silicone otherwise it would have been 2,800 with her. I still chose Dr. Chong because she deeply cares about her patients, I had a 2 hr consultation with her, really who takes that much time? I also wanted to go to Dr. Bandy in Torrance but they wanted to charge me $250 for consultation, no way. I think you'll fall in love with Dr. Chong if she has the correct approach for you. What insurance do you have that will only accept it til Jan 1. I almost feel your pain when I read your story and can tell you that you will be relieved of that pain after explant. You wont have that squeezing feeling anymore, I would experience that a lot and would start crying. I cant believe implants can make any breasts look worse over time, some often think it wont happen to them but clearly its the procedure itself that is damaging. You say you have physical symptoms, can you relate to this story. http://siliconerally.wordpress.com/alyssa/ I hope everything turns out great for you, Ill be following your story and praying for the best.

Consultation with Dr. Michelle Spring

So, I had my consultation with Dr. Spring. I signed in 15 min early and was greeted right away. The front desk staff was very nice. My name was called at my scheduled time of 2:30. I was brought back to the exam room and there I waited for Dr. Spring for 30 min. I was not impressed. At one point, I really just wanted to get dressed and go home and as I started to get up to put on my shirt the nurse peeked her head though saying Dr. Spring will be right in. Then I heard a loud "Happy Birthday Dr. Spring" Not sure if that was the reason she took her time to get to me. she came in and introduced herself. She was nice but by that point I was so tired and kind of pissed. We went over what was going on and she mentioned that she would remove my implants and I could still breast feed but she would not do a lift unless I quit breast feeding for at least 3 months. She said I might not even need a lift especially in the left one which was awesome to hear by a Dr. but in the same breath said that I might. She said the reason why the right one is pointing down could just be because of the capsular contracture and mentioned we could do a staged approach and just have them removed and then wait to see what happens and then do a lift if I need it. Im still very much torn by what to do. Im pretty strapped for cash right now and doing the staged method really puts a damper on things. Im really praying I dont need a lift. We wrapped our consultation in 30 min. She answered all my questions and of course when I left I thought of more. They do not take my insurance so my saving grace would be that I really do have a rupture like the ultrasound says and Allergan pays for it or I have to pay out of pocket which is $4500 plus cost of labs. I dont have that right now.... I did get a free facial worth $150 not sure if I will ever use it if I dont happen to use her as my Surgeon... Ive also been doing more and more research on fat transfer and HELLO... Im totally kicking myself... why didnt I just do that? Cost the same with no chance of capsular contracture and BONUS they take fat from those unwanted areas... Uggh so pissed at myself. I know I can still do it and I might if I dont need a lift. I have another consult with Beverly Hills Plastic Surgery group on Dec 2 and then Dr. Chong on Jan 6th... will keep you all posted. Thank you all again for all of your support.

Yeah I think the fat transfers are only starting to gain popularity now, a few years back I don't think many doctors were offering the procedure!?
I have been reading some horror stories about these too... Gonna keep it natural. :)

Finally Got My Before And After Photos From My Implant Dr.

Im so incredibly upset. If only I can turn back the time. why did I hate my body so much? I never liked my implants from the time that I got them. As you can see he did not do a good job on me and how hard is it to get a small C tear drop shape? Instead I got DD and weird misshapen boobs. Im sorry every post is negative. I really want to be positive that my explant will be a success. I also got my medical records so Im ready to go... Next consultation is Dec 2nd then another on Dec 12th and then one on Jan 6th... Thank you all again for the outpour of support... I can not thank you enough for helping me get through this journey... :) and :(

