I Love My New Breasts! - Orange County, CA

I had my breast augmentation 1 month ago with Dr....

I had my breast augmentation 1 month ago with Dr. Kessler in Newport Beach and I'm absolutely thrilled with the results.  For years I had been on the fence about getting breast implants.  I've always desired a fuller bustline, but did not want that over-the-top "done" look that seems so common in Orange County.  I decided that since I was turning 35 this year, I would finally commit to having the surgery and began exhaustively researching both the procedure itself and various plastic surgeons about 5 months ago.  I put in a great deal of effort to find the best doctor for me and it totally paid off.

I can honestly say that my results have exceeded my expectations.  At both my consultation and my pre-op appointment, I showed Dr. Kessler goal photos of breasts I liked.  Not only do I feel that my outcome is very close to my goal photos, I actually like my breasts BETTER than my goal photos.  I did not have a particular size in mind, but rather a "look" that I communicated through pictures.   Dr. Kessler chose a size and shape implant that really complements my body.  I wanted a result that would be both elegant AND sexy and I feel that is exactly what I got.  I LOVE my new breasts and how they look on me.

For anyone considering this or any cosmetic procedure, I would like to advise that, in my opinion, the success of my outcome can be attributed to 2 things:

1) Good Communication-  Look for a doctor with whom you communicate well.  You should feel comfortable asking him/her questions and feel that they genuinely want you to understand their answers.  Dr. Kessler really listened to me, but also kept me realistic about my expectations.

2) Skill level and credentials-  If you're familiar with this website, then I'm sure you've read this many times, but it is important that you choose a doctor that is very experienced and Board Certified.  In my case, I really feel that Dr. Kessler's experience, technical expertise and insight led to a beautiful result as well as a very quick and fairly painless recovery process.

It was asked to provide some additional info about...

It was asked to provide some additional info about my surgery and my stats:

I'm 35, no kids. Half asian half caucasian.
5'5", ~115lbs. BWD 12", rib cage 27"-28"
Pre op 34A/32B, Post op 34C/32D

My impants are 300CC, High Profile Silcone, smooth, round. Crease incision. (My primary reason for the crease incision vs nipple is that I was concerned about scarring. Being half asian, I have a tendency to scar more obviously and have read that it is often recommended in asian breast augmentation to not go through the nipple for that reason.)

I had a very swift recovery. My doctor used pain blocks during surgery so I was not really in much pain at all. Honestly, I felt like Wonder Woman the next day. I also think it is important to be on top of your pain meds and not allow any pain to set in. Lastly, I was extremely lucky that my mom took care of me post op; there's nothing like a mother's love to help the healing process along! Oh yeah, and lots of follow up and communication with your PS is super important!

Exercise: I am a runner so it has been hard having to abstain from running. I am easing back into it slowly but my advice is to not push yourself. I have had a couple painful episodes where my breast hurt afterwards, so I am going to wait another week or so before running again. I also find it helpful to wear 2 bras when running. In order to make up for the lack of exercise, I have been walking everywhere I can. For example, I used to drive to the grocery store and now I walk. I buy fewer items because I have to carry them home and as a result I end up walking to the store everyday and I find that in making more frequent trips I am burning enough calories to offset my inactivity from not running. I was worried about gaining weight after the surgery as I've seen other people do, so I feel like all the extra walking has helped prevent that.

Hope this helps. I am happy to answer any questions and share my experience with anyone who is considering surgery or is already going through recovery like me. So far I am really happy with my decision and am really enjoying sharing my journey :-)

2 month update

So, it's been 2 months and things seem to be going well. I'm back to running a few times a week. I still double up on the sports bras and I don't run for too long (maybe 3-4 miles) but everything seems to be fine. I'm continuing to see my breasts soften and they're definitely feeling and moving more like real breasts. (2 month pics attached). I still do my massages 3 times a day and I definitely think it helps.

One item of note- I recently went swimming for the first time and I could definitely feel my muscles and implants moving in a strange way. It was a little freaky. My stroke of choice is the breast stroke... I may need to change to doggy paddle as I did not like the feeling of my muscles pushing the implants apart... Other than than, I feel totally back to normal :)

I'm really pleased with how natural my breasts feel both in and out of clothes. They really are starting to feel like a part of

Nearly 5 months post op, still as happy as ever :)

No significant changes other than more softening. I'm continually amazed at how much they move and feel like real breasts. My scars are much flatter and softer now and although they're still red, you can tell they're gradually fading.

I can't say enough about how glad I am that I chose to do this surgery. Even though the initial thrill of having big breasts has kind of worn off, I'm still in love with my results and definitely feel sexier and more confident every day I look in the mirror.
Corona Del Mar Plastic Surgeon

Dr. Kessler and his staff are fantastic.  Wayne and Sonia are so warm and friendly yet very professional and a cut above other plastic surgeons' staff that I've encountered.   Dr. Kessler is a true find- not only is he very caring with a great bedside manner, he possesses an ideal balance of surgical skill and an aesthetic sensibility that any patient should hope for in their plastic surgeon.  I feel very lucky to have found him :)    Lastly, I wanted to mention that the surgery facility (Starpoint Surgery Center) was great.  My experience there was so much better than what I've had at other surgery facilities.  The staff was very kind and attentive and they let me take my time in recovery with absolutely no pressure to leave.

