Forehead Lumps and Bumps From Botox

Pros: Opens and Brightens your eyes and gives you...

Pros: Opens and Brightens your eyes and gives you a definite look. Smooths out lines.

Cons: Unexpected reactions. Causes the occasional headache/bruising and swelling.

I did it to give myself a lift. A bad couple of years started showing/frown lines, etc.

I have been getting Botox for a few years now. I have always liked the results. On 12/24 I had my forehead injected and an injection on either side of both eyes. For me, Botox usually takes 5-10 days to see the full results. It opens my eyes and lifts my forehead and gives me a certain glow and a well rested look. It can shave off some years. My doctor is a bit conservative, which I like. However, this time, my experience was not as positive as it has been in the past. In fact, it looked like I had some lumps/bumps under the skin on my forehead and when I pulled my eyes together, my forehead scrunched up as if I never had Botox injected. I went back today for a follow up and my doctor, at no charge, injected my forehead again. I know I have to wait, but already, I have three/four long rippled like lumps between my eyes on my forehead and this never happened to me. I am wondering if my body is rejecting the Botox or that my muscles are reacting adversely. I sure do hope this goes away, as it looked better before Botox.

I have been going to the same doctor and I think he's great, but not sure what to think at this point. Also, my eyes didn't raise like the usually do. I will wait a week to re-post, but would love to hear if anyone else has experienced these results. I hope I'm not looking at plastic surgery to repair this, as I don't feel ready for it and it's manmade. I look tired with sad eyes rather than the usual uplifted glowing look I get from Botox.

Has anyone ever experienced this?

The doctor has done amazing work until now, so not sure how to answer at present.

