Scheduled for March 8th, 2011 - Ontario, CA

I am having my surgery on March 8th and I am so...

I am having my surgery on March 8th and I am so terrified to do so.
I have had other surgeries and was not the least bit afraid, but this one scares the crap out of me.
Have anyone of you experienced this? I am reading all of these letters and I must admit that I am feeling a little better about it.
I am about 40 lbs overweight too and I am reading that it won't be as effective if you are not at your ideal weight.
I also have a large scar from gall bladder surgery alongside my belly button and don't know if this will be affected.
One day I am ok and the next day I am going to cancel.
I need help, lol

Has anyone heard of anyone dying from this surgery?

Has anyone heard of anyone dying from this surgery?

I am so nervous I can't sleep at night. I have...

I am so nervous I can't sleep at night.
I have to make my final payment today and I dont' know what to do.
I had a dream last night that I died during the surgery and I am not sure that I can go through with this. Help!!

Horrah!!! I am 4 days post op and I feel...

Horrah!!!
I am 4 days post op and I feel absolutely terrific.
I had barely any pain, was able to walk around, although not a lot, the next day.
I had tummy tuck and breast reduction at the same time.
My doctor was totally amazing as were the staff at this office and the hospital.
I have a nurse coming each day to change the drainage tubs and dressings. My dressings had virtually NO blood on them from the getgo. This doc is so good at what he does.
The draining has almost stopped so hopefully get them out tomorrow...really looking forward to a nice hot shower.
I had one night stay in the hospital which I would really recommend to everyone.
I would have this surgery done again in a heartbeat. I have a flat stomach now that I havent' had since I was 17!

Feeling even better today..........This is good!! lol

feeling even better today..........This is good!! lol

Doctor Derek Ford

Doctor Derek Ford He's amazing. Very small incision and no bleeding after surgery...Very little pain overall.

I'm having my procedure done Oct 25. I am more excited than nervous. I have been reading this forum since April and have lost the 20 lbs and just got the go sign from my ps today. This is my second post. If you want to read the first, you can just click on my pic? If so you will see that I am 65 and have a new future with a new man. I want that body to be better and have been wanting this forever. A tune up!!!
well the tube is nothing...worry not about that..
Everything will be a-ok!! Trust me..I was worried but for nothing really..
Mine is April 4. I am soooo exited but I am sooooo scared because of the anesthetic mostly. I am also scared because of them having to but a tube down my throat (intubation)
Hi there,
My name is Connie. I hate this 'privacy thing' lol
Yes my doctor arranged the nurse to come every day to change the drainage
tubes and change the dressings, which I may add have not had any blood on
them from the getgo.
I was so terrified of this surgery, in fact, on the operating table I got up
and started crying and walking out saying I could nt do it..the nurses
talked me into it, saying that everything would be fine,, and they were
right..it was.
When was your surgery???
Oh wow your so lucky you have been doing so well since the beginning. Oh I would love to see the pre/post op pics! You say you have a nurse coming each day to help change your dressing. Is this through the PS office or like your community health centre?
wow, your preop and postop postings are different as night and day!!! Thank goodness!! So glad you are doing so well!!
PS Get a good look at my Pic! My Before will have me with a Paperbag over my head LOLLLL and the After will be when I'm slim and Trim!!