You look great! I'm Asian, and had mine ba done 10 days ago. Hopefully mine will be as natural too:)
Thank you!! And congratulations :)
Yes they look good, i cant wait for mine to be more squish-able!
Thanks, yours look great! Don't worry, they will get a lot more squishy in the upcoming weeks. I'm really suprised at how natural mine are starting to feel. Like I've had then all along :) The 2 months goes by really fast.
Thank you do much! That really took some stress off! I was worried about buying a whole new wardrobe and not bein able to hide it. So glad to hear your experience do far!
You look fantastic!!!
Thank you! I was just looking at your photos and you look amazing!!!
Hi, I love your boobs they look amazing. I am currently a small B and is really looking to fill them up to a full B small C... I am asian and i tend to scar easily as well, so I am also going for the crease incision. How is your incision healing???
Thank you!!! The scar question is a really good one. I honestly don't think about it much because I don't see them, but when I touch them, they are very thick and lumpy. I think it should get better with time and I've been using silicone sheeting which is supposed to help with skin types that are prone to hypertrophic scarring, but I've accepted the possibility that the scars might always be raised. This actually makes me even more confident that I made the right choice with the crease incision. I doubt anyone will feel my crease so if I'm going to have a big rope-like scar, I would rather it not be on my nipple. I was reading your post and it sounds like we have similar stats and your before pics look a lot like me. I think you will be really happy with the sizes you're considering and if you're worried about the scars, the crease is the best way to go. Like I mentioned, in the big picture, it's something I rarely think about anymore :)
Thank so much for the info! I also wanted to ask is it easy to hide your girls under clothes if you wanted too? I am asking thus because I don't want everyone to know about my procedure and was worried about having difficult time hiding my breast when I want to. Can't wait to see more photos from you!
I was in the same predicament as you; I didn't tell anyone at work (except for one person) and didn't want anyone to know. I know some people have noticed, but not everyone has and I was able to dress in ways where I didn't feel like they were obvious so I didn't feel uncomfortable around pepole. Basically, I have 2 rules for dresing for work now: #1- I wear sports bras everyday. #2- No sweaters or knit tops. Now I only wear fitted, button down collared shirts. Nothing too baggy becuase I think it just makes them look bigger and I always tuck my shirts in :) I took a whole week off from work, so by the end of the week, I felt well enough to go shopping and try stuff on too see what worked and what didn't. I still wear a lot of my clothes from before the surgery, but some tops I couldn't wear right away (because my breasts were higher and more pronounced). They are a lot easier to hide 2 months out.
Hi! Ur results look great!! Interesting about the swimming, I also swim, mostly freestyle and hope I won't be restricted! I am going over the muscle so hope that will help minimize any difficulty!
Thanks! I think you're right; if yours are over the muscle then you probably won't have the same issue :) I definitely need to experiment and see which motions work best for me. Other than that, I really haven't had any other animation issues. Good luck on your surgery!!! Sounds like you're going with a pretty conservative size like me, so you'll probably have a sppedy recovery and be back in the water in no time :)
You look great!! I promised myself once I got this surgery I would be more active, so it's interesting to hear about your recovery plus how easing back into running has been for you. Great review, thank you! I hope mine turn out like yours. Happy healing!
Thanks! Congrats on your upcoming surgery! I know you are probably so exicted! I look forward to reading your update :-)
You really do look fantastic!!! Thanks so much for sharing your review. Very helpful! I'll be interested to find out how you transition into fully running again. Please post as you progress towards 6 weeks, etc.
You look so good ;) I am half white and half Asian, getting 550cc sub glandular in three days. Hoping mine are as round and pretty as yours. how long was it til you felt up to going out and doing the grocery shopping or running?
Thank you! I had the surgery on a Thursday and by the following Monday I was able to drive to my 2nd follow up and I did go shopping afterwards, but I was so tired I was wiped out after 30 mins. I was going on my walks and stuff after about a week (but I started off really slow! I didn't carry anything heavy for at least 2 weeks though (just breads and salads and stuff). I went running at 3 weeks but after a few attempts I got nervous so I stopped. I try off and on, but sometimes afterwards, I get a little tightness in my right breast so I'm taking a break again. I will try to go running again next week, but I'm not totally comfortable with getting back into it yet even though I really want to. Congrats on your surgery!! I know you must be so excited! Your surgery date will be here before you know it. I'm really excited for you and I can't wait to read your update!!
Thanks for the info! And yes, I am excited to share my update with all of you :)

Congratulations! You look fantastic! You really did a great job of researching and communicating your goals to your surgeon. How was your recovery? Any specific challenges or advice? It would be great if you could include your height/weight/cc's in your next "update" to your review so this info is easily viewed right up front in your review. (This is helpful to newbies to the site when they come across your review. Thanks and congrads again!

Ok, thanks. I will update now. I was a newbie not too long ago, so I can definitely appreciate how helpful details like that are. I'm a big fan of this website, btw. Such a fantastic resource!

Thanks for all the great details in your update Lobstermac78! Let us know how the running goes!  :)

That makes me feel lots better! I thought I would need around 375cc, but my PS says he thinks he should go more along the lines of 280-300cc and I was super upset. After seeing your photos though, I think that will be just fine. I guess for someone so small, a little really does go a long way!!
I know exactly what you mean. I was the same way. It's so hard not to get hung up on numbers, but they really don't mean anything. At the end of the day, your surgeon knows best and only wants what will be best for you. Some doctors will just do whatever size the patient wants and I think that's a little scary. Sounds like you are in good hands. There are so many additional risks with going too big; to me, it is not worth it. Plus, I love that I can still look slim and fashionable in clothes and then more voluptuous in bikinis. As I told my friends when I was first researching breast implants, "I want to be a "B" cup in the streets and a "D" cup in the sheets!" and that's totally what I ended up with ;p. Best of both worlds!
That is Awesome! Thanks for your quick reply! Now if I can just wait...patiently....