Znikie...not sure you got my note. Im my last night before the explant odessy. In lieu of consulting a new...I am flying to California to return to the fine hands of the ps I trust. The logistics a bit cumbersome but gonna turn it into a vacation ha! I so feel for you...I tried to post my pictures and review but have been unsucessful. My left breast is lovely after all these years but my right is large and very angry. Initial implants in the eighties...replaced smaller in 08. Now I return and be done. He fit me in and I am so grateful...I asked him if I thought I was crazy and he said he thought I was on the right track. Dr. Perlman is a wonderful surgeon and extremely kind. I would not only ttravel overseas to him...I would highly recommend him as well...Dr. Jon Perlman...Beverly Hills. My procedure is Wednesday at 10. Pray for breast tissue;) I look forward to your post op pictures...you have beautiful breasts in there...somewhere!! I will keep you posted.
Thank you.. There are so many Drs and of course I want the best one for me. Its been such a fight and just looking forward to the day these things come out. Im so excited for you... How exciting. I have a consultation today and one on the 12th so I will keep you posted with mine... In the meantime, I will check out Dr. Perlman... Sending you only lots of love and light...
One more thing, I am 43 (much older than you) and my breasts Puffed right back up, just in two weeks!! They will continue to fill back in over time. (There is a small indentation where the implant was but it is filling back in) I was basically the same exact size as you were to start. Hated the implants from day one. And sadly this is my second set of implants and second contracture!!(never again!) So, if at my age and my second explant and capsulectomy and mine can go back to natural, yours will definately!!!!!

UGGGHHH... Another disappointing Consultation :(

Im so upset... I have to tell you all... get super confident and excited when I talk to you ladies... some of you even have sort of the same problem/issues as me and opted out of a lift and look amazing... but then I go into a consultation thinking I will find a Dr that will tell me exactly what you all are telling me and then I get a big slap in the face...

Basically, my consult today in a nutshell... Heather the office consult Manager was very nice. She called me back into the room almost immediately after I arrived. I thought that was really great and deserved a gold start for not making me wait. I changed into my gown and waited no more than 5 minutes and the Doctors both came in... Yes, there were two. Dr. Layke and Dr. Danielpour... They were very nice and we meshed well right away but then After discussing everything that was going on they both basically told me that I will literally hate myself if I do not get a lift. That I absolutely NEED a lift and told me if I dont My boobs will look like deflated balloons and anyone that tells me they will fluff out is lying straight to my face. They said that I do not have much breast tissue... which I already knew and you all can see from my before photos... They told me there is no way in hell that my boobs will bounce back to anywhere near what they used to be. Especially my right side. They told me that both sides will droop so much that my nipples will be pointing straight down and will be severely deformed.. yes, those words came out of their mouths... They also do not take my insurance and wanted to be very clear with me that if there is not a tear in my implant as the ultrasound suggest then I will be paying a pretty penny out of pocket... They told me that they would do a lift at the same time no problem but I would have to stop breast feeding which means that I will have to wait at least 6 months so my milk can dry up. They will not do a lift if I am still breast feeding and that would mean a second surgery which means more money. a lift separate surgery with lift will cost 10,000- 12,000... GULP.... I dont have that kind of money laying around... Basically, Im right back where I started and not feeling good about any of the Doctors that I met so far. Am I being unreasonable? can I get away with not getting a lift and actually loving my natural self? Or am I being ridiculous thinking my 42 year old skin will bounce back at least 50%... Im not even asking for 100% just 50% and I will be happy... Now I am terrified.

I kept my cool in the room but broke down when I left. So sad!!!

The procedures do get very costly. You should call around and ask if the doctors will do removal under local anesthesia. If not, don't bother with a consult. You'll have to make a lot of calls to find one. Should cost $800-$1200 for removal under local only. Take that as step 1 - to get them out which is your primary focus. Give your breasts a few months to bounce back. I can't believe that you were told your breasts will look deformed. That sounds like BS by a PS to me. They will most likely bounce back to close to before within 6 months. If you end up with extra skin that bothers you then move on to step 2 of a breast lift. Don't get pushed into doing something you aren't sure about by the doctors. From my own experience they seem to be very good at that.... And most importantly keep your chin up. You will find the right doctor and get those removed.
Do you think with all the scar tissue that needs to be scrapped that I could do local? No PS has suggested it but now that you brought it up maybe I will ask. Sounds right up my alley. Id rather do that than being put under...
Znikie. .. Im laying here not looking. Just not much caring about whats in there. Hope you had an encouraging consult yesterday...basically you nor I had choices. So believe in your body...appreciate your man and shop for ruffled blouses;-) let me know if you met Perlman...would be curious what you thought