@ MelsFlossin I refuse to "Weigh" myself but I am between a 10-12 but 1/2 month a 12 1/2 month a 10. I want to be a ten completely with the curvy waist. I don't look good any smaller than that. 185 depending on how tall and how you carry your weight is still small. Seriously! I was 176 and wore a size 8 for many years. I guess I was Beyonce Thick with curves but still it worked! that was in my Earlier Years .. now i'm just trying to keep hope alive haha!
Girl I am hella terrified too . . all totally natural ! You will do just fine. Think positive thoughts, ask questions if you have any (to the doc as well as here, peeps are so nice and helpful!) and just keep thinking about your new tummy :-) That's what I am trying to do ! Mine is scheduled for April 4. Its the waiting that is killing me (okay, wrong word LOL !! ) All the best and I would love to see your before and after pics, eh?
@ Farz! you're funny! "Killing" OMG I'm so nervous to!! I got this Wed (23rd) For my Bloodwork and Pre Whatever! My friend on the West Coast gave me all of this stuff to do! Green Green Green Foods. Salads..Hardly no beef the week of.. Pinapple juice after the surgery. No Vitaman E until after surgery then Hike it up..it'll help the healing much faster. Just think get it done now and you'll be a FOX by Summer time! I can't believe this is finally happening for me to. just 12 days to go for something i've been waiting 10 years to do is almost surreal. I have an hourglass shape but i want a "HOURGLASS BOO YOW" "Foxy Brown" Shape LOL LOL . I sound vain right now but far from it. I just want my body back! and it's time
Girl you have such a good sense of humour ! Let's do this so we can wear a bikini this summer !
Hello, please know that being nervous is very normal. I am 185 lbs and i'm not worried about it at all. I just dream of the beautiful belly. Just focus on your outcome. Look at other womens pictures around your weight or have a similiar stomach and compare. That really helped me. God Bless you.
Hi, it's ok to nervous about this, it's a big step, but it is such a great step for yourself! :) I am 11 days post-op and doing great! I haven't heard of anyone dieing from this surgery. It will all be fine, there is no need to worry about something like that happening. You will just feel like you're falling asleep and then wake up and everything will be done! :) It's very exciting. As to the "if you're not at your ideal weight" thing, I was still about 30 pounds away from my ideal weight, but couldn't get my stomach to go away, or even start shrinking! I have heard of some people using this procedure to jump start them again, and so they can actually see what good they've been doing! I wouldn't worry about that, if your plastic surgeon didn't say anything about you being overweight or anything, then I'm sure he can do a wonderful job on you!! :) You should post some pre and post op pictures, so we can see the major change that is going to happen.
you're scaring me!! Joking. I'm scheduled to have my Full TT March 3rd now it's changed to March 5 (something about the nurse not being available until Saturday).. I'm nervous as all out doors but I have worked my tush off and have been wanting this since my C-Section with my son in 2000! I just turned 37 and have worked hard enough for the past 2 months to be able to afford this. I do tons of Hot Yoga.. Work out at the gym.. Weights.. you name it! I'm a pretty curvy Louisiana girl but that little skin and little mushroom look that falls off the sides of my tummy just can't cut it for me! I'm not a vain person but for working out so long and this little flab ohh and that muscle that is soo Thin and weak!! just the thought of me being able to feel my muscle contract again after all of these years scream NORMAL!! Listen you will be fine with the Sleeping part. Trust me it's no big deal! you'll fall asleep and wake right back up with a new body!! Please take before and After photos and update us on your recovery! I guess we will be able to compare considering we are both going to have this done around the same time within a matter of days
Hi Katgirl,

How did it go?
Thank you for all of your help. I would do this surgery agaiin in a heartbeat.
I had not much pain at all and my stomach is flat again.
I didn't take pic's pre op but will post some pics of post op soon.
Thanks again for all of your help and I look forward to seeiing your pics'
I guess I have to look for replies. I am just now getting this. I finally did it!! if you go to my page you will see my before and afters so far. I finally got the drains out and also a few updates to help anyone so that they don't get Sick like I did.. twice! I'm finally doing GREAT Now that the drains were removed Yesterday! now I'm in this compression garment but at least I can dress decent now :) It's not so bad at all and it helps to curb my appetite for sure! I'm also on Water pills as of yesterday so you can only imagine how the restroom is my newest friend! :) ..
I can't find your home page..
hi there just click on my name KATGIRL
I did but there were no pic's or anything there
Click my photo next to my screen name
These are all natural feelings. My PS told me to be within 10-15 pounds of my ideal weight before going forward with the surgery or I may have to have a revision and won't be happy with the results.

My Sister also has a gall bladder scar in fact her's is quite ugly due to the fact she needed immediate surgery to remove it. Her PS told her he could revise the scar at the same time he did her tummy tuck.

Good luck to you! You will be fine! Keep us posted!!!
Thank you for all of your help.
It made me feel a lot better to read what you said to me.
Thank you and I feel great!!