Back from the derm. He injected the cyst again. There's always a risks of indenting but I couldn't take the pain and the ugliness. He said if it wasn't bothering me wait and see if antibx would zap it but I knew it wouldn't. Plus I can't sleep on side, ever put my hand on forehead, wear sunglasses, bend over or raise my voice without pain....I hope this works without denting. This stinks!
Thanks for asking your nurse. My dr says the bottom hasn't caused this either but Ida know. They think it was the needlestick that caused cyst. I don't understand all these tiny breakouts near the inner cornets of my eyes too. So strange. I not loving any of this, wrinkles, bangs, pimples....I'll keep you posted if I try it again. I'm using alpha hydroxy acids now!
Bumpy, My forehead is already high so I'm not a candidate for that! I know women who have had it and said if they knew how badly it would hurt, they might not have done it. Such an individual thing.
The one procedure I would do is Fraxil. My nurse, Mary does that and it's wonderful. A doc could do the deeper fraxil where you are asleep and wipe out your wrinkles.
I saw Mary today and asked about your cyst. She really thought that botox would not cause that and actually thought botox would help it.
My forehead had gotten pretty clear as of last week. I decided to try a hair spray that I bought a while back and had stopped using.
My skin started to act up a little again. The little botox injections I had as a test on my neck never gave me a reaction. I'm going to start taking claratin everyday because I seem to becoming more sensitive to so many things. In a month or so I am going to try botox again.
I know what you mean about vanity. I don't want to become obsessed, but a little help is nice.
To be continued:)
J56,
Did you try Botox again?
I'm still on antibx. No Botox yet, no zits, cyst gone so far. I got 2 units injected by hairline with no reaction... How crazy am I to think about it again!
J56,
Did u read mine? I'm in almost same boat.... Except this is a cyst that hurts and won't go away. I have had it injected w cortisone and it's leaving a red dot when it's goes down. Then flares up. I think made need surgery which may leave scar right between eyes. Then the bottom of cyst is leaving a line of demarkation above nose. I don't want to leave house. It throbs and if I bend over it hurts. I think the company isn't telling people information. I wish I could find someone to help me. I'm in Chicago. This is horrible, ugly and painful.
Bumpy, my nurse is in a dermatologists office. When my issues arose, I was the first one to report problems. There are disclaimers we sign when choosing to try this stuff. I think it may list possible side effects. When I go in there next week I'll ask about cysts. I'm wondering what kind of office you are going to, not that it matters. My thinking is that if you are in a plastic surgeons office they might be able to help with a scar?
I had a terrible scar running down my nose from skin cancer removal, Mohs surgery. I.P.L. really helped the scar a ton. Again, it was my derms nurse who advised me and took care of my nose post op.
Do you have friends that like their Doctors in your area? I would really ask around and see if one or two names keep coming up.
I would stay away from places that pay to put adds about themselves everywhere.
Hi,
I am on my 3th derm but this one is a cosmetic surgeon/derm. I trust him to inject the cyst but if I need surgery I still need a plastic surgeon. I just wonder if it was the trauma from the needle stick or the botox. Im so sad because tons of people get to enjoy the benefits while Im stuck with this cyst and wrinkles forming above/between my brows. my friends keep getting it done while I cant. I keep finding myself wanting this to heal and thinking Im going to temp the gods again. I had to cut bangs to hide it. Im 41 and have always enjoyed people saying you look so young. Wish I wasnt so vein....I look at my face and see this red cyst with wrinkles and want to crawl back into bed.....then I think if the antibx work and the dr injects this cyst and it goes away ill try botox again....whats wrong with me?
As a side note......Crows feet seem ok or pretty to me, its the lines between eyebrows and over nose that I think are ugly. I dont have any lines around mouth, those I think I could deal with but I feel like I have a triangle between my eyes....with a cyst.......I will check out the Mohs...I did discover that information with my research...
Thanks so much.... Would you ever consider brow lift? Im scared and its too much $$$$ but im thinking botox is unhealthy for me.....
I did read your post. Sounds awful! The nurse that injected me has been very helpful. She asked for pic's and has seen me twice.She also has been in touch with the supplier. It's now been almost 5 months and I'm cleared up, although I have very tiny marks from some of the bumps.
Nurse said that I may be unable to have botox again on my forehead. I expected that. She then injected two tiny spots on my neck just to see if I'd react. 10 days and no reaction. This will sound nuts but she said it's possible to react in some places and not others.
What I appreciate is that she is as concerned as I was. Now I'm more curious than ever. I'm going to ask for a VERY small amount on my crows feet as see what happens.
I must mention that I had not changed anything like shampoo, hairs pray prior to my forehead mess. It was the botox.
I had Botox 2 times before no trouble. Third time I got huge cyst between my eyes and zits all over forehead. This cyst won't go away and might need surgery. I'm in worst shape than before Botox and depressed I cam never get it again I'm scared. Drs blow me off and say it wasn't Botox. I know it was.
I am 56 yrs. Have had botox 2x yearly for about 10 yrs. I am usually happy with the results, always go for a natural look. About 4 yrs. ago I had what I thought was a rash on my forehead. I thought it was the sunscreen I was using since it was a new brand for me. i remember that I had botox within a week of the bumps.
No more problems till last time. Again, within a week of having botox, my forehead was covered with tiny bumps. they weren't really pimples, just raised bumps. Really ugly. It's been 3 months and they have slowly been going away. I am thinking I've developed an allergy to botox:(
Hi....just thought you might want to read my Feb 15th posting....I have not had a problem since!!!
Susan, reread your post. Sounds good and I will pass on the info to my nurse. Thanks!
I had Botox in my forehead yesterday, been having 6 monthly treatments for about 3 years. For the first time I have a lump at each injection sight still, each one is red and sore. When I bend down I can feel the pressure in my forehead, it kind of throbs. The lumps are sore to touch. I'm so worried that they aren't going away and something is really wrong. Has anyone else had these type of reactions before? I have contacted my practitioner and she says not to worry and that the lumps and soreness will go.
Fidge,
Did your cysts go away?
I got botox for the first time a week ago in my forehead. I still have the forehead wrinkle and I have puffy spots above my eyebrows (not at the injection sites). I also look "devilish." Does it go away??
Same thing has happened to me. I'm rather surprised and worried about it. I had Botox injected into my forehead 4 days ago. I expected the lumps to have subsided by now, which I'd never had before — have had it done twice in the last 2 years — and they have not. It looks almost like I have lumpy blood veins that are streaking along my forehead, and a few lumps in other places. I made an appt. for tomorrow for this Doc to take a look, but I must tell you, the idea of injecting anything else makes me sweaty with anxiety. I look a little "devilish". Hate it.
8829anon, I am having a similar reaction to botox as you did. Could you tell me if the "streaking" across your forehead ever resolved?
I too have a lump form the injection that has lasted 9 days and 2 different doctors said they have never seen that before. I just wondered if anyones has subsided and how long it took.
Hi,
Mine has been there since the botox injection aug 31.. I had to have a derm inject it with coritizone but I think it's still there or scar tissue. All drs are telling me bottom didn't cause it but also between my eyes I keep breaking out which I never did before. If this cyst doesn't gob away I made need surgery. You need to go see a good dermatologist. Do you have a history of breaking out?
Hi Susanxox, Thanks. Well, my lumps and bumps were under the skin. Just kinda lumpy and not on the surface. So, I think mine are a bit different than yours. It's great that you found a way to get around this problem. I would never put Botox under my eyes. My forehead doesn't look as bad as it did. However, I don't have the great results I usually get. The nurse practitioner who works under my doctor, said I need a few more shots and my eyebrows will go right where they're supposed to, but I am going to wait a bit. I will have her do it the next time. Thanks for your input. It's nice that we have this site to compare notes, etc. :)
Girl007,

I know this is over a year later, but I am so glad I just read that you had the same experience that I am having right now!!!! I got Botox for the first time March 21st and within a week I knew something was wrong. Every single thing that happened to you has or is still happening to me! My plastic surgeon did it and all I got was a "poo pooing" from his nurse when I inquired why my eyes looked like I was super tired or on drugs. Seriously..........and then when I went in for them to look at the two lumps over my eye brows, she was like, "I've never seen that, I think you look great" NOT!!!! The gal who does my hair even noticed the "Frankenstein" looking eyebrows while doing my hair. And she didn't know I did Botox till I told her. She agreed that it just didn't look right at all!!
So, its almost 3 months later, and I'm finally able to raise my eyebrows more, but my left eye still looks "lazy" compared to my right. My forehead looks like little bumps on it. I'm praying its not going to be permanent. Did yours improve? I'm debating even doing it again, and if so, not to the same doctor at all!!!!

Please let me know how you're doing now, I know a year later, but I'm hoping you tell me I will look normal again soon!!!!!

Thank you! :)
I initially had the same reaction, deep cyst like pimples between my eyes after botox. It happened a couple of times and my doctor gave me two things to clear it up...First I used Dermatop 2 x a day morning and night(I think it helps the swelling) and then Clindasol cream 4x a day until they dried up. They totally worked!! We have since figured out a routine that keeps the breakout away and I can still do botox....3 or 4 days prior to botox appt I use the clindason cream a few times a day on the area that is usually affected, then I get my botox and continue the cream for another 2 or 3 days after. I haven't had another breakout after botox and I'm loving it!! Good luck, hope it works for you! As for any botox under the eye, no way! My doctor says she knows some dr.s will do it but she won't because it's too risky...droopy eyes etc....just a thought. I do the area between my eyes, my brow and crow's feet and it looks great and natural and I look super rested....
Hi April 1959! Yes, I understand and know what Dr. S is talking about. I too have had the same (slight bruising, little bumps, which is/was expected). It's the fact that I still, for whatever reason, have a lumpy forehead which is visible in and I can actually feel it when I run my finger across. My forehead is not smooth like it usually is and I can move my eyebrows a lot and pull them in. I will say that my doctor is into making a difference at the same time as keeping it natural, which is why I have been going to him. Something didn't take and I hope that these lumps go away! I went back for a follow up, and the doctor gave me a few more shots at no charge and said he saw what I was talking about. Guess what? Nothing happened. Still the same. My left eyelid is slightly lazy (we'll call it that) and my left eyebrow is lower than the right. Nothing like yours though. At this point, I will leave well enough alone. I am sorry that you had to go through what you went through. Timing! You must have been more than upset! Just like you, I know my face, my eyes, my forehead and I have that look I get right before I actually get Botox injections. Whenever I do get Botox, I feel uneasy about it, as I know what is being injected. However, I am not ready to do anything major. I look much younger than my age and now I feel like I need a brow lift because I don't know if Botox will take now. I am not happy, but at the same time, it's so superficial of me to be complaining when the people of Haiti are suffering. Anyway, I am glad to know that your situation has resolved. I am not ready to give up on fillers/Botox, but I am hesitant at this point.
What Dr Dr. Sattenspiel is talking about, the temporary forehead bump and bruising just after the injection, I have had that and yes after aboout an hour the bruising (if any) and bumps have gone and settled. Its just that the injection giving was fresh. Does sound reassuring when he says that the botox injection should not leave the lumping that you have gotten. Im interested in knowing if perhaps the botox was off then as you asked. You said that you had a lower eyebrow - well no that is not the droopy eyelid. With the eyelid, its the eyelid that doesnt open all the way up so the eyelid just comes up half way up the eye and makes you look weird cos the other eye is right and open all the way and gives the look that you are 'starring' open eyed with the one eye. The eyebrow is the eyebrow and would give the look that the right eyebrow is up as in surprised look. That is prob what you have. I had that once too, but it was my eyebrow up too high. That was easily corrected though, my dr just injected a small dose into the forehead on top of the effected higher eyebrow to lower it and it was fine. THIS droopy eyelid thing that I just had now well I had to have drops for my eyes and unfortunately I needed my eye corrected by jan 8 cos my only daughter was getting married Jan 9 and my eye was not corrected by then. It was fine in the morning but by afternoon time and all the photo taking time, my eye was tired now and heavy and was drooped again so all the photoes of me full frontal have me with the droopy eye and im so distraught about that. Once I was able to put drops in during the reception, the eyelid lifted abit for the remaining of the evening, but by then all the portrait official photos had been taken. My eye was corrected the week AFTER wouldnt you know it, so all together it took just under a month to correct with the help of drops. sorry if im rambling -would I have it again - well right now I say no, but who knows when the botox all wears off and yes right now I do say that this time it was certainly a waste of money, I threw this money down the drain and at a time when I wanted to look my best, for my daughters wedding - everything was perfect but I would rather have had a bad zit or a coldsore (makeup can cover)than to have had that drooping eye- to me and I know you feel the same - it was like I had this deformity on that day and the camera has captured that for forever. I also do what you do and still do actually cos have to reassure that my eye is okay - and that is look in the mirrors when I pass by one, oh my Yes for sure I have been doing that too. The botox I dont want to give up is the botox for the lines inbetween the eyebrows (gabella or whatever) and for the forehead. I too loved my eyes being lifted but if it means the risk of droopy eyes time and time again, I cant live through that again. have you told friends etc, you have botox and what you are experiencing now is from the botox?? I dont usually say when I have it so I didnt say my droopy eyelid was from botox, I said I had an eye infection.

Question: Forehead Lumps and Bumps from BOTOX®

Answer: I have never experienced forehead lumps and bumps from Botox®. The actual injection solution of BOTOX® is saline (sterile salt water). There is often a little temporary lump at each site where the BOTOX® is administered. When the saline is absorbed into the local subcutaneous tissues of the forehead, the lumps are gone (usually within an hour or two). A small hematoma that occurs when a small blood vessel is nicked with the needle or even a subsequent infection in the needle punctured site could produce a small lump but this is extremely rare. BOTOX® injections, by themselves, should not produce forehead lumps and bumps.