Have to reschedule my consult for tomorrow :(

Uggh. Having to cancel my consult with a Dr that takes my insurance tomorrow until the 9th of Jan... Im so bummed... My Fiance got called into work last minute and unfortunately, all the sitters that we know cant help me out. My appt was at 5:45 in the OC which is about and hour and 1/2 away and with traffic can be hours.... Now I have to wait a month. Thank goodness the Holidays go really fast. So as of now I do not have a Dr that I want to do my explant and really praying that the New Year starts off right... I need some positive energy because Im a big ball of negativity right now... I hope everyone else is going well and I will most definitely keep you all updated as things come along over here... Thanks again for all your support and love.

A woman who explanted/lift with Michelle Spring left a review here several months ago about negligence, infections, that the Dr left the country and did no followup care -- and that she was going to sue for malpractice. This is all "hearsay", but please go with your gut. Most of us end up with several frustrating and disappointing consultations - and many of us end up traveling to go to the right surgeon. If you do not have a good, confident, supportive, and attentive feeling in the consultation - DO NOT GET KNOCKED OUT AND CUT OPEN BY THAT DR. Be choosy, or open to moderate travel (in LA area, shouldn't have to go more than 50 miles!). Traveling to an awesome surgeon through a bit of traffic is far less stressful than having a botched/less than ideal/emotionally traumatic surgical experience next door! For California, I have seen nothing but beautiful reviews of Dr Lavinia Chong, and Dr Pousti. Many other Drs have a good review or 2 - certainly they aren't the only choices -- but Pousti and Chong have excellent explant reviews stacking up day after day. Best wishes, pick the right person for you, who will do the job right the first time! Xoxoxo
Yikes...so happy you let Znikie know!! Xx
Ugghh.. GROSS... Im so disgusted with PS... Seriously... I have a consult with Dr. Chong on Jan 6th but seriously... my insurance is going to pay for the removal and I would love to find a good Dr in network so I dont have to dump anymore money into these things... I still owe money on them and Im not working right now so that would really put a damper on things. dont worry... In my post above, I really was not happy with Dr. Spring or her office... so I can assure you that I will not be using her... Thank you so much for confirming how much I will not be using her :) xo

Just wanting to wish you all....

Happy Holidays... I could not do this without each and everyone of you... You all are the best gift to me... You help guide me in the RIGHT direction and I can not thank you enough... Best Wishes and a Happy New Year...

How did your consult go??? I'm dying to hear about it!!!
Your story touched me deeply, hearing that you are not being able to get pregnant and now you are a mother of 2 now, wow.... I do really hope you find a surgeon suitable and understandable. Good luck and keep us posted! Thinking about you...... Take care!
Thinking of you fluffs jaja, I believe we are all excited to hear about your consults!! Xx

Consultation with Lavinia Chong...

Hello Beautiful Ladies... I just wanted to update you all on my consult with Dr. Chong... I can definitely say without going on any further she is my first choice. The day started out a drag. I was dreading driving 2 hours away in rush hour traffic so I decided to take my 2.5 year old with me. That way I could drive in the car pool lane. Thank the good lord above I took her because traffic was horrendous. I actually zipped right through with 15 min to spare. I arrived and signed in and the front dest receptionist/ financial consultant took my information. I was anticipating another disappointing consult... Mallory took me back to the room and asked me some questions. Wasnt in the room more than 5 min and Dr. Chong came in.. Immediately started chatting up my daughter. She was super cute and funny. I liked that. She asked me what "I" wanted and I told her an explant but Im still breast feeding. She explained the pros and cons and encouraged me to stop breast feeding to do the explant for ultimate results. Which I totally understand. My son will be a year old on Valentines Day and I think that would be a good day to stop. Only one boob is working anyway and Im only giving him about 8oz a day of my breast milk, about 8oz a day of my girlfriends breast milk and the rest is formula so he isnt exclusively breast feeding anyway. Its just so hard and Im sure some of you who have breast fed know what I am dealing with. Its a mothers instinct to feed her child. Anyway, Mallory took my daughter out of room to play with her so Dr. Chong and I could talk. She gave me a gown and I changed. Dr. Chong opened my gown and the look on her face when she saw my boobs was that of shock. I think she was surprised at how bad they were and could feel my pain. She pinpointed exactly where I am hurting and was very sincere. I told her to be very brutally honest with me. I then asked in her honest opinion if she thought that I needed a lift and what she thought my right boob would look like. I told her that I was a part of the Real Self community and pulled up my blog so I could show her my photos of before and after. She wanted to have an idea of what I looked like before. She saw my before and said how beautiful they were and of course I started bawling!!! She totally gave me a hug. She felt what breast tissue I had and told me based on the fact Im olive skin, no stretch marks, only had them in for 3 years, that I would probably end up with a B cup... I was amazed... so then of course I stopped crying and asked her if she thought I would need a lift since she hadnt even brought it up... She looked at me as said "NO" She was confident my skin was "Good Skin" and will tighten up nicely with time. They will be droopier than before but not "Flat Grandma Tits" like the first Dr I saw said. She told me they would not be distorted and I would be happy with the results. She said if I wasnt I could do a lift in the one breast if it falls droopier than the other. She was very confident that my left breast would bounce back perfectly.... I was soo happy. I then told her about the awful consults I had with all the other Drs. and she sympathized with me. She explained the sedation, which I love that I wont be fully under with a tube down my throat... I LOVE HER!!! She is amazing... I have one more consultation on the 14th and then I will be making my decision. The only reason Im going to my next consult is because they take my insurance. Unfortunately, Dr. Chong is a little out of my budget but when I spoke to my Fiance he was very excited that I finally found a Dr that I liked. I think if me and the Dr on the 14th do not mesh well he will be perfectly fine with Dr. Chong. It just feels right. Ugghh Why does money have to be such an issue right now. I have a month to decide so anyway.... that was my day... Dr. Chong is Awesome!! Thank you all who referred me to her. I would never have even thought about going to see her without all of you so for that I thank you from the bottom of my heart... You guys ROCK..

So glad you found Dr Chong! From what I've seen and read on this site I think she is right! You have a beautiful natural body that looks very healthy, you started with beautiful breasts and you havent' had them in long. You will have great results I believe! I had consults with several doctors about 6 years ago and was so discouraged I just put it on the back burner. They all made me feel that if I didn't get replacements I would so regret it. But so happy I found RealSelf! I don't want implants and feel and look stupid with them. I so wish more women who are thinking of getting them would read our blogs first! thank you for sharing your story. I am in consultation again to get them out. It's only a matter of time! Don't be hard on yourself. This will all soon be in the rear view mirror.
Good to hear that you had a positive meeting! So happy for you! A step closer! Keep up posted, please! Take care! X
I'm so glad your consult with Dr. Chong went well...I had a feeling you would like her. She was my first consult and I left feeling like I would definitely use her. She was such a genuine, kind and caring lady. Her staff was amazing as well. However, I do understand financial considerations are a factor and it's not an easy choice. Good luck with your next consult and I hope that you will get some very clear answers regarding which direction to take. I'm sure if you end up with Dr. Chong you would be in excellent hands.

Had my LAST consult finally...

I decided to go with him. I really liked his bedside manner. He was very honest and also said that he would remove the implants and I could still breast feed. That meant a lot.. The best part is that he takes my insurance. I LOVED Dr. Chong but honestly, I do not have $6,000 to spend right now. The thought of it, as some of you know, gave me serious anxiety. I prayed very hard that this last consult would work out and I thank the lord above Im comfortable and confident in my decision. He had a HUGE book full of photos and all of them looked great, which I believe is a good indication of a great Dr. He was very professional and works a lot with patients with cancer. He had done many explants and told me that I may need a lift in my right breast. He was amazed how distorted my breast are now. He knew exactly where I am in pain. They are going to submit to my insurance and I should hear from them in a couple of weeks. fingers crossed there is no issues with insurance. Anyway, I have recently just got turned on to DoTerra Essential Oils and will be using them before and after surgery. They are amazing and know they will totally help me through this process. If anyone is interested let me know and I will explain further. Thank you all again for guiding me through this journey. Much Love and Light to all of you... :)

znikie....awesome news! I'm so happy that you found someone you like and will do the procedure with your insurance. Soon you will be implant free. Woo Hoo!
YES!!!! yay.. Im so excited. I just want to get these damn things out. Still a bit scared at what tey will look like but I guess anything is better than what they are now, right?? :/ Ill definitely keep you posted as to when the surgery date will be. :)
Congratulations! I am so happy for you! I keep my fingers crossed for you! Please let us know once you know more. What do these oils do? How does it help? Many thanks!

YAY!!!! SURGERY DATE IS MARCH 12, 2014

I couldnt be happier... Don't get me wrong I'm totally freaked too but finally... My pain will be gone. Hoping they will look ok since I will not be getting a lift like 4 out of the 5 Dr's told me that I needed. My insurance was approved so it will be paid for. I can not tell you hoe excited I am that I will not have to pay for this... I will keep you all posted. Thanks again for all of your support... xoxo

Both of us have the same explant date!!! It's getting closer... I'm so excited, as I'm sure you are too :) Good luck!
Ahhhhhh Yay... I cant wait either... Im so excited.. Lets be in touch for sure :) xoxo
So true, and all the intelligent women here would agree when I say, we are at our most vulnerable state,in the doctor office so we trust with our hearts, most often ignoring the big red flags.. my last surgeon (voted most compassionate in the OC) told me to stop asking him stupid questions.(to the uci dr, was it my cerebral right brain liberalism? lol ) Another time I had my eyes close as he was removing my stitches while I was lying on the exam table and he leaned in to me in whisper “why do you have your eyes closed, are you afraid I might do something I'm not supposed to do? .. call it physician burnout, arrogance but that behavior is unacceptable ! We want our medical team to treat us with authenticity, but most important of all INTERGITY!!!. The lesson is, that we can can always transform a toxic experience into energy that sustains and strengthens us. It's called resilience, so ......fired my surgeon, reported him, because I like myself more then I liked him. My intuitive journey in life will always be one of unstoppable curiosity, filled with healing, health, sensuality,happiness and peace, because the divine goddess resides in all of us. (With or without boobs) ❤ ❤ namaste

ONE MORE WEEK!!!!!!

I can t even stand it. I have one more week to go and these toxic bags will be out of me forever. I just got my blood work done yesterday and registered at the hospital today! So excited... and nervous. Im pretty sure its because I have kids now and afraid to go under anesthesia... I wish there was a different way to get them out. Im just praying and praying that everything will go ok. Ive been under so many times before and I keep thinking of that but it still makes me nervous... My sisters will be flying in from Michigan to help while my fiance is at work. I cant wait to see them. I will keep you all posted... xox

Best of luck! Everything happens for a reason and I even if you aren't 100% happy right after the surgery, time will heal wounds- physical and emotional and I am sure you will be happy with your natural body once again! :)
Thank you so much! On my way now and so nervous!
Yay! I'm so excited for you!

ON MY WAY

To the hospital now. So nervous. Praying all goes well and hugs to those having surgery today too. Love and healing light!

Awe, sweetheart! I wish you all the best, I also had 2 babies with implants and mastitis and developed CC. I didn't do a lift, just a simple explant and not even capsule-removal... And guess what? They are just fine! Removal did not cause me to sag more, I am pleased I didn't do an all-in-1 explant and lift. Things take time to heal, but eventually they did for me, and my breasts evened out and corrected the CC asymmetry on their own, and are once again as matched of a pair as they ever were before implants. I am fine with having "mom boobs" and a little bit of overhang. I never had real "ptosis" and never really "needed" a lift... Just pseudo-ptosis (lower breast hangs over the inframammary fold, but nipples are well above) which happens to most women when they have babies without implants anyway. At this point, 1 yr post-explant, I feel my boobs look like the implants and CC ordeal never even happened... Probably very close to what they would have naturally looked like after 2 babies. I feel truly blessed, and I wish for you a wonderful outcome and resolution to your CC and sufferings. Give yourself time to heal, as much rest as you can, and patience! You may end up very pleasantly surprised that you don't "need" a lift either, and if that is the case you will be thrilled you didn't do them simultaneously! Think the best thoughts and happy healing.
Thinking of you and sending lots of love! I bet you are thrilled to have your explant complete and I'm sure you look beautiful!! Let us know how you are feeling!!
So excited for you! Keep us updated! Xo

SURGERY DONE....

So nervous how these are going to heal :( I have to say, I was very scared going into this but prayed and meditated to make sure I had a smooth surgery... I am so super sore and feeling a bit discouraged. The bandages were so tight I had to redo it lighter. Hope thats ok at this point I dont care because it was too uncomfortable. I posted a picture of after adjusting the photos. I am also thinking of taping my right boob up a little bit because my nipple is pointing straight down. :( this scares the crap put of me. I know they need to fluff and retract and I just had surgery today but this is just wrong... so sad. Let me know what all of you think and if any of you experienced this... Love you all. xoxo

Seriously, I had to come back to say that you really DO look SO much better than before. Already! Time will heal all wounds... You are going to be so much happier with them removed. Hang in there!
Love you... Thank you so much. Love this group...
How are you feeling today? My skin retracted a lot during the first 6 weeks. I bet yours will too. Hang tight. My boobs looked pretty rough the first few weeks. Bruises, squished skin and a funny shape. You have a lot of breast tissue and that is a good thing :-)

4 days after Explant....

Im feeling much better now that the morphine and anesthesia is out of my system. I had a reaction to, Im not sure what, maybe the surgical iodine. Maybe the antibiotics. Maybe the pain medication they prescribed to me. Either way, I had and still have a rash on my chest arms and stomach. You cant see it from the photos I just posted but I can feel it. Super itchy. The drains are horribly uncomfortable and I can not wait to get them out. Have to wait until next Tues. Who can tell me that I have nothing to worry about when they take them out?? Im terrified its going to hurt. They hurt now so I can imagine them pulling on them... GROSS... Overall, Im so incredibly happy that I am free of those disgusting implants... SERIOUSLY... I cant believe I still have to pay on them. Cant wait to see how my body heals in the up coming weeks. Very excited and POO POO on all those surgeons that insisted that I would need a lift. REALLY. How insensitive and greedy. I definitely will not be needing a lift and I thank God that I didnt listen to them. You all are my rock and I thank you for giving me the strength to listen to my gut... Love you all.

....congratulaltions and I agree you really don't need a lift you look fab!!
I'm five weeks postop this week and I was so worried to get my drains out. I went in and laid in the table, he snipped the stich yanked it out and that was it. It didn't hurt but it did feel weird. It only took about five minuets and I was so much more comfortable afterwards.
Oh thank goodness. I know I will feel even more amazing when they are out. I still cant believe how amazing I feel without those toxic bags... So so happy!!

DRAINS OUT :)

So excited... the drains are out... It wasnt as bad as I thought it was going to be. A little creepy but didnt hurt. It was quick. I thought they stitch it up but they didnt. I thought that was weird. Anyway. I added a photo... 1 week post op. Im overall happy with the results. My right one needs some fluffing and I hope it evens out a bit more. My nipple is definitely pointing downward and that scares me but maybe I can massage them?? Im wearing a sprots bra but it isnt that tight. Should I get a tighter one? Should I tape the nipple area up or should I just pray for fluff??? Im still have a rash under the boobs but other than that I love them... No lift here... Yippee I get to save my money!!

You can see the improvement in your pictures already, please keep updating - so interested to see how your healing goes. Im in the process of feeling like I want rid of my implants but scared what I'll be left with.. so appreciate reading your progress x
you look really great!! I'm so happy for you! (((hugs)))
Fabulous result :) :)...Now it's time to change your heading Maybe something like..Finally rid of thes old bags!!) Huggzz

I LOVE MY BOOBS...

Wow, it feels so good to say that. I never in a million years thought Id say that feeling the way I have been for so long. Its been such a roller coaster. I didnt think I could get pregnant so I go and buy boobs, the Dr put in what he thought I would want and not what I actually wanted, I ended up getting everything horrible thing that could happen to a person with implants. Now flash forward almost 4 years and I am finally FREE and back to myself again. My boobs are actually a size bigger than before. Although, its been really tough trying to get my milk back in, I am happy with the results. I massaged my right one and it fluffed out nicely. I couldnt believe it. I woke up the next day and they were almost even... I couldnt be happier and the Dr was great too :) Now I just need to lose 10 more pounds before July. Im getting married FINALLY!!

Congrats! On everything!
Hi there. So glad you are on the other side and healing well. I was just wondering how old your baby is and if you are still trying to get your milk back in? If so let me know and I'll write back. When my first son was 3 weeks old I stopped breastfeeding suddenly when I was hospitalized and had emergency surgery. After several weeks and completely dried up I was able to get my milk supply back and ended up nursing him till he was 3!
I go back and forth actually... I wouldnt mind trying to get my milk back up. I havent even tried since surgery 3 weeks ago. My boobs are doing something weird and its scaring me. Im wondering if it is because my milk is dried up?? I cant figure it out. Did you have your implants taken out and then built your milk back up??

PLEASE SOMEONE TELL ME THIS IS JUST A PHASE...

Im totally freaking out. All of a sudden my boobs did something weird and now they are all wonky again. Its like my left one completely shriveled up... What happened and what happened to my nipple?? will it go back to normal?? I loved them 2 weeks ago... Can someone tell me this is normal and they will fluff out like they were 2 weeks ago?? Help is this what they meant when they said I will need a lift?

How's healing coming along? Just curious, did they remove the capsules on you?
Smart move on not getting the lift!! You look so much better than you ever did before with those things!! And I'm sure over time the scar tissue will soften up, and your boobies will relax a little :)
Thinking of you. Hope all is healing well.

ITS BEEN FOREVER...

Since I last updated... So much going on and first I would like to say, although my boobs are not perfect, I LOVE THEM.. Just having the feeling back to normal is a blessing. My left nipple looks as if it is melting off and drooping no matter what I do but at the end of the day they are pretty much even and I never wear a bra... Oh you do not even know how awesome that is... I LIVED in sports bras and now I feel amazing! I could not of done it without any of you and the support of my now husband :) We got married on July 19th and it was perfect! He can actually touch them without me cringing. The best decision I have ever made!! and for those Dr that told me I needed a lift... They can go shove it up their a**! Seriously... I mean I could of listened to them and spent thousands of dollars. I cant imagine all that do actually listen to them and go through with it. Natural is the best feeling ive felt in a long time! Photo taken just now! To all of you thinking of getting rid of your toxic bags, I say DO IT and do not look back. You will love the way you feel!

I haven't been on here for many months and I just saw your update! You look awesome!! I'm sure you're ecstatic! I am so happy with my post explant results as well. It's amazing to be natural. I am, however, planning on getting a lift mainly to get back down to a D cup from the DDD's I have after the implants came out. Congrats hun! You look amazing!
You look beautiful. So jealous....
You look amazing. Can you please explain how insurance may pay? Is it for the removal portion? I didn't realize insur. Would possibly pay.
Dr Esmailian

Dr. Esmailian did an amazing job and I was a mess. I look and feel amazing... He is in my opinion Probably the best Doctor EVER!!!! Just Sayin...