I Was Young and Didn't Do my Research, Breasts Too Big! - Orange, CA

I was 20 years old, and had always wanted to go a...

I was 20 years old, and had always wanted to go a little fuller. At the time I was slender, and thought I wanted a little more fullness. Looking back, my breasts were just perfect the way they were. I was a nice B cup, looking to go to a C.

I went to Dr. Talesinik, because I had met a girl at my work and she said she was happy. I brought in some pictures of what I wanted. The doctor was nice, but we didn't discuss CC's, he said I had nice breast tissue, and I told him I didn't want to go too big. The consult was short. Looking back, I should have asked more questions and done my research. I just decided I was going to do it, and trusted that "make them look natural" and "not too big" were enough. I realize that some girls like the big, fake look, and maybe the doctor thought I would be happier like that. Now my breasts are so big that they stick out on the sides, I hate that. I would probably be happy if they were more than half of the size they are now. But at this point I want them out.

Please ladies, do your research about size, sometimes the surgeon can't or won't make you the size you want. Have him explain this. This was several years ago, and the doctor could be much better than when I went. When I was younger, I was just afraid to ask questions at my follow up. I made a huge mistake. I received no literature, or follow up. I didn't know what to do with bandages, how long to keep on wearing the surgical bra, etc. My scars did not turn out well. The breasts sit low, and are a bit uneven. I don't think the doctor did a terrible job, but much too big for me, and not happy about the scarring. I am stuck with back pain for now. I just don't want to spend that kind of money right now, so I hide under my clothes, I'm a DDD and so uncomfortable.

I am sorry for what you have gone through. My doctor gave me ddds and it's only been eight months and I'm already going back to get them taken out. I have stretched my skin from a B to 450ccs that I think I have to settle with smaller implants to not looks like I have pancakes on my chest. I did them when I was 22 and also went I fast with little research. I just wanted to tell you your not alone and I wish I had never butchered myself for some unrealistic ideal of beauty. Maybe you can go smaller or simply take them out?
Hi, thanks for the support. I've been calling around for the explant procedure. I'm trying to see if I can do an internal "lift" without having to do a full on breast lift. Not ready for all the scars of a full lift, plus I might want more kids. So far I've been quoted about $2,500-$3,000 for removal with possible internal lift, that just seems like a lot of money! But we live, and learn to love ourselves as we were. I do not want smaller implants, I want to be natural at this point. It's a lifetime commitment I just don't want.
I completely understand. Good luck and keep your head up :)
Orange County Plastic Surgeon

He was nice, but quick and I was not guided through the process. It was more like: take money, get boobs, very little in between. Poor communication pre-planning, despite my request for a conservative look. His staff is not very friendly, they act like they are doing a favor by answering the phone. I tried to show pictures and express my interest to look natural, but the Dr. had a different opinion on what "natural" looks like. No clear after care instructions. I should have done